You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

snag after snag

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat
after getting my computer serviced last friday i decided it would be safe to get back to getting some proper mtt sessions in over multiple sites, my poor computer just goes nuts with lag tho as soon as i have around 12 tables going, does anybody know why my computer cant handle a few sites going at the same time and if theres anything i can buy for my computer that will improve its performance for this, nothnig to technical cos im a numpty wid computers. cheers.

Comments

• edited April 2014
    How much did the service cost, and how much is ur PC worth?

Can get 1 with more than enough power for 300 quid.
  • edited April 2014
    Unusual title for your long awaited diary.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: snag after snag:
    Posted by Jac35
    haha its coming soon
  • edited April 2014
    How much did the service cost, and how much is ur PC worth? Can get 1 with more than enough power for 300 quid.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    £50 for the service and this is the 4th time hes been out in 2 year, no idea how much the computer cos i didnt buy it but its a good one.
  • edited April 2014
    Posted by Jac35
    hope you win play offs by the way, my dads a ram aswell
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: snag after snag : £50 for the service and this is the 4th time hes been out in 2 year, no idea how much the computer cos i didnt buy it but its a good one.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    lol.

Get a new PC off ebuyer, order tonight it'll be with you in time for the Sunday grind.

The 1 I bought 12/15 months ago is about £250 brand new now, it's more than enough for 4/5 sites & facebook/Spotify etc all at same time. 

edit*  http://www.ebuyer.com/570073-zoostorm-desktop-pc-7873-1200?utm_source=google&utm_medium=products&gclid=CKzkpIn-1r0CFQnpwgodSy0AVg
    Order within 24 hours it'll come on Saturday.

You'll be able to get a few quid for the comp you have now, surprised if it costs you more than £100 altogether.  

Also if something goes wrong in the future ring a different technician!
  • edited April 2014
    There are a couple of things you could look at first of all..........

When does your computer do windows & security updates?

Go To: Control Panel - Windows Updates - Change settings
    You can change the settings from "Every Day" to Every Sunday or a day & time when you are not playing poker. You can also change it to stop dowloading & installing updates automatically and install them at a time that suites you.

PCs become much slower whilst automatic downloads are being installed, so its always best to change the settings to a time or day when you are not playing poker.

you can also do the same with your internet & virus security settings.

I would also recommend a minimum of 4gig of RAM memory if you don't already have that much installed.

Does you PC also have a dual core or better CPU Processor?
    What operating system are you running? 
  • edited April 2014
    There are a couple of things you could look at first of all.......... When does your computer do windows & security updates? Go To: Control Panel - Windows Updates - Change settings You can change the settings from "Every Day" to Every Sunday or a day & time when you are not playing poker. You can also change it to stop dowloading & installing updates automatically and install them at a time that suites you. PCs become much slower whilst automatic downloads are being installed, so its always best to change the settings to a time or day when you are not playing poker. you can also do the same with your internet & virus security settings. I would also recommend a minimum of 4gig of RAM memory if you don't already have that much installed. Does you PC also have a dual core or better CPU Processor? What operating system are you running? 
    Posted by POKERTREV
    my pc installs updates automatically everyday at 3.00pm same as my security/spyware stuff so thats a good time for me as i dont usually start poker til around 7.00pm. my ram says 4kg (3.75 gbs usable). operating system is windowws 7 ultimate. ive no idea if my computer has dual core or better CPU Processor cos i have no clue what it is lol.
  • edited April 2014
    Sounds s though you need a new computer!

Get something with 8 g ram and an I5 processer
  • edited April 2014
    Tell us your pc specs first mate.  Follow these instructions then post your findings:

1) Click start and then right click on 'My Computer'
    2) Select Properties and a new screen will pop up.
    3) Now under system post the details of your 'Ram' and 'Processor'.  Once you've done that we'll take it further.
  • edited April 2014
    Tell us your pc specs first mate.  Follow these instructions then post your findings: 1) Click start and then right click on 'My Computer' 2) Select Properties and a new screen will pop up. 3) Now under system post the details of your 'Ram' and 'Processor'.  Once you've done that we'll take it further.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    rating - 3.4 windows experience index, processor - intel(R) core(TM) 2 cpu  4400@ 2.00GHz 1.99GHz, installed memory(RAM) 4.00GB (3.75GB usable), system type - 64 - bit operating system.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: snag after snag : rating - 3.4 windows experience index, processor - intel(R) core(TM) 2 cpu  4400@ 2.00GHz 1.99GHz, installed memory(RAM) 4.00GB (3.75GB usable), system type - 64 - bit operating system.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Your processor will be the reason for your pc struggling to cope with the amount of tables you are trying to play.  Also you could do with at least 6gb memory.

What kind of budget would you be willing to spend on a pc?  Pulled out a few that would be suitable for you depending on how much you're willing to spend although a couple of them come without an operating system so you'll have to spend extra for that.

http://www.ebuyer.com/570079-zoostorm-desktop-pc-7873-1203

http://www.ebuyer.com/614242-zoostorm-desktop-pc-7873-1224

http://www.ebuyer.com/567275-acer-aspire-mc-605-desktop-dt-sp4ek-026

http://www.ebuyer.com/567284-aspire-aspire-tc-105-desktop-dt-srfek-018

I would opt for either no2 or no4.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: snag after snag : Your processor will be the reason for your pc struggling to cope with the amount of tables you are trying to play.  Also you could do with at least 6gb memory. What kind of budget would you be willing to spend on a pc?  Pulled out a few that would be suitable for you depending on how much you're willing to spend although a couple of them come without an operating system so you'll have to spend extra for that. http://www.ebuyer.com/570079-zoostorm-desktop-pc-7873-1203 http://www.ebuyer.com/614242-zoostorm-desktop-pc-7873-1224 http://www.ebuyer.com/567275-acer-aspire-mc-605-desktop-dt-sp4ek-026 http://www.ebuyer.com/567284-aspire-aspire-tc-105-desktop-dt-srfek-018 I would opt for either no2 or no4.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    thanks for the help pal, i think ive mentioned to you before about having a bad fone line and i need bt to come out and take a look, do you think this could be contributing to my pc's poor performance and i should get this done first before i jump in and buy a new pc
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: snag after snag : thanks for the help pal, i think ive mentioned to you before about having a bad fone line and i need bt to come out and take a look, do you think this could be contributing to my pc's poor performance and i should get this done first before i jump in and buy a new pc
    Posted by THEROCK573
    I doubt very much that this will have anything to do with it although your wifi may contribute towards a slight delay at times if the signal is not strong  and is lost between your pc and router.

I would suggest you try and play 2 or 3 tables to test if you experience any lag and if so try it with just 1 table and see what happens.  I had a laptop that was a dual core 2ghz processor (very similar to yours) with 3gb memory and it struggled to play more than 6 tables.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: snag after snag : I doubt very much that this will have anything to do with it although your wifi may contribute towards a slight delay at times if the signal is not strong  and is lost between your pc and router. I would suggest you try and play 2 or 3 tables to test if you experience any lag and if so try it with just 1 table and see what happens.  I had a laptop that was a dual core 2ghz processor (very similar to yours) with 3gb memory and it struggled to play more than 6 tables.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    it runs fine with around 6 tables, 12 tables still work but its very laggy.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: snag after snag : it runs fine with around 6 tables, 12 tables still work but its very laggy.
    Posted by THEROCK573

That will be because of the processor struggling to handle it.  Go for a pc with the specs that I have showed but remember if you choose one without an operating system, you're going to need to pay extra for that and then if you cannot install it you'll be paying for someone to do it for you.