You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AA's cracked by a flush - could I have spotted it here

edited April 2014 in The Poker Clinic
Was playing 2p/4p earlier and had my AA's out-done again! I just want to know if I could have easily spotted that there was a possible flush lurking and folded my hand (Like I am thinking on reviewing this after the event) or did I just get unlucky again with Aces?

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance

Small blind £0.02 £0.02 £2.48
   Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £1.27
   Big blind   £0.04 £0.10 £3.96
GaryLaud  Your hole cards Ad As    

Check        
M  Raise   £0.12 £0.22 £2.66
1  Fold        
GaryLaud  Call   £0.12 £0.34 £2.32
2  Fold        
T  Call   £0.08 £0.42 £1.19
s  Call   £0.08 £0.50 £3.88

FLOP   4s 3s ks  

Oppy  Check        
s  Check        
m  Check        
GaryLaud  Check        

TURN   Kd      

Oppy  Bet   £0.38 £0.88 £0.81
s  Fold        
m  Fold        
GaryLaud  Call   £0.38 £1.26 £1.94

RIVER   6d      

Oppy  All-in   £0.81 £2.07 £0.00
GaryLaud  Call   £0.81 £2.88 £1.13
Oppy  Show        
J          
Q          
GaryLaud  Show Ad As      

Oppy  Win  Flush to the King £2.66   £2.66

Comments

• edited April 2014
    Why are we flat calling with AA pre? Just never ever do this, especially at 4NL when people will 100% call with SO many worse hands.

We should 3bet to like 40p preflop minimum.

Again, why are we checking the flop? Bet it!

vvv rare we're ever gonna be in a situation where we can fold AA when the opponent starts the hand with a little over 25xBB. Just unlucky, but you should have got the money in much earlier.
  • edited April 2014
    Re-raise pre. Bet the flop.

Outcome might be the same, but such is life.
  • edited April 2014
    You gotta raise man ! 

Someone bets 12p you have the best starting hand, whack it up to 40-50p

\At the lower stakes they will always call you

On the flop bet big

Your just calling, your not taking the initiative, thats understanble as its all new to you, but you need to start re raising, and betting out. Not just calling when your behind

You have the A of spades to give you the nuts, so im not worried about the flush so much as u have outs, bet all streets
  • edited April 2014

No-one can really come on here and give any advice that isn't 'bet plenty pre-flop with big hands at micro limits'.

No reason for not being happy to 3bet, 4bet, get it in pre and know you've done the right thing - pretty much 100% of the time with aces and almost 100% of the time with kings - even hands like JJ/QQ/AK at NL4 are worth going with pre-flop against a lot of the random players you'll bump into.

Don't worry about the times when you 3 bet to (say) 40p and everyone folds - you've just made 18p risk-free profit!  This is always way more preferable than letting multiple worse hands see flops that let them increase their chances of sucking out on you.

I guess it is a tough change in mindset moving from DYM (defend your stack at all costs) to cash (attack other people's stacks mercilessly) - but that's the shift that is needed to succeed in cash, with lots more aggression.

It's a whole lot more fun though at the cash tables as you start to adapt!

• edited April 2014
       I have tried to copy and paste this hand from last nights 20k super roller against ewoowoow00 hand #766848303 where i had 9 10 offsuit on big blind and ewoowoow00 decided to flat call with A A . This was a big mistake as the flop came 999 which made me quads and him the full house ,he bet minumum on turn and on river and thats where i pushed all in where he instantly called ,  never seen anything like it before haha