You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Weekend Feel-Good Thread. No chuntering permitted.

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat

Last weekend's "no chunter" thread was a bit of a fail, it was chunter city here last week, what with this & that.

Try again.....

Comments

• edited April 2014

Anyone watching the Masters Golf?

Who do you want to win, & why?

What is the best Golf Tourney in the world, the Masters, or The Open? Or neither?

Fave golfer, & why?

Best golf memory?

• edited April 2014

Anyone planning to watch, on TV or Live, the London Marathon this weekend, or even take part?

I think it is one of THE best things that ever happens in this country. 90% of the Runners do it for charity, & £illions are raised. It might look like fun, but jogging 26 miles in a daft costume can't ever be much fun.

The "Elite" race holds not a jot of interest to me, I like to see the regular folk, doing their charity stuff. Rarely can I watch it without shedding a tear or two, so much wholesome goodness in one event.

Even CTBN runs in it, here he is, next to Orford.

• edited April 2014
    Brunch, eggs bennedict (no one can slagg me for this as it's a chunter free zone :)
    Hack round the golf course in the afternoon.  Much beer in evening.

Sunday morning. A thrilling visit to Crich Tramway museum ( I like living on the edge)
    Liverpool v Man City.
    Sat into and then win roller

Am I allowed a small chunter about banned words?
  • edited April 2014
    Great feeling, first weekend where I haven't had a dissertation looming over my shoulder. It's right up your street too Tikay - Transport Planning in Historic Cities (although they probably werent quite historic yet back in your youth).

• edited April 2014
    I don't like golf.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: The Weekend Feel-Good Thread. No chuntering permitted.:
    Brunch, eggs bennedict (no one can slagg me for this as it's a chunter free zone :) Hack round the golf course in the afternoon.  Much beer in evening. Sunday morning. A thrilling visit to Crich Tramway museum ( I like living on the edge) Liverpool v Man City. Sat into and then win roller Am I allowed a small chunter about banned words?
    Posted by Jac35
    NO.

Crich Tramway Museum - excellent choice. Visit Crich Stand, too - you can supposedly see 7 Counties from Crich Stand.

I worked close to Crich for 20 odd years, in Heage, & I had a dalliance with a young lady from Crich, too.

• edited April 2014
    I don't like golf.
    Posted by Slipwater
    :)

Kick him out of Scotland Mr Salmond
  • edited April 2014
    I don't like golf.
    Posted by Slipwater

That is borderline chunter.

FIRST WARNING
  • edited April 2014
    Handed my notice in yesterday, which means a week of free time for pokerrrr yeaaaahh
  • edited April 2014
    Nice try Tikay
    a feel good thread
    Lovely idea

Got off to a pretty bad start though
    Golf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How can anyone feel good when peeps are talking about golf.
  • edited April 2014
    The rest of the family have gone to Butlins for the week. Result.
    Watch what I want on TV no soaps and no kids programmes just sport golf, marathon, football including FA cup semis (GL Blades) Poker and the odd science prog and film thrown in heaven.
    Eat drink and sleep (nap) when I want no interruptions what is not to like.
    No arguments no grand kids shouting and screaming in the background not having to listen to the many second hand mobile phone conversations, wife not pestering for odd jobs to be done ..just relaxing.
    I recommend it to anyone but it lasts ho so short a time and when they return I will look forward to paying for their summer break too lol.

Have a good weekend.

Ray
  • edited April 2014
    Weekend Feel-Good........?

I certainly hope so Tikay, especially with the nice weather looming.

My weekend starts Tonight where I will be splashing the cash around the MTT tables with Lappy on my right & supper on my Lap. I will be pigging out to the sound of chips goin in on the tables & chips on my plate.

Saturday I will be relaxing at a retirement home (No i'm not that old just yet) but they do have a lovely fishery situated on the grounds with some lovely peaceful scenery.

Sunday is "All You Can Eat" breakfast day - my wife always asks me if I want some more? to which I reply  "NO that's all I can eat" :) - Then it's off to the pub for my usual Sunday pint, dinner & late afternoon nap.

Can't wait. - I feel good already.
  • edited April 2014
    There's only one thing good about golf.

Caddyshack.
  • edited April 2014
    There's only one thing good about golf. Caddyshack.
    Posted by Slipwater

To be fair, golf canbe uite interesting to watch someimes, but yesterday was not one of them. I can't remember a duller day in recent Masterrs history
  • edited April 2014
    Got the weeman a massive trampoline for the back yard,so,many happy faces atm round our gaff watchin him pull all sorts of funky moves on his new "toy".Some well earned beers then its the footy on sunday.happy days.
  • edited April 2014

Golf is an excellent game and ideally suited to anyone who is too old or knackered to play real sports. Running doesn't really 'do it' for me. If God had meant us to run then he wouldn't have invented cars now would he?

I have had a well deserved week off work this week and aim to enjoy my weekend too. I have now recovered from my bad back and will be playing a bit of tennis, watching a bit of sport and generally chilling out. I may also play a bit of poker. A highlight would be if we could see the reappearance of Tikay at the Hilo tables for a couple of games.

• edited April 2014
    Oh and a favourite golfing memory was from about a zillion years ago. I was playing a round at the East Sussex National course, off the back tees, with my cousin who was, at the time, the head British pro there. On the stroke index one hole (hardest hole on the course) He bet me £5 that I couldn't par it. Well one of my best drives followed by a 3 wood to the edge of the green and two puts secured £5 off my cousin, something I never bore of reminding him about. I don't think I've played since as I am sure if I did he would win his fiver back! 
  • edited April 2014
    There's only one thing good about golf. Caddyshack.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Happy Gilmore?
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: The Weekend Feel-Good Thread. No chuntering permitted. : Happy Gilmore?
    Posted by Donttelmum
    And Tin Cup

Hardly astounding but not bad for Kevin Costner ;)
  • edited April 2014
    I don't like chuntering.
  • edited April 2014
    On the feel good weekend note-today is my birthday, My lovely wife and daughter took me out for breakfast,I got some lovely presents including gold plated playing cards for the home poker game we have,This afternoon my wife and I were working in the garden on a lovely sunny day putting up a fence for an elderly neighbor, We have just returned from dinner out and my wife says why don't you have a game on skypoker. What a lovely day.
  • edited April 2014
    Fish, chips, mushy peas and bread and butter for dinner. Brilliant!
    Ger told me about another poker site with some mouthy Russians on it who apparently rule the roost, so I registered there as Twigletface. We both cashed in a $10 DYM. I then cashed in a $5 DYM. Brilliant! 
    The eldest is home on leave (he's R.N. like his Ma and Pa were) and it's great to see him of course.
    I am happily munching twiglets and sipping some wine, whilst Mr. Mac and the three boys are drinking too much beer, talking nonsense about sport and women, generally being men. I love every single thing about them.
  • edited April 2014
    i do remember a golf torney in wales where it rained everyday,but it sure looked good fun, can not remember who won so if you no let me no ,love paige xxxx
  • edited April 2014
    Mr Tikay you could always chunter up to the seven valley railway, have you been would be nice to no if you have :):):)xxx
  • edited April 2014
    Mr Tikay you could always chunter up to the seven valley railway, have you been would be nice to no if you have :):):)xxx
    Posted by paige55
    He's there every year on the Santa Special :-)
  • edited April 2014
    Good afternoon everyone.
    The sun is shining, Brentford are on the verge of promotion, the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack already has one player registered. The wife is out with her sister all day, so poker all day long.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited April 2014
    Good morning everyone
    What a beautiful day, BRENTFORD are promoted, nice long weekend UKOPS IS HERE,  i came 6th in the UKOPS micro last night, already one person registered for the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK.
    And the sun is shining.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited April 2014
    Good luck getting runners today Rainman, sadly Saturday football with Boston United in town is the priority
  • edited April 2014
    Good luck getting runners today Rainman, sadly Saturday football with Boston United in town is the priority
    Posted by Matt237
    Good luck Boston