You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"WELCOME BACK" 1st tourney after a year away

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat
Been away from SKY for a year ..... what a lovely welcome back 1.10 omaha got to final 3 and the community cards didnt show on the table was in 2nd place so very frustrating, asked the others if they had problems in chat and they said they had rebooted because of severe lag. after a couple of hands i had to give in and close the table reboot sky and log back in by the time i got back in i had been blinded away and came third..... the biggest welcome back was yet to come ... logged in to live chat to inform customer servs... the guy from tech support told me that there was no problem and that nobody else had complained of this happening and that as  i cashed for 3rd place he didnt see what i was bothered about (told him to check chat log as the other players had had issues) he took no notice and tried to tell me my system was at fault......"WELCOME BACK"
  In all honesty, I do know my system, although i am no tech boffin and my system is clean i have the latest flash settings and firefox is ok.. I would have thought that a year on from the last time I played here these kind of issues would no longer exist.

Comments

• edited April 2014
    Im not sure if its any help but if you download sky poker as opposed to playing it on your browser it might help.

If you were using the download version then I cant help Im afraid but welcome back all the same.

Ger
  • edited April 2014
    This happens almost daily to myself and sometimes others at the same (PLO8) table.  Just two days ago, the same hand, three of us were dealt invisible cards.  Somewhat annoying when it's level 7 of a DYM. There's clearly and obviously, a problem.  
    Please sort it Sky.
    Pretty please.
  • edited April 2014
    Sky software is not flash based any more.

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: "WELCOME BACK" 1st tourney after a year away:
    Im not sure if its any help but if you download sky poker as opposed to playing it on your browser it might help. If you were using the download version then I cant help Im afraid but welcome back all the same. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    well the download dosent even work for me, i get gateway errors constant and have to close it down, i have no choice but to play via the browser.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to "WELCOME BACK" 1st tourney after a year away:
    Been away from SKY for a year ..... what a lovely welcome back 1.10 omaha got to final 3 and the community cards didnt show on the table was in 2nd place so very frustrating, asked the others if they had problems in chat and they said they had rebooted because of severe lag. after a couple of hands i had to give in and close the table reboot sky and log back in by the time i got back in i had been blinded away and came third..... the biggest welcome back was yet to come ... logged in to live chat to inform customer servs... the guy from tech support told me that there was no problem and that nobody else had complained of this happening and that as  i cashed for 3rd place he didnt see what i was bothered about (told him to check chat log as the other players had had issues) he took no notice and tried to tell me my system was at fault......"WELCOME BACK"   In all honesty, I do know my system, although i am no tech boffin and my system is clean i have the latest flash settings and firefox is ok.. I would have thought that a year on from the last time I played here these kind of issues would no longer exist.
    Posted by TiaDalma
    Hi Tia.
    Through experience I have found live chat useless and would reccomend sending an email explaining your problems.
    Who ever reads the emails seems to have some understanding of poker whereas live chat has none and can send you on massive tilt through chatting nonsense.

• edited April 2014
    Im not sure if its any help but if you download sky poker as opposed to playing it on your browser it might help. If you were using the download version then I cant help Im afraid but welcome back all the same. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    I play on my browser and never have any problems - seems the opposite is true for those that play on the download version.

Also, from what has been said here seems like they need to fire some of the current chat support people they have working for them! If they don't know what they're doing then that's one thing but to just dismiss someone away whilst being rude is just plain wrong.
  • edited April 2014
    This happens almost daily to myself and sometimes others at the same (PLO8) table.  Just two days ago, the same hand, three of us were dealt invisible cards.  Somewhat annoying when it's level 7 of a DYM. There's clearly and obviously, a problem.   Please sort it Sky. Pretty please.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    i dont see the problem... snap shove imo :)
  • edited April 2014
    I had this problem playing in the new tables, this is why I play the old tables still.

No problems with them.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: "WELCOME BACK" 1st tourney after a year away : well the download dosent even work for me, i get gateway errors constant and have to close it down, i have no choice but to play via the browser.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    I'm glad you posted. I get gateway problems constantly. CS said it was only me, and my system. I should clear my cookies and browsing histories and the problem would go away. I did and they didn't.

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: "WELCOME BACK" 1st tourney after a year away : well the download dosent even work for me, i get gateway errors constant and have to close it down, i have no choice but to play via the browser.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Has there been any detailed description of what causes the software to display this "gateway error"? It must be an easy thing to answer. An explanation may help solve the issue.

• edited April 2014
    Just happened to me for the 1st time playing through Firefox.
    Players at the table said they didn't have any cards either.

Just checked through my hand history and cannot find it !

Weird
  • edited April 2014
    Just happened to me for the 1st time playing through Firefox. Players at the table said they didn't have any cards either. Just checked through my hand history and cannot find it ! Weird
    Posted by VespaPX
    I think, it was hand 767056345, of session 3963834418 on 2014-04-14 19:54:50.
    The hand may be wrong, but it's defo that game.

But of course we must have imagined it, as there isn't a problem!
  • edited April 2014
    Happened again last night
    Hand ID 767700964
    Another player also confirmed that they coudn't see thier cards in this hand.
  • edited April 2014
    I ve had it happen again - didn't bother to report it after the less than sympathetic conversation last time.  It may suit Anette Obrestad playing a tourney without seeing her cards but not me :}
  • edited April 2014
    I've had this a few times but luckily never caused a major problem. The few times I have had problems Customer Support have been pretty good, but I think the rules are that if you cash for more than your buy in then they don't consider that you have 'lost out'.

The same as some others, I also now play via the browser rather than download as I couldn't even get the download to, well, download.
  • edited April 2014
    I never use the download version any more, its pants!!! I mostly have only the two tables running at once and very rarely have a problem with the google chrome version.
  • edited April 2014
    Hand 768 247 504
    Four at PLO8 table had no cards dealt
  • edited April 2014
    This has happened to me on numerous occations now, only started when the new tables came in to force. Took a screen shot on latest time, but not sure how to attach it?
  • edited April 2014
    This has happened to me on numerous occations now, only started when the new tables came in to force. Took a screen shot on latest time, but not sure how to attach it?
    Posted by DEL560
    Put it into paint and use save as and attach to e-mail.