You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

***** TV HAND REQUESTS - 17TH APRIL *****

edited April 2014 in The Poker Clinic
Hi Everyone,

The Poker Clinic is returning to Sky Poker TV on Thursday night at 9pm..... If you've got a hand that you'd like to be analysed on TV, please post it on this thread!

We can only show hands from cash tables or tournaments that have a TV icon next to them

All we need is the hand ID and a bit of information about where the hand is from, some background information, and your specific questions for our poker experts!

If you can do that for us, we'll do our best to get your hand shown on Channel 861.

All the best

Louis

Comments

• edited April 2014
    We still need some hands for the clinic tomorrow if you've got one you want showing!
  • edited April 2014
    Here's a hand from Mastercash 9

Hand History #767569482 (12:34 16/04/2014)

Mastercash table so 200xBB effective.

Villian is a good laggy reg and will be opening and peeling my 3bet pre fairly wide. We flop the world, and even better turn a FD.

Think flatting flop is standard/best.

Do we lead turn or give him the room to double barrel?

River sizing?
  • edited April 2014
    Another one from Mastercash 9.

What do you think about my check on the turn? At the time I thought the villain was a pretty solid reg and he'll be aware that I'm fairly solid so he's gonna give me respect when I 3bet an UTG open from the blinds which means his peeling range is probably fairly strong/narrow.

I should definitely have bet the flop bigger but that aside what do you think of the turn? I was pretty sure I wouldn't get 3 streets of value from hands like JJ/QQ but if I check then he'll definitely bet them for at least 1 street if not both. Checking also protects my checking range here.

Do you think the line is ok, or should we bet turn and check/call river?

Hand History #767559888 (11:34 16/04/2014

• edited April 2014

Hand History #766825695 master cash table 4

although this player is on a lot of tables and will be mostly playing ABC, his play against me is more varied as we play each other alot, so if the table has been folded round to spots where we could be heads up his 3bet does include hands such as 1010 JJ and AQs.

when i'm OOP are suited connectors and small pocket pairs better to play than hands like AQ KQ if i'm not wanting to make a 4bet preflop and don't consider KQ or AJ in his range?
    when he did a 3bet i did think he might be holding JJ or 1010 but what was not in his range was KQ or QJ so the only hand i still considered not ahead of me was AK but on the river i didn't even believe AK would shove.
  • edited April 2014
    tonights main event

Hand History #768025872

as they say you can't win an MTT early but you can loose one so when i'm getting hands like QQ JJ and AK i feel disappointed at times because the number of beginners playing loose makes me hate the board not coming as i want it.

here i 3bet preflop and the minute i see the flop come as it did i regret my decision right away
    Q. should i just make the call with these hands and keep my hand limited to AA and KK