You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tuesday Night LIVE with Rich and Ross on SKY POKER TV! ***Show message thread*** +Last Longer Compet

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat
In Response to Tuesday Night LIVE with Rich and Ross on SKY POKER TV! ***Show message thread***:
Ross 'I love to watch men in lycra suits grapple each other' Jarvis. Posted by RICHORFORD
Hmm, Rich, Are we trying to suggest that you have your suspicions about Ross?

Non poker related, a number of years ago, I had been going through a stressful time in my life and was feeling very down and in need of a really big hug and somebody to talk to. 

I had turned up to a local village church for bell ringing. I was waiting outside the church for the keyholder and the rest of the group to arrive, when from Inside appeared the local priestess (Whom I knew quite well) She could tell I wasn't myself, and I did indeed open up to her about what had caused my negative feeling. I got not only somebody to talk to, but the hug I needed. talk about freaky co-incidence or what? When one is semi-religious, it makes you wonder about greater forces doesn't it!?

Comments

• edited April 2014

Hi all,

You've got yourself another live show on Sky Poker TV this Tuesday night 7pm to midnight!

With you all the way will be myself, Richard 'I taught everything Scotty77 knows' Orford and my wingman Ross 'I love to watch men in lycra suits grapple each other' Jarvis.

And the schedule looks like this-

7pm- Full coverage of Ryan 'Jackpot Luckbox' Spittles second consecutive TV main event MTT win...with final table coverage of Sunday's MegaRoller.

8pm- Live action from the start of the £5K Turbo Open main event.

9pm– Sky Poker Strategy – The topic to be announced shortly.

10pm - Live Master Cash action

11pm-  Live action and probably a winner from the late stages of the £5K Turbo Open

Fire in all your usual banter/questions/hand requests into us either on this thread, via email skyopen@bskyb.com or via Twitter #skypoker

And don't forget the Last Longer competition! Playing in the main event? Tell us on this thread that you want in on the last longer and the player that goes deepest out of those who enter will win free entry into Thursday's Sky Sports Bounty Hunter!

So, the news this week on Sky Poker has been Scotty77's incredible heater. The main and mini in the same night winning the Sky Poker jackpot, a final table in the £55 BH the same night, and then he follows it all up by winning the big Sunday main event! Ridiculous.

Now, not that I'm jealous or anything. And not that I'm trying to take away from Ryan's acheivement in any way whatsoever. But this week- I'd like to hear your...

LUCKBOX STORIES!

Whether it be in poker or outside the game, let's hear your incredible coincidences, crazy outdraws and general flukes. Tell us all about the time you got real lucky.

I might a couple of Turbo Tuesday seats to give away to the best answers too. If you're lucky. Geddit?

Look forward to your answers and see you Tuesday night at 7!

• edited April 2014
    Nice to see the dream team back in action, Evening Gents. :-)

My Luckbox stories:

Poker wise to name a few:
    1) My luckiest outdraw has to be rivering a 2 outer for a straight flush to stack someone in cash who had turned the nut full house. Was very disappointed it wasn't the Ace for a royal however ;-)
    2) I have also won a 6 way all in hand in a mini recently with 99. Against JJ AJ K4 K10 and 22 
    3) In a DTD last month i flopped a set of 2s on a 2 - 3 - 6 rainbow board, and i misclicked fold to a 3bet jam from my opponent and he showed a set of 3s! 

Some co-incidences i've had in life was meeting the England team at Birmingham airport before their flight out to Montenegro for a WCQ before going on holiday myself, and banging heads with Paul Scholes at Salfords Tesco whilst buying lunch before a football game. Thankfully it was his fault, so a sympathetic handshake was in order. As a big Man United fan this was a very nice day and lucky occurence!

Thinking back on my poker luckbox stories, it really puts the game in perspective that when you are on a horrible run in the short term, You also inflict these beats on others. Lesson to be learnt to those that post on the forum complaining about being card dead and all that!

Look forward to the show. Last Longer Please

Have a hand request from MasterCash 22 if it's ok    #767179979
    Only really started getting into cash about 2 weeks ago. Want some advice on the river play (happy with the rest), Should i be sticking to the same line as played and allow a river bluff or is it possible to be called by worse here, knowing that the big flop draw missed which i could represent? Looking back if i was to take this route should i have gone bigger? I didn't really want to allow a check behind
  • edited April 2014
    Hand request

I know im likely calling to share the pot here....should I always just let it go on the river?
  • edited April 2014
    Can Ryan Spittles just make an appearance for the strategy section at 9pm! Actually I think he should take over that part of the programme! Well done Ryan.
  • edited April 2014
    In for the last longer please!
    Looking forward to the show!
  • edited April 2014
    hey guys 

have a great show i wont be watching tonight
    as i will be at my nans wake so dont take life 
    for granted guys enjoy the time with your family
    and friends 

and well done on the win on sunday ry 

luckbox stories 

poker related 

well a few weeks back i got into the 5k turbo for 2:40
    and i cashed for 24 pound not bad really 

non poker

ross will like this on 

jan 2014 i went to watch Tna live in manchester and why i was there 
    i met bully ray and also seen sting but he was on the phone so left him alone 

and last year i went to watch raw live i met cm punk john cena and got a kiss
    on the cheek of kaitlyn 
  • edited April 2014
    In for the last longer.

I'm the guy you tweeted the blog of Ross, cheers again.

Will get some questions/hand histories etc in later.
  • edited April 2014
    In for the Last Longerererer plz
  • edited April 2014

last longer please

• edited April 2014
    Last longer please!

Have a good show!!
  • edited April 2014
    Keep it coming guys!

We're on air in a couple of hours time!
  • edited April 2014
    Hi Rich, have fun tonight...! as I've posted in your other thread----

Hi Rich,
    Still going good in my challenge :D now at £303.05 and 1422PP. Have met my challenge 12 of 14 days too :)
    As I said before, I can rarely play evenings because of work so please give my free seat to someone else, unless you can credit me a tournament token :) as I don't want it to go to waste!
    Good luck at the tables!
    Ducky
  • edited April 2014
    Last longer please and I always I expect a great show from the Rich/Ross team.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night LIVE with Rich and Ross on SKY POKER TV! ***Show message thread*** +Last Longer Competition:
    Hi Rich, have fun tonight...! as I've posted in your other thread---- Hi Rich, Still going good in my challenge :D now at £303.05 and 1422PP. Have met my challenge 12 of 14 days too :) As I said before, I can rarely play evenings because of work so please give my free seat to someone else, unless you can credit me a tournament token :) as I don't want it to go to waste! Good luck at the tables! Ducky
    Posted by mrsduck
    Hi Mrs Duck!

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you on this. I've fired across an email to the guys who deal with kind of thing and asked for you to be removed from the game and ideally put in something equivalent on Satyurday night, which you said you'd be a round to play, or credit you somehow.

I have no idea if my email will be read in time or if they'll be able to offer an alternative, but I've given it a go. Thanks for flagging this up though. Shame you can't play tonight. Hope you understand if they can't put you in anything else.

I'll let you know on the bankroll thread if they do. :-)
  • edited April 2014
    lastlonger please
  • edited April 2014
    lastlonger please
  • edited April 2014

Last longer please - Have a great show

• edited April 2014
    Hey again, that post was for last saturday, I'm away this weekend! :P
    I'll understand whatever happens.. obviously a tounament token would be fab as I can't play the majority of evenings..
    Would prefer it go to someone else over being lost altogether though!
    What do you think of my profit so far? :D

Thanks for the reply!
  • edited April 2014
    Oh I've just been credited £11! Thankssssss! :)
    Have a good show!
  • edited April 2014
    Last longer please 

have a great show 
  • edited April 2014
    Last longer please. 
  • edited April 2014
    Last longer please
  • edited April 2014
    Last longer please.
  • edited April 2014
    Last longer please.

Only had one luckbox moment and that was binking the open on pkr. $20 into $1600 was nice but at 2 am when we were heads up when my battery went on my laptop and the charger wouldnt work. Prize difference was $ 400. After about 10 mins of waggling the cable frantically i found the opponent had been folding while i was disconnected to play fair, fantastic gesture. I then luckboxed 3 hands in a row by rivering twice to take it down. I actually felt a little sorry for my opponent in the end but kudos for their great sportsmanship and my lucky bink:)
  • edited April 2014
    last longer please guys

• edited April 2014

hi guys hope you have a great show, i'm in for the last longer
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night LIVE with Rich and Ross on SKY POKER TV! ***Show message thread*** +Last Longer Competition:
    Oh I've just been credited £11! Thankssssss! :) Have a good show!
    Posted by mrsduck
    No probs! :-)
  • edited April 2014
    last longer plz
  • edited April 2014
    Lastlonger please

Best Luckbox story ever,

I got pocket 7s in pre flop versus kings in a Sit and Go, the flop was King x x

Then

The Turn was a 7, the dream was alive

Yep, River was another 7!!!!!!! Quadaroonies, runner runner quadaroonies:D

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
  • edited April 2014
    Last longer please :)