You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

breaks in sats

edited July 2014 in Poker Chat
does anyone else find it annoying that (non semi) sats dont have breaks at 55 past the hour like all other tournies?

I started playing at about 5 yesterday and didnt get a single break until 9.

with SNGs you can at least just start them in the first 10-15 mins of the hour and chances are they will be finished by 5 too, but if a sat starts at 7:40 say, you either have the choice of not playing, or not having a break.

sort it out sky!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Comments

• edited April 2014
    yeah seems sensible to add the breaks in.  if its a time issue just take the first level out of the struture.
  • edited April 2014
    ok, so after the overwhelming show of support for breaks in sats (thanks Ryan!) i decided to contact customer care and ask why there is no breaks in sats, and pretty please could they add them... this was their (repeated by 2 different CC ppl!) response...

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your email.

At the moment, as explained by the previous advisor, the reason there aren't any breaks is so that we can run the tournament as quickly as possible. Due to the amount of tournaments that run, there does need to be a limit on time as it would not be possible to have numerous tournaments over running.

This may cause problems with too many users on site at the same time causing too much traffic and therefore crashing the site or the tables.

The best way to reduce the times of these is to not include breaks. We have passed on your comments and if any changes are going to be made we will make you are of these.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

--------

so in short, there can't be breaks in sats because it would overload the servers...can this realy be serious?! maybe i'm missing something

• edited April 2014
    I posted a thread similar to this regarding the Roller sat on Sunday. It told us in the lobby it was about to enter a break - it didn't. Seems odd

Edit - This was actually a Roller Semi aswell.
  • edited April 2014
    Chickn, sat breaks have been requested for ages by many different players, hence the lack of a response here (it's grown a tiresome issue repeating the obvious again and again that breaks should be included) -

I agree there's no way they can be serious that time is the main issue. It's 5 mins every hour which means a maximum of 20 mins if the tournament lasts over 4 hours. Just start the tournament earlier, or alter the structure slightly. All these would be better ways to reduce the time of the tournament. Or at least have a break after every 2 hours. 
  • edited April 2014
    ah ok, cheers for the info Ivan. appologies for recyling an issue that has already been discussed.

just seems completely rediculous to me. 

with the UKPC sats being introduced next week it going to be even more of a pain.

I emailed CC again asking for them to consider shortening levels or taking a level out such that breaks could be introduced for the longer sats (like the 10 min per blind level ones)
  • edited April 2014

Melty (& others),

As I said earlier this week, I have asked Suit City to clarify this "Sync Break" thing in Satellites etc.

They have today replied to me, at length, as to exactly what is done, & more importantly, why.

It's quite detailed, more than most might imagine, & I've got my hands full today, but I'll Post about it, at length (lol, you know me) tomorrow morning.

Bear with me until then, please.

Tune in, for the next instalment, same time, same place, tomorrow. (Archers signature tune follows, da de da de da de da, da de da de da daaaaaa).
  • edited April 2014
    I think some of the "powers that be" don't realise that people playing the satallites will also be playing "normal" MTTs as well. If there aren't the breaks in the satallites, it kind of makes it pointless for those players to have the regular breaks in the regular MTTs as well.
  • edited April 2014
    Thanks TK - SKY are lucky to have you. Its soo useful having a link between the business and the players.

I'm sure you arent paid for doing all this. It is much appreciated.

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: breaks in sats:
    I think some of the "powers that be" don't realise that people playing the satallites will also be playing "normal" MTTs as well. If there aren't the breaks in the satallites, it kind of makes it pointless for those players to have the regular breaks in the regular MTTs as well.
    Posted by FCHD
    exactly

at least it is easier to make some toast with 2 sats running rather than all 10 tables or whatever
  • edited April 2014
    ok, so after the overwhelming show of support for breaks in sats (thanks Ryan!) i decided to contact customer care and ask why there is no breaks in sats, and pretty please could they add them... this was their (repeated by 2 different CC ppl!) response... Hi Andy,   Thanks for your email.   At the moment, as explained by the previous advisor, the reason there aren't any breaks is so that we can run the tournament as quickly as possible. Due to the amount of tournaments that run, there does need to be a limit on time as it would not be possible to have numerous tournaments over running.   This may cause problems with too many users on site at the same time causing too much traffic and therefore crashing the site or the tables.   The best way to reduce the times of these is to not include breaks. We have passed on your comments and if any changes are going to be made we will make you are of these.   If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us. -------- so in short, there can't be breaks in sats because it would overload the servers... can this realy be serious?!  maybe i'm missing something
    Posted by chicknMelt
    BIB Sky finally admitting that their software is not up to the job? To be honest I find this an extraordinary statement from a company that is trying to enlarge it's player base.

Edited to say: Sorry chicknmelt missed reading your last bit but we seem to agree
  • edited April 2014
    Obv all the regs want breaks.

Since the main aim of the site is/should be to attract new players, breaks in these little sats would be pretty bad.
    Players come on and try to win a seat to the main, they play a sat starting at 5.45 and 10 minutes in there's a break ?  How annoying. They browse internet and lose interest in poker.  Abit dramatic but this kind of thing happens.   They don't see it as ,' ooo people who play for a living will be playing 10 tables, they see it as, 10 minutes in and they think i need a 5 minute break !  this is shittt. '  tilts chips away, quits poker. 
  • edited April 2014

Hi all,

I've started a new thread to try to explain the logic behind Sync Breaks, HERE

Please feel free to offer constructive feedback & comment as you see fit on there please, so we can keep it all in one place, & maybe iron out the little glitches.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: breaks in sats : BIB Sky finally admitting that their software is not up to the job? To be honest I find this an extraordinary statement from a company that is trying to enlarge it's player base. Edited to say: Sorry chicknmelt missed reading your last bit but we seem to agree
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Hi Daggy.

There are some things I just can't explain, or understand, & this is one of them.

It counts as an own-goal, can't argue, & no doubt many wil seize on it.

It was not correct, though, & CC have been sent a fresh brief this morning to avoid such misunderstandings in future.

I'm one of those who thinks CC have THE most difficult job in poker, & they are not permitted to defend themselves. They are part of "The Team", too, so I'm hardly going to villify them in public. I just think the guy, or lady, had a bad day. It happens. 

Sky Poker software falls over sometimes, not often, but once is too many. But "volume" & "traffic levels" are never the cause these days, that is all in the past. Other glitches, now & then, inevitably I'm afraid, will happen. 

Deffo an OG though, & can't argue. 

0-1.

• edited July 2014
    Why is there still no breaks in the ukpc sats? very annoying