You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

All in freerolls?

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat

Would be a cracking idea if sky introduced these with prizes being entries into MTT's:)

It would be something 2 spend pokerpoints on, that other wise just accumulate and you can't do much with outside of the regular freerolls.

This would be an awesome idea for sky!

Comments

• edited April 2014
    not a bad idea that larson, i dont think i can remember a time though when a forum reg made a good suggestion on here and sky read it and acted upon it.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: All in freerolls?:
    not a bad idea that larson, i dont think i can remember a time though when a forum reg made a good suggestion on here and sky read it and acted upon it.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    "In the well" with Scotty77 :)
  • edited April 2014
    Posted by THEROCK573
    That is not only unfair, it is wrong.

I really don't understand all this negativity, here & elsewhere, & whilst it's everyone's right to be negative, or dislike Sky Poker, let's at least stick to the truth, please.

I can name at least three instances in the last 2 weeks alone where a comment or suggestion has been made here, & it has been implemented.

In addition, I send EVERY thread which contains worthwhile or sensible suggestions up to Head Office.

So they DO read every suggestion. They don't ACT on every suggestion, no, & with good reason. Not all suggestions are "good". 

• edited April 2014
    In Response to All in freerolls?:
    Would be a cracking idea if sky introduced these with prizes being entries into MTT's:) It would be something 2 spend pokerpoints on, that other wise just accumulate and you can't do much with outside of the regular freerolls. This would be an awesome idea for sky!
    Posted by LARSON7
    hmmm - let me think - 
    this is great for us because it will enable us to turn all our points into oodles of hard cash - tick
    ipso facto this is bad for sky as they are giving us cash
    so no, i don't think this will be acted upon, even without rockies sceptical hat on
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to All in freerolls? : hmmm - let me think -  this is great for us because it will enable us to turn all our points into oodles of hard cash - tick ipso facto this is bad for sky as they are giving us cash so no, i don't think this will be acted upon, even without rockies sceptical hat on
    Posted by GELDY
    Maybe not, but the point is, I DID send the thread upstairs, & so they will see it.

They see ALL these suggestions. I sent 4 threads up to Head Office this morning, which is about average.

Thry don't act on many of them, for all sorts of reasons.

A thread was started yesterday complaining about rake & Reg Fees at lower levels, & lots of people, with good intention, made suggestions. But none of them know the Business view on why it is done, & I doubt many have ever worked for an Online Poker Site, & therefore understand the dynamics of the Business. The thread was fine, perfectly so, but just because no action is taken, does not mean the Business does not listen, &, when applicable, act accordingly.

I hope my reply to Mr Rock did not come across overly aggressive. I do incline to be a tad grumpy first thing in the morning. Normally I just ignore such jibes, but on occasion, they catch me wrong. I just don't think people should make such sweeping statements, when they are clearly untrue.

For all the negatives about Sky Poker - & there are more than enough! - "not listening to Customer Feedback" is not one of them. I doubt ANY Online Poker Room listens more.

There are very few "attached" Poker Forums these days, & we might consider why that is....    

• edited April 2014
    rocky does tend to exaggerate and often very amusingly so
    but i think a little rap across the knuckles was well justified here
  • edited April 2014

Ha, I like the guy, I really do, I was not intending to have a pop at him.

I just think we should play fair, thats all.

• edited April 2014

They see ALL these suggestions. I sent 4 threads up to Head Office this morning, which is about average. 

Afternoon Tikay.....Does this include the threads/posts in 'feedback & Suggestion' bit of the forum  or do you just peruse the General Poker Chat?. If the latter, does this section actually get looked at regularly ?

TYIA
  • edited April 2014
    They see ALL these suggestions. I sent 4 threads up to Head Office this morning, which is about average.  Afternoon Tikay.....Does this include the threads/posts in 'feedback & Suggestion' bit of the forum  or do you just peruse the General Poker Chat?. If the latter, does this section actually get looked at regularly ? TYIA
    Posted by MAXALLY
    No, Alan, sorry, I almost never look in there. I have no idea if the Office do, to be honest.

I'll do so from now on, though.

Thanks for the nudgey-wudgey.

• edited April 2014
    I suggested all-in satellites in a 'design a tournament' forum competition here (didn't win one of the prizes).

A few week later they were trialed, look at them now.

The nightly Mini (Maxally) and monthly Super Roller (del560 iirc, it now runs weekly) were both ideas proposed by forum members too.
  • edited April 2014
    Hi Tikay,

You do a fantastic job for Sky in representing and promoting the site.

The rock's viewpoint is echoed amongst a lot of people I would say. There are numerous posts made (with feedback/ sugestions) and there is no response on them from Sky in the said posts.

A good example of this is the rake on micro games. It seems like Sky ignore such threads. That's not to say that all of a sudden they should lower the rake for 4nl 10nl tables, but a comment on the thread would certainly be worthwhile from Sky. One of the best suggestions on the rake on micro games thread, was to do with mico sit and go's, where the rake makes it almost impossible to beat the games (being 15/20%). There are many examples like this.

There is no doubting you are a great ambassador for the site Tikay, and do as much as possible to represent the views of people on the forum, and pass it up the line to the senior managment. 

A great example of a change that was made was breaks in satelites, which was bourne out of a suggestion on the forum. 

The rock's post was aimed at a general silence from Sky on many requests / posts on the forums. It apppears anything that will not be implemented or agreed with is generally ignored, in as much as there is no comment made from Sky on the said post.

• edited April 2014
    Hi Tikay, You do a fantastic job for Sky in representing and promoting the site. The rock's viewpoint is echoed amongst a lot of people I would say. There are numerous posts made (with feedback/ sugestions) and there is no response on them from Sky in the said posts. A good example of this is the rake on micro games. It seems like Sky ignore such threads. That's not to say that all of a sudden they should lower the rake for 4nl 10nl tables, but a comment on the thread would certainly be worthwhile from Sky. One of the best suggestions on the rake on micro games thread, was to do with mico sit and go's, where the rake makes it almost impossible to beat the games (being 15/20%). There are many examples like this. There is no doubting you are a great ambassador for the site Tikay, and do as much as possible to represent the views of people on the forum, and pass it up the line to the senior managment.  A great example of a change that was made was breaks in satelites, which was bourne out of a suggestion on the forum.  The rock's post was aimed at a general silence from Sky on many requests / posts on the forums. It apppears anything that will not be implemented or agreed with is generally ignored, in as much as there is no comment made from Sky on the said post.
    Posted by LARSON7

That's generally, fair comment Mr L, though Lord RockyRock-Rock WAS wrong, no matter how many folks "echo it". A million people can think it, but that does not make it right.

In fairness, they'd need to employ someone full time just to answer every question/suggestion. We have, however, established by the thread replies that they DO listen, & act, where they see fit.

How would they answer the "micro-rake" question, anyway?

I can tell you they DID see it, but how could they reply?

"No, it's been considered, but it's part of a wider business model" would not go down well, I suggest. And let's be right, EVERYONE would like to buy Product at a cheaper price. And EVERY Business tries to sell Product at the best price the Market can stand. That's a given, surely? Do those suggesting lower Rake & Reg Fees actually understand how an Online Gaming Business functions? I doubt it, with due respect.

There are other matters which I agree with you on, news about SPT's & Vegas, for example, but it's not my Business, if I were as bright as the guys who run the place, they'd be sitting in my chair, & I'd be running the place. And you'd not want that, now would you? ;)

Anyway, it's good to talk, & exchange views.

I'll probably be in hot water upstairs now, too........  
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: All in freerolls? : That's generally, fair comment Mr L, though Lord RockyRock-Rock WAS wrong, no matter how many folks "echo it". A million people can think it, but that does not make it right.   In fairness, they'd need to employ someone full time just to answer every question/suggestion. We have, however, established by the thread replies that they DO listen, & act, where they see fit.   How would they answer the "micro-rake" question, anyway? I can tell you they DID see it, but how could they reply? " No, it's been considered, but it's part of a wider business model" would not go down well, I suggest. And let's be right, EVERYONE would like to buy Product at a cheaper price. And EVERY Business tries to sell Product at the best price the Market can stand. That's a given, surely? Do those suggesting lower Rake & Reg Fees actually understand how an Online Gaming Business functions? I doubt it, with due respect.   There are other matters which I agree with you on, news about SPT's & Vegas, for example, but it's not my Business, if I were as bright as the guys who run the place, they'd be sitting in my chair, & I'd be running the place. And you'd not want that, now would you? ;) Anyway, it's good to talk, & exchange views. I'll probably be in hot water upstairs now, too........  
    Posted by Tikay10

I am not trying to be a smart **** here or anything but with reference to In fairness, they'd need to employ someone full time just to answer every question/suggestion , you then go on to say    They see ALL these suggestions. I sent 4 threads up to Head Office this morning, which is about average . I hardly think to look at 4 threads a day on average requires employing someone on a full time basis , more a case of gee-ing someone up who is already employed .
    My view anyway and prepared for some backlash . 
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: All in freerolls? :   I am not trying to be a smart **** here or anything but with reference to In fairness, they'd need to employ someone full time just to answer every question/suggestion , you then go on to say    They see ALL these suggestions. I sent 4 threads up to Head Office this morning, which is about average . I hardly think to look at 4 threads a day on average requires employing someone on a full time basis , more a case of gee-ing someone up who is already employed . My view anyway and prepared for some backlash
    Posted by GEO68
    Hi Geo,

No "backlash", we are grown-ups, we ought to be able to debate stuff.

There are threads elsewhere, not just General Chat, they see them all I imagine. I just like to send threads up when I see them, I'm a bit obsessive about these things.

And it's not "one reply per thread", far from it, it becomes a full scale debate. Note how many replies I've made on this one alone, in half a day. (SIX, & counting). I rather wished I had not replied to Lord Rocky-Rock-Rock now, 1-0 him, sigh. But a perfect demonstration as to why it would become a full-time job. Better that the guys up there get on with developing the Site, & Promotions.

"No, we don't plan to reduce Reg Fees & Rake at present" would generate an endless debate, & someone would need to be fielding them all day every day.

It's a volume business, remember, a LOT of Uniques play here every day. Try writing to Tesco & complaining about the price of a sliced egg, or a pound of bread, in a volume business, it's just not possible to reply to every question individually. Personally, I would prefer they did reply to more, but as I said before, I'm not as clever as they are, or we could swap jobs.

Every meaningful comment IS seen. It's unrealistic for them to reply to every one. I'd like that they replied to more, yes, but I can't really say more than that.

It's certainly not my remit, or appropriate to my position, to "gee up" anyone, either. Everyone has defined responsibilities & job briefs, & as far as I know, none of them include "answering Community questions", apart, I suppose, from me, & I don't have any power, none at all, except to ensure they are aware.

The Community is not primarily designed to be a sort of de facto Customer Care, but it inevitably acts as a medium for Customer complaints, no matter how many times it is stated "use Customer Care please". 

As I stated earlier, have you ever wondered why most Online Poker Sites have closed their Forums? Genuine, non-sarcy, question.  

PS - Well done on backing Blixt @ 90/1, hope you were on EW. I was on Spiethy @ 66/1, groan, but luckily, I had Bubba (Win only) too. And a few others, lol.   

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: All in freerolls? : That's generally, fair comment Mr L, though Lord RockyRock-Rock WAS wrong, no matter how many folks "echo it". A million people can think it, but that does not make it right.   In fairness, they'd need to employ someone full time just to answer every question/suggestion. We have, however, established by the thread replies that they DO listen, & act, where they see fit.   How would they answer the "micro-rake" question, anyway? I can tell you they DID see it, but how could they reply? " No, it's been considered, but it's part of a wider business model" would not go down well, I suggest. And let's be right, EVERYONE would like to buy Product at a cheaper price. And EVERY Business tries to sell Product at the best price the Market can stand. That's a given, surely? Do those suggesting lower Rake & Reg Fees actually understand how an Online Gaming Business functions? I doubt it, with due respect.   There are other matters which I agree with you on, news about SPT's & Vegas, for example, but it's not my Business, if I were as bright as the guys who run the place, they'd be sitting in my chair, & I'd be running the place. And you'd not want that, now would you? ;) Anyway, it's good to talk, & exchange views. I'll probably be in hot water upstairs now, too........  
    Posted by Tikay10
    It is good to talk and exchange views :)

Always good to read your posts, it must be hard responding sometimes given you are the public face of Sky.

Kudos to you for never ducking difficult situations and contributing a lot more than would be reasonable expected.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to All in freerolls? : hmmm - let me think -  this is great for us because it will enable us to turn all our points into oodles of hard cash - tick ipso facto this is bad for sky as they are giving us cash so no, i don't think this will be acted upon, even without rockies sceptical hat on
    Posted by GELDY
    It's unlikely true!

But certainly worthy of a suggestion.

Other sites run these types of games - all in freerolls for cash/ prizes.

As is, we all have 1000s of poker points that can't really be used.

Sky did run a freeroll for the SPT Newcastle 500 or 1k points to enter, but that's been about it.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: All in freerolls? : Hi Geo, No "backlash", we are grown-ups, we ought to be able to debate stuff. There are threads elsewhere, not just General Chat, they see them all I imagine. I just like to send threads up when I see them, I'm a bit obsessive about these things.   And it's not " one reply per thread ", far from it, it becomes a full scale debate. Note how many replies I've made on this one alone, in half a day. (SIX, & counting). I rather wished I had not replied to Lord Rocky-Rock-Rock now, 1-0 him, sigh. But a perfect demonstration as to why it would become a full-time job. Better that the guys up there get on with developing the Site, & Promotions.   " No, we don't plan to reduce Reg Fees & Rake at present " would generate an endless debate, & someone would need to be fielding them all day every day. It's a volume business, remember, a LOT of Uniques play here every day. Try writing to Tesco & complaining about the price of a sliced egg, or a pound of bread, in a volume business, it's just not possible to reply to every question individually. Personally, I would prefer they did reply to more, but as I said before, I'm not as clever as they are, or we could swap jobs.   Every meaningful comment IS seen. It's unrealistic for them to reply to every one. I'd like that they replied to more, yes, but I can't really say more than that. It's certainly not my remit, or appropriate to my position, to "gee up" anyone, either. Everyone has defined responsibilities & job briefs, & as far as I know, none of them include "answering Community questions", apart, I suppose, from me, & I don't have any power, none at all, except to ensure they are aware.   The Community is not primarily designed to be a sort of de facto Customer Care, but it inevitably acts as a medium for Customer complaints, no matter how many times it is stated "use Customer Care please".  As I stated earlier, have you ever wondered why most Online Poker Sites have closed their Forums? Genuine, non-sarcy, question.     PS - Well done on backing Blixt @ 90/1, hope you were on EW. I was on Spiethy @ 66/1, groan, but luckily, I had Bubba (Win only) too. And a few others, lol.      
    Posted by Tikay10
    i
    Tikay .
    Fair comments I see where you are coming from and nice to see you take the time to reply.
    PS yes Blixt and. Jimenez both e/w .
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: All in freerolls? : hi Tikay . Fair comments I see where you are coming from and nice to see you take the time to reply. PS yes Blixt and. Jimenez both e/w .
    Posted by GEO68
    Hi Geo,

Will you marry me?
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: All in freerolls? : Hi Geo, Will you marry me?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Easy Tiger , thanks for the proposal but I am going have to pass on that one .