You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Horses - 16/04/14

edited April 2014 in Betting Chat
Out with a few guys who work in the industry tonight (independent bookie, on course bookie etc)

The name Edgardo Sol (Cheltenham 3.15pm) was mentioned relentlessly.

I'd never advise backing horses and I've not read the form yet obviously....

16/1 with bet victor right now.

4.7 to be placed on betfair.

Comments

• edited April 2014
    Got 10 notes on it @ 16s with the aforementioned.

Mr chandler kindly doubled the stake.

I'll trade out when I get up tomorrow.
  • edited April 2014
    Cheltenham 3.50 Buy Wise 5/2 winner
                         2.05 Garde La Victoire 5/2 winner
                         3.15 Brother Brian 11/2 winner
    Southwell 6.35 Pippa Greene 5/1 x
    Dundalk 7.15 Hellenistic 5/1 3rd
                   7.45 Carla Bianca 4/9 3rd
    Newmarket 4.45 True Story 3.95/1 winner
                                 Obliterator 5.6/1 2nd
                         5.40 Kaab 5.4/1 x
                         2.55 Wedding Ring 2.7/1 x
                         5.10 Wrangler 6.6/1 x
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Horses - 16/04/14:
    Out with a few guys who work in the industry tonight (independent bookie, on course bookie etc) The name Edgardo Sol (Cheltenham 3.15pm) was mentioned relentlessly. I'd never advise backing horses and I've not read the form yet obviously.... 16/1 with bet victor right now. 4.7 to be placed on betfair.
    Posted by ff55hh
    what was said exactly about edgardo sol?,i wouldnt touch it with a barge poll to be honest these days.
  • edited April 2014
    £40.00

£10.00
    trebles
    1. 2.05 CheltenhamGarde La Victoire @ 9/4
    2. 4.05 NewmarketQueen Catrine @ 6/1
    3. 3.30 NewmarketShifting Power @ 7/4
    4. 2.55 NewmarketWedding Ring @ 5/2
  • edited April 2014
    Nothing specific but they were going on about it all night. 

I'd probably agree with you rock that its form has dropped off a cliff.

As it happens I got a sign up bonus from VC so I can't lose either way..

Only thing in its favour that I can see without a racing post is that its returning to  a winning mark (from 2 years back though)
  • edited April 2014
    My horses for today

3.15 Cheltenham Boondooma 10-1 . This is what I said three runs ago 

"Ok faded badly after running all over them with two to go BACK when he runs over 2m -2m 2f "

Won next twice over longer and very low weight today , hoping for the hat trick. Although great fan of Thomas Crapper.

4.05 Newmarket Queen Catrine 7-1 - Lowther form worked out well Saturday and hopeful it will do again here.

Also

Master of The World 4.40 Newmarket 16-1

4.25 Cheltenham Cadeau George 18-1
    5.30 Cheltenham Yes Daddy
  • edited April 2014
    Edgardo Sol now 8/1 in places
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Horses - 16/04/14:
    My horses for today 3.15 Cheltenham Boondooma 10-1 . This is what I said three runs ago  "Ok faded badly after running all over them with two to go BACK when he runs over 2m -2m 2f " Won next twice over longer and very low weight today , hoping for the hat trick. Although great fan of Thomas Crapper. 4.05 Newmarket Queen Catrine 7-1 - Lowther form worked out well Saturday and hopeful it will do again here. Also Master of The World 4.40 Newmarket 16-1 4.25 Cheltenham Cadeau George 18-1 5.30 Cheltenham Yes Daddy
    Posted by vaigret
    You seem to have a reasonable knowledge of the gee,gee's so having a wee punt on your selections since I couldn't tell you one horse from the next .
    £1 e/w on all and 0.25p e/w  trebles to cover the five . £15 Staked will post profit/loss later once results in .
    1. 5.30 Cheltenham Yes Daddy @ 11/1
    2. 4.40 Newmarket Master The World @ 16/1
    3. 4.05 Newmarket Queen Catrine @ 7/1
    4. 4.25 Cheltenham Cadeau George @ 20/1
    5. 3.15 Cheltenham Boondooma @ 9/1
  • edited April 2014
    Having a e/w on AMBER MOON 80/1

SERGEANT MATTIE AT 7S

ABCENT FRIENDS  7S
  • edited April 2014
    2.40 cheltenham.

Top smart to beat rebeccas choice @ 1.94 - 2pts

Ground suits top smart better, goes well fresh. Bit of a gulf in class though neither are consistent.

******edit - not matched, no bet
  • edited April 2014
    1. 7.25 SedgefieldGenerous Chief
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Horses - 16/04/14:
    In Response to Re: Horses - 16/04/14 : You seem to have a reasonable knowledge of the gee,gee's so having a wee punt on your selections since I couldn't tell you one horse from the next . £1 e/w on all and 0.25p e/w  trebles to cover the five . £15 Staked will post profit/loss later once results in . 5.30 Cheltenham Yes Daddy @ 11/1 4.40 Newmarket Master The World @ 16/1 4.05 Newmarket Queen Catrine @ 7/1 4.25 Cheltenham Cadeau George @ 20/1 3.15 Cheltenham Boondooma @ 9/1
    Posted by GEO68
    Oh dear Geo, hope we are both smiling at end of day.

Hopeful re Boondooma and Queen Catrine. Others a bit of a punt even for me. 
  • edited April 2014
    Made the trade on elgardo sol.

+£7 if it loses

+£136 if it wins.

Murders by betfair P+L if it wins
  • edited April 2014
    At least Boondooma been backed now 15-2
  • edited April 2014
    ...............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,............................................. .....
    ...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
    ......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
    ..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\... ..................................
    ................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\....................................
    ................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
    .................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
    ...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
    .....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
    .....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
    .................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.......................... ...
    ...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,........... .........
    ...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
    .................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
    .................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
    ..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.........
    ......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
    ........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......
  • edited April 2014
    oh dear ran well until last and then faded into fifth. Although he won over 2m 4f last time . 2m 2f is his optimum trip.
  • edited April 2014
    another lead til final furlong then finished 4th.

Stop the races a furlong or so before the end and I would do well.
  • edited April 2014
    Cadeaux George went out like a light four furlongs out
  • edited April 2014
    Where are you watching these races Vaigret?
  • edited April 2014
    Another lead then backwards, however might have found one in last .Expert beaten by True Story last season. True story just won 4.40 well.
  • edited April 2014
    Mmmmmmmmmm

No profit to post a complete car crash , however nothing ventured nothing gained . Not a total loss though at least I have a short list of five names should I ever buy a donkey lol .