You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Min cash less than buy in + rake, should we change this?

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat
What are people's opinions on the min cash places at present? In the BH format min cash is nearly always less than original total stake. I totally understand the more people who get paid the better for the rec players (myself included) but nothing more frustrating than finishing after 2/3 hours and getting couple £ or pence less than paid to get in.

I appreciate in a BH it is about the head value too, and that is 50% of the prize pool, but could it be proposed that a few players less get paid or take a small amount out of other places to fund an above but on win?  We all benefit from the great BH format on sky, all had the advantage of being in profit and not making cash, but could it be possible to tip it over the buy in?

Comments

• edited April 2014
    I would like to see a larger portion of the prize pool awarded for finishing places with less for the bounty.  This would ensure that anyone who cashed would recieve more than the buy-in.
  • edited April 2014

This is a central function of BH's, which are VERY popular on Sky Poker.

If the total entry fees are cut in half (half in prize pool, half in Head Prizes) it is inevitable.

It could be changed, yes, but it's "how long is a piece of string?", because what is taken out of one goes into the other. If more is allocated to Prize Pool, less is available for Head Prizes.

Generally speaking, yes, a min-cash should be at least the buy-in, but, imo, that cannot apply in Bounty Hunters.

• edited April 2014
    I'm happy with the way B/H's are. I don't play them too much but they can be enjoyable and I don't think getting a couple quid less than the BI is that big of a deal - besides, if you get a bounty as well (which most players that have got that far usually do have) then you get more than just a min-cash anyway.
  • edited April 2014

Don't really see a problem take a few bounties makes up the difference
  • edited April 2014
    Think the payout structure (min cashes) are ideal as is.

Don't see any point in changing them.
  • edited April 2014
    Sky's Bounty Hunters have been a massive success using the current format and quite rightly form the back-bone of the sites MTT schedule.

To try and fix something that isn't broke would be asking for trouble.

While it is true that on rare occasions you may win a few pence less than your buy-in for a Bounty Hunter min-cash a couple of other things should be considered;

1. This gets balanced by all those occasions when you bust before the bubble yet still leave with bounties as a cash prize, often this will be worth more than the buy-in. In a freezeout you would have won nothing. Other times you'll bank more in head-prizes than your tournament prize. It all balances out over time.

2. If you have a good MTT mindset and are properly bankrolled you shouldn't be concerning yourself with the trivial value of a min-cash. When I'm playing in a Bounty Hunter I couldn't care less whether the min-cash is a little more or a little less than my buy-in. I'm in the thing to try and win it, I wouldn't even bother looking at lobby to see how much the small prizes are.
  • edited April 2014
    Great post Gary.

• edited April 2014
    Gary, agree with both points, as I stated in OP, everyone who is anyone has benefitted from the Bounty prizes, and totally agree shouldn't enter to min cash! 

Think all would agree that the BH format on sky is better than any other sites. No one comes close and the 50/50 split works well.

Hopefully my post did not come across negative, it is not the values as such, just the principle that a min cash is less than a buy in. Totally agree most times you have a bounty an even those times you min without, all the times you get a hea or two but fail to cash more than makes up for tilt, just be nice to see on lobby you a profit regardless of what's happened before if cash!

Anyway, let's focus on point two of Gary, bun a min cash let's win the thing and take down the jackpots like Ryan :)