You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Skypad Races

2»

Comments

• edited May 2014

Siiick ending to a massive grind this week. Everyone went nuts the last hour!. Went out at 7pm thinking I had it locked, got back at 11:15pm and panicked lol, think I made 250 points in 30 mins! If I don't win this ipad I will steal one from the apple store.

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Skypad Races:
    Siiick ending to a massive grind this week. Everyone went nuts the last hour!. Went out at 7pm thinking I had it locked, got back at 11:15pm and panicked lol, think I made 250 points in 30 mins! If I don't win this ipad I will steal one from the apple store.
    Posted by ACES925
    how many points did you end up with then?
  • edited May 2014
    How many did you put in today shanxta, that was some grind!!!!
  • edited May 2014
    about 1.5k i think, thought i needed about 2k to get in, but a combo of getting stuck at work for an hour longer than i should have, and then Sky's software failing yet again meant i fell short
  • edited May 2014
    Has anyone received their ipads yet?  I think I won mine around the 15th April but still no sign of it :(  I know it says up to 30 days but I'm just wondering if any have been delivered yet.
  • edited May 2014
    Has anyone received their ipads yet?  I think I won mine around the 15th April but still no sign of it :(  I know it says up to 30 days but I'm just wondering if any have been delivered yet.
    Posted by IrishRose
    I think I won very close to the same time you did.  Received mine in less than a week so maybe worth chasing up

gl
  • edited May 2014
    Posted by IrishRose
    Hi Rose, I received mine the following day, good luck
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Skypad Races : I think I won very close to the same time you did.  Received mine in less than a week so maybe worth chasing up gl
    Posted by huuuuume
    Thanks huuuuume and Snedd for the confirmation that some  have been shipped.  

I contacted Sky customer care today (the name "care" doesn't really seem to be apt :( ).  I have never been so angered by a customer contact centre in my life - I came within minutes of cancelling my account with Sky out of pure frustration as the entire communication consisted of me asking a brick wall for an answer.  Is it really too unreasonable to ask if the ipad has at least been shipped yet?  Honestly - you'd think I was asking them to disclose information that had to be withheld under the Offical Secrets Act.

All they kept repeating was that they wouldn't look at it until 30 days were up.  I asked for a tracking number so that I could track the parcel myself - no - we can't give you that.  It can be 30 days before we class it as lost...  So again I ask if it has even been shipped to me yet............  Answer - I can't tell you that untiil 30 days are up.

Is it really that difficult to answer a basic question??  

When I originally won the ipad I was mega excited - had a warm fuzzy glow etc etc etc.  Then I missed the phonecall from Sky to confirm my details.  So - I phoned Sky myself and the guy took all the details, confirmed user id and address etc.  He originally told me it would probably be with me within a week.  A week passes so I rang again - but this time I was told that I hadn't yet confirmed my details even though I had!!!!  When I checked time of call etc to Sky on my mobile I was able to give it to the call centre - then a miracle - they found that Yes - I had called them and yes my details were on the screen afterall.  However still no sign of the ipad.  Hence my follow up communication again today.

I've dealt with a lot of companies running promotions due to the nature of my job - but I've never - in all my years (and that's a lot of years) come accross a customer care centre that really couldn't seem to give a toss.  I am still really angry now - more than 5 hours later - at the casual dismissive attitude of the "care" department.

I have played on Sky for a few years now - and I'm not usually a moan and complain person - but at this moment in time I remain very disappointed at how this ipad promotion is being fulfilled.  Great advertising for Sky at the time - great buzz about the whole thing - but now there's almost a sour taste about it.  

• edited May 2014
    Hey Rose

Customer care are really difficult. Most time's iv dealt with them it's been the same experience you have had.

It's the advisers that deal with sky bet, i think the poker side of things is an unknown world to them lol

Maybe send a Pm to one of the sky admins, sky_adam, sky_sam, sky_peter

They would be better placed to give you an answer,or to chase it up for you.
  • edited May 2014
    Hi Rose,
    I was told I would get mine inside a week too, and not only has mine not arrived yet, I have also had no feedback from them. It would appear from your comments that contacting C.C. would be a waste of time and probably just get me angry with Sky again. A number of years ago I played a lot on Sky poker and I had a complaint, but was told in effect I could like it or lump it. This is ok as it is their site and they can do as they wish, so I took the lump it option, withdrew my money and played elsewhere for a few years. I came back when Sky told me they had improved things, which they appear to hve done to some extent.
    Perhaps some reponse from Sky on this?
  • edited May 2014
    Hi Rose, I was told I would get mine inside a week too, and not only has mine not arrived yet, I have also had no feedback from them. It would appear from your comments that contacting C.C. would be a waste of time and probably just get me angry with Sky again. A number of years ago I played a lot on Sky poker and I had a complaint, but was told in effect I could like it or lump it. This is ok as it is their site and they can do as they wish, so I took the lump it option, withdrew my money and played elsewhere for a few years. I came back when Sky told me they had improved things, which they appear to hve done to some extent. Perhaps some reponse from Sky on this?
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    Hello,

The terms & conditions say within 30 days but I will investigate further when I am in the office on Tuesday. There will not be any iPads dispatched from the supplier until then.  I will find out and let you know where it is.

Have a nice weekend,
    Justin
  • edited May 2014
    Thank you Justin. Have they all gone on holiday and left you manning the fort :-)
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Skypad Races : Hello, The terms & conditions say within 30 days but I will investigate further when I am in the office on Tuesday. There will not be any iPads dispatched from the supplier until then.  I will find out and let you know where it is. Have a nice weekend, Justin
    Posted by Sky_Justin
    Hi Justin

Please can I ask whether anyone has looked into this yet please?  I'm guessing the "marketing team" have gone home by now but please please please can someone follow this up tomorrow?  

• edited May 2014
    Hi all

Just want to say a huge thank you for my ipad which arrived safe and sound today!!

Now I just have to fire it up and away it goes..........................

Thanks again.
  • edited May 2014
    Congrats Rose have fun with it. I am still waiting for mine :-(

• edited May 2014
    Yes I have an Ipad, it arrived next door, with My name and address on it. I would have thougt being able to read a house number would have helped a delivery man.