You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cheap MTT's to get "my teeth into"

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat
Hi all,
Need some help! Basically, I am up-&-coming player with reasonable ability and understanding of the game, but a relative novice in terms of the number of hours spent playing proper cash & S&G's.

I've experimented around playing the micro cash 2p/4p tables but some heavy losses recently have left my confidence in this format a little hurt to say the least. 

I have performed well in a number of recent MTT's, which leads me to ask the Q:-

WHAT, Cheap games for say around £1-£3/£4 could I play in which are good to play in, don't take an absolute age (Like the marathon deepstack events) and could offer a good chance of rebuilding confidence whilst increasing my B/Roll?

I've seen the likes of MrsDuck enjoys a good Bounty Hunter MTT - are there some good cheap ones of these? 

What about the timed tournament event's? I see these are typically Buy-ins of either £3.30 or £5.50, but offer a set cash amount, depending upon chip-stack at the end...Barring a disaster, would these offer a good solution if I am able to keep my stack topped up? (Esp as I could use my DYM attitude on these perhaps?)

Your thoughts, help and comments sincerely appreciated.

Comments

• edited April 2014
    There is a £2 bh kicking off about now that is normally very good value, just play a tag abc game early and don't go chasing bounties early with rubbish hands.  If you are around in the morning, there are 2 £3 BH's that are normally very good to play and the £1 rebuys are normally good too.

Best of luck in whatever you decide to play :)
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Cheap MTT's to get "my teeth into":
    There is a £2 bh kicking off about now that is normally very good value, just play a tag abc game early and don't go chasing bounties early with rubbish hands.  If you are around in the morning, there are 2 £3 BH's that are normally very good to play and the £1 rebuys are normally good too. Best of luck in whatever you decide to play :)
    Posted by cenachav

What sort of MTT is the £1 rebuy? (I am thinking that you are referring to the (£25 gtd speed?") had I seen the post's before now, I would have entered the £2 BH but i am also away from my screen for a while in a few minutes for dinner..so would have been far from ideal. 

I'll keep my eyes open for those BH's - Mrs Duck seems to do well out of them, so why not me? (I played one in my early sky poker days and because I called an ALLIN I won £1.88 when the player was elminated so I think I WILL Def give thm a go!)

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Cheap MTT's to get "my teeth into":
    In Response to Re: Cheap MTT's to get "my teeth into" : What sort of MTT is the £1 rebuy? had I seen the post's before now, I would have entered the £2 BH but i am also away from my screen for a while in a few minutes for dinner..so would have been far from ideal.  I'll keep my eyes open for those BH's - Mrs Duck seems to do well out of them, so why not me? (I played one in my early sky poker days and because I called an ALLIN I won £1.88 when the player was elminated so I think I WILL Def give thm a go!)
    Posted by GaryLaud

Oiiii! What are you trying to say?!? :P
    I think you should play DYMs by the way.. £2.20 ones
  • edited April 2014
    As cenachav has said, the two mornin £3BH's are great value, great fun and they should be more of them! And the £2BH's are quite common so try them.

Also, not on the list but try standard SNG's! A good way to practice MTT play and more up top to win!

Good luck.

Oh, and a great book to read to learn MTT (and other forms) are the three "Playing MTT's one hand at a time". Excellent read. They take real hands and top pro's comment throught the streets on what decisions they made and why. Honestly, money well spent!!
  • edited April 2014
    £1 7:45 deepstack