You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

50NL - Flopped Top2 200xBB Deep

edited April 2014 in The Poker Clinic
Mastercash table so 200xBB effective.

Villian is a good laggy reg and will be opening and peeling my 3bet pre fairly wide. We flop the world, and even better turn a FD.

Think flatting flop is standard/best.

Do we lead turn or give him the room to double barrel?

River sizing?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Lambert180 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £239.49
hhamza162 Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £73.79
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • Q

devil_tear Fold     
Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £100.01
fisherking Fold     
Lambert180 Raise  £4.25 £6.50 £235.24
hhamza162 Fold     
Call  £3.00 £9.50 £97.01
Flop

• Q
  • J

Lambert180 Bet  £5.80 £15.30 £229.44
Raise  £15.00 £30.30 £82.01
Lambert180 Call  £9.20 £39.50 £220.24
Turn

Lambert180 Check     
Check     
River

• A

Lambert180 Bet  £17.50 £57.00 £202.74

Comments

• edited April 2014
    Not sure I like 3betting pre, obv you prob have your reasons

Looks ok, I might go a little bigger on river . What's your plan if he raises?
  • edited April 2014
    Yeah I don't like the 3bet pre either with this hand - it's too strong to turn into a bluff and obv too weak to be for value.

Flop is fine. Turn I like leading but not sure how balanced you will be here in doing so? Checking is probably fine. Really don't like your river lead - what hands do you think villain will call with that you beat? And what bluffs can you have here when you play the hand like this?

Seems like a perfect spot to just check again and hope he bluffs/value bets worse. Can't think of many hands you miss out on value from checking - do you think he raises flop with KQ/KK (if he just flat it pre?) cause they're the only hands we are really targeting with a bet.
  • edited April 2014
    the chance of him double barrelling on the turn is highly reliant on weather or not he does have a hand-
    You 3bet preflop has made him consider your hand range to be either a pocket pair or 2 broadway cards, so when he made the raise OTF it was likely an attempt to make hands like 1010 99 AK and A10 fold. Knowing you made the call he's likely to put you on hands like AQ KQ AJ KJ and AA-jj so now unless he has hit top pair i can't see him wanting to double barrell on the turn knowing their is a high chance of you calling and not only that but if he's holding hands such as AK A10 K10 and 109s 108s he has the chance of a free card which would allow him the straight.

on the river i would go £20 but that could leave you with difficultyif he choose to raise so i might go for a check, the reason being if you believe he will raise then you will be expecting him to make a bet if you choose to check.
  • edited April 2014
    I dont mind the three bet pre if we are doing this to balance our range against a reg and we can flop well (like we do).

Fine all the way to river where I HATE the lead. It is such a bad card as K10/AQ/AJ get there and we just fold out all bluffs and we are never getting value from KQ/KJ/1010 down anyway. Plus it leaves us in a bad spot if he bluff raises.
  • edited April 2014
    Think 3bet pre is fine if say we're in the CO.  Good way to keep the hand headsup HJ v CO as long as we dont have a station/squeezer in the button seat. I would prob rather pile in hands like AxTx,KxTx,QxTx,JxTx,Tx8x-Tx6x to my 3bet range instead of QJs as we block straights on broadway flops by holding the T.  If I am playing QJs in the SB like this then yeah 3bet it i guess. dont love it tho and prefer to just complete to induce a 3way deep pot.

As played I think I prefer bet/call bet/ship tbh... Think we loose a lot of value on turn from Qx and Jx hands that he'll sspaz with and also giving a free pass to draws.  River sizing is good imo, kinda screams value bet but AJ, AQ, Jx7x will still look u up imo. 

• edited April 2014

On the river think we have to check most of the time, hard to see what worse hand can call to be honest.

Not to mention it's about the nut worse river card we could have seen.

• edited April 2014
    Really not loving 3-betting pre. QJs plays well postflop. There's much better hands we can use as 3-bet bluffs. Also considering were 200bb deep the 3-bet sizing is too small.

As played - Flop is standard.

Agree c/c turn is best. We block a lot of the villain's value combos so I'm not really sure what leading accomplishes?

River seems like a clear v-bet to me. As played, I doubt villain is gonna take a bet/check/bet line as a bluff. I also think a large % of the time villain is gonna check back any Ax hand (Or anything else with showdown value.) Not sure why everyone is worried AQ/AJ got there. These hands are never raising us on the flop. Also think K10 pretty much has to bet the turn after their flop line.

Bet/call river imo.