You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thurs Night Live Show ch861 7pm with Fowler and Karl Mahrenholz ***official show thread****

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat

Morning Fowles.

Please tell Karl I won the UKPC Omaha Tournament. He'll buy it, trust me.

Bet you are looking forward to Sunday night's Show? Thought so.  

Comments

• edited April 2014
    Woop, I am back!

And I am back with a new friend of the show!  Karl Mahrenholz, poker pro extraordinaire, who aside from an amazing wealth poker knowledge might be able to teach me a little bit about finances! As he started out in 'mergers and acquisitions' and my knowledge of this only extends as far as Melanie Griffith in Working Girl!  

Anyway, tonight is his first time as an analyst, so we would like to welcome him by questioning him extensively!  How else would we make him feel comfortable!  So ask him anything!!!....  A Prize for the best question tonight!

Also for another prize... as you know I nickname people here... Teaks, Teakles, teacakes, RyRy, Rylan, Strutter, Orf... you get the picture. Best nickname for Karl tonight wins a prize!

7pm-8pm – Tonight on Sky Poker – Live coverage from the televised Master Cash tables. 

8pm-9pm – Top Of The Pots – Count down of the 10 biggest master cash hands of the week 

9pm-10pm – Poker Clinic – This hour will feature requested hands from you, the viewers. We’ll block the opponents hole cards and analyse the play from your perspective.

10pm -11pm – Master Cash – More live coverage from the Master Cash Tables.

11pm-12pm – Sky Poker Highlights  – Highlights from the late stages of the £12K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter. We should get down to a final table and maybe a winner if we’re lucky!

Also, look out for a new competition tonight (remember the intense popularity of the 'Tweet'twho'!??  no!?  Well this one promises to be just as good!  It is called...

'Anna-grams'

more details to come!

Anyways, hope all is well with you, looking forward to hearing from you, enjoy the show, gl in the Bounty Hunter, and give us a shout if you are new to the site!

Skyopen@bskyb.com

#skypokertv

Much love

Fowler; who just had a pasison fruit for breakfast, possibly one of the weirdest things to eat first thing....

xx

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Thurs Night Live Show ch861 7pm with Fowler and Karl Mahrenholz ***official show thread****:
    Morning Fowles. Please tell Karl I won the UKPC Omaha Tournament. He'll buy it, trust me. Bet you are looking forward to Sunday night's Show? Thought so.      
    Posted by Tikay10
    Mornign dear,

I am looking forward to seeing you as the Easter Bunny!
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Thurs Night Live Show ch861 7pm with Fowler and Karl Mahrenholz ***official show thread****:
    In Response to Re: Thurs Night Live Show ch861 7pm with Fowler and Karl Mahrenholz ***official show thread**** : Mornign dear, I am looking forward to seeing you as the Easter Bunny!
    Posted by MissFowler
    jtdrudxmyrxtrazwtwazszwfet\zfeaz\fwa

I enjoy Easter as much as I enjoy Christmas.

Bleurgh, people out enjoying themselves, can't be doing with it.

• edited April 2014
    Good afternoon Anna. Karl and Mr Tikay.
    I will be playing the £12K BH tonight it is well out of my bankroll, but got lucky last night and won the £1000 gtd bh at 22.40 and made over £200 which is a massive win for me.
    A question for Karl if you could make more money working than playing poker, would you still choose to play poker ?.
    All the best.
    Rainman397.
    P.S anyone available  for the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK?     
  • edited April 2014
    Happy Easter Mr Kendall!
  • edited April 2014
    We need your hand requests for the poker clinic!!! Just post the hand id and a bit of background info on this thread and there's a good chance your hand will be on the telly tonight!!
  • edited April 2014
    Just incase lol....

Here's a hand from Mastercash 9

Hand History #767569482 (12:34 16/04/2014)

Mastercash table so 200xBB effective.

Villian is a good laggy reg and will be opening and peeling my 3bet pre fairly wide. We flop the world, and even better turn a FD.

Think flatting flop is standard/best.

Do we lead turn or give him the room to double barrel?

River sizing?
  • edited April 2014
    Another one from Mastercash 9.

What do you think about my check on the turn? At the time I thought the villain was a pretty solid reg and he'll be aware that I'm fairly solid so he's gonna give me respect when I 3bet an UTG open from the blinds which means his peeling range is probably fairly strong/narrow.

I should definitely have bet the flop bigger but that aside what do you think of the turn? I was pretty sure I wouldn't get 3 streets of value from hands like JJ/QQ but if I check then he'll definitely bet them for at least 1 street if not both. Checking also protects my checking range here.

Do you think the line is ok, or should we bet turn and check/call river? 

Hand History #767559888 (11:34 16/04/2014

• edited April 2014
    Have a great show both and welcome Karl.
    Ok a question, playing a normal 6 max tournament, and it is the early stages, what would you consider a good sort of VPIP & PFR. Should this be different if playing a BH tounament. I see problems if you elect to play looser as your stack is more likely to be shorter when all in and therefore you don't win their bounty, but set  it up for someone else. Yet to play tighter just seems wrong, and playing the same in the different conditions also cannot be right.
  • edited April 2014
    How about Karma Karl for a nickname
  • edited April 2014
    Hi. When is tonight's sky sports bounty hunter shown on sky sports?

• edited April 2014
    Hi Anna & Karl

Karl
    I see you have/had a team called "The Hitsquad"

We also have a team called the Hitsquad on SkyPoker

Care to join?

PS
    There is a strict initiation ceremony :-)
  • edited April 2014
    It not phil the power taylor  

its Karl the power volts and u will be getting a power cut :)
  • edited April 2014
    hey anna and karl

have a great show

nicknames

charismatic karl
  • edited April 2014
    Question for Karl...

Obviously you've got a pretty impressive record in live MTTs, what is your opinion of live tells? Are they overrated? Do you often get to use them to your advantage or is it quite rare? What are the common things you look for in live tells?
  • edited April 2014
  • edited April 2014
    Karl MarinEasterHolz

Okay, that will only work at this time of year.

• edited April 2014
    welcome to sky poker karl, i have question, do you find that being a pro poker player that you get women gold digging alot and you change women as often as you change your socks?
  • edited April 2014
    Laura "anyone care to join me for a doggin session tonight?"
  • edited April 2014
    warn leo fan

there is no santa claus
  • edited April 2014
  • edited April 2014
    Ooppppssss Sorry

POKEY2011

Chris

Bristol
  • edited April 2014

Anna Gram...

Is it Cheil Nanning?

• edited April 2014
    the anagram is neal chaning
  • edited April 2014
    Hi Anna,

you might want to warn Karl that 

"warn leo fan"

does on occassion go rogue

loving the show as always
  • edited April 2014
    Ill say neil channing
  • edited April 2014
    Not that i'm copying or anything, just turned on the show!
  • edited April 2014
    OOPPS!!!!! Sorry!!! Answer : SADLJFKAKSDFKJAKSDJFZ

POKEY2011

Chris
  • edited April 2014
    Nial Chenning?