You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HU SNG Laddering Challenge?...

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat
Hi all,

Firstly, my apologies if this has been suggested already, I have had a little look through the forum but can't see this anywhere.

Given the huge success of the very good DYM laddering challenge, I'm thinking perhaps it would be a good idea to start some sort of a HU laddering challenge ?

I appreciate the jumps in HU SNG's are more than in DYM's, so I thought given the recent introduction of Heads-Up Versus to the lobby, perhaps that would be the best platform for the challenge and drive some traffic that way to what I think is a brilliant format.

The profit margins going from micro to higher stakes would be good, and it could be some sort of epic test to prove who is the best HU player on Sky Poker, where anybody can join in at any time ...

Heads-Up Versus
Level 1 -- £1-05 
Level 2 -- £2-10
Level 3 -- £5-25
Level 4 -- £10-50

As these then end at the £10-50 mark, perhaps the challenge could continue as follows :-

Regular HU SNG
Level 5 -- £21-00
Level 6 -- £26-25
Level 7 -- £31-50
Level 8 -- £42-00
Level 9 -- £52-50
Level 10 -- £105

I'd be interested to hear what you guys think, as I personally love HU play and think the more people that give it a go the better ! :)

Comments

• edited April 2014
    Great idea and much quicker to have tons of goes at it than the DYM version. 

What do you mean HU versus and regular HU? You can play normal 1v1 HU SnGs micro stakes too
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to HU SNG Laddering Challenge?...:
    Hi all, Firstly, my apologies if this has been suggested already, I have had a little look through the forum but can't see this anywhere. Given the huge success of the very good DYM laddering challenge, I'm thinking perhaps it would be a good idea to start some sort of a HU laddering challenge ? I appreciate the jumps in HU SNG's are more than in DYM's, so I thought given the recent introduction of Heads-Up Versus to the lobby, perhaps that would be the best platform for the challenge and drive some traffic that way to what I think is a brilliant format. The profit margins going from micro to higher stakes would be good, and it could be some sort of epic test to prove who is the best HU player on Sky Poker, where anybody can join in at any time ... Heads-Up Versus Level 1 -- £1-05  Level 2 -- £2-10 Level 3 -- £5-25 Level 4 -- £10-50 As these then end at the £10-50 mark, perhaps the challenge could continue as follows :- Regular HU SNG Level 5 -- £21-00 Level 6 -- £26-25 Level 7 -- £31-50 Level 8 -- £42-00 Level 9 -- £52-50 Level 10 -- £105 I'd be interested to hear what you guys think, as I personally love HU play and think the more people that give it a go the better ! :)
    Posted by tomllew22

Have to disagree here as the DYM challenge is virtually impossible. 

The DYM challenge has ran for nearly two years and the closest anyone has got to completing the 12 levels is winning at level 10.

The prize of a £55 primo seat wasn't really much of a prize either when you consider how difficult it is.

I appreciate that when it was suggested no one really knew it's as difficult in reality as it appears initially and I think a HU laddering comp would prove equally as difficult.  If this was to go ahead I'd suggest that their be a cut off date in regards to winners. i.e. the three people who have climbed the furthest up the ladder by the end of june (or whatever) win a prize (primo seat) and anyone who completes all levels wins a super roller seat.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: HU SNG Laddering Challenge?...:
    Great idea and much quicker to have tons of goes at it than the DYM version.  What do you mean HU versus and regular HU? You can play normal 1v1 HU SnGs micro stakes too
    Posted by Lambert180

By HU versus I mean the SNG where 4 people enter , and the winner takes all. I was thinking this might be more challenging , and a way to get people to play this format ... you could just as easily use the regular HU SNG if that is what people would prefer.

• edited April 2014
    To be fair its the second time the DYM challenge has ran and the first time it got battered, one guy (kevcoke) even did it three times! I think its a combo of variance and the fact DYMs have probably got a lot harder on here since 3 years ago
  • edited April 2014
    It would be hard enough anyway imo without making it tons harder by having to win 4man games