You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

tournament buy in to expensive

I like sky poker but am put off depositing on here as I do not like to spend a lot on poker.
and I only like playing tournaments, and the majority of tournaments are 5.75 or 11 pounds even 2.30
is a bit steep, as I don't like spending much more than 10 a week, if there were more tournies around the pound mark and even smaller buy ins I would be a lot more inclined to deposit, or even micro sattelites with several rounds for the bigger tournies would be good,

Comments

• edited April 2014
    In Response to tournament buy in to expensive:
    I like sky poker but am put off depositing on here as I do not like to spend a lot on poker. and I only like playing tournaments, and the majority of tournaments are 5.75 or 11 pounds even 2.30 is a bit steep, as I don't like spending much more than 10 a week, if there were more tournies around the pound mark and even smaller buy ins I would be a lot more inclined to deposit, or even micro sattelites with several rounds for the bigger tournies would be good,
    Posted by theswanie
    i dont really know what to say to this, i think calling £2.30 too steep is massively tight if im honest regardless of anyones financial situation. a pint in my local is £2.65, a pack of tabs in my local shop is £8.00 odd so i think anyone looking for a game of poker for a few hours fun for £2.30 is getting a bargain.
  • edited April 2014
    Monday night DTD's
    3 MTT's for a fiver !
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: tournament buy in to expensive:
    In Response to tournament buy in to expensive : i dont really know what to say to this, i think calling £2.30 too steep is massively tight if im honest regardless of anyones financial situation. a pint in my local is £2.65, a pack of tabs in my local shop is £8.00 odd so i think anyone looking for a game of poker for a few hours fun for £2.30 is getting a bargain.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Sick brag, where do you live? The year 2001?

Cant remember the last time i bought a pint under £3.00
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: tournament buy in to expensive : Sick brag, where do you live? The year 2001? Cant remember the last time i bought a pint under £3.00
    Posted by splashies

haha +1

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: tournament buy in to expensive : Sick brag, where do you live? The year 2001? Cant remember the last time i bought a pint under £3.00
    Posted by splashies
    My local WMC in Buttershaw ( Rita , Sue and Bob too ) Bradford, is £1,70 for Carling!!

We have a saying in there....." the more you drink, the more you save "

Happy days.
  • edited April 2014
    Hi theswanie,Theres a £1.10 tournament on most nights at 7.45, hope this helps. be lucky.
  • edited April 2014
    Posted by splashies
    village called frizington in north west cumbria mate. obv pints are slightley dearer if i go into the nearest town but its only £2.65 a pint in my local, £1.00 sunday in the redhouse in workington once a month too :-)
  • edited April 2014
    Furness Railway Wetherspoons in Barrow £1.70 carlsberg/john smiths/strongbow, best away day ever lmao

£2.20 for a tournament is not steep. If thats too steep then play the £1.10 19:45pm Deep Stack.. The buy-ins are fine for every tournament i think, Guarentees almost always met and smashed for nearly everything. Sky do a fantastic job in balancing them, only one that doesnt really meet/smash the Guarentee is the Saturday primo.

• edited April 2014
    In Response to tournament buy in to expensive:
    I like sky poker but am put off depositing on here as I do not like to spend a lot on poker. and I only like playing tournaments, and the majority of tournaments are 5.75 or 11 pounds even 2.30 is a bit steep, as I don't like spending much more than 10 a week, if there were more tournies around the pound mark and even smaller buy ins I would be a lot more inclined to deposit, or even micro sattelites with several rounds for the bigger tournies would be good,
    Posted by theswanie
    Don't forget there are free roles everyday! Can get into £11 tourneys for free and buil up a bank roll. If want to play more and only want to spend £10 a week why not do a week of free role ten following week you got £20 to try your luck at the tourneys and spin it up! Start small and may the odds ever be in your favour ;)

On the beer front, I live in Scotland and yet to find a pub that is under £3!! But you can get some bargains on the whiskey :)