You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Moan, brag, Need Advice, More moan.

Just played my first cash session on 4p/8p.

And my god it was a nightmare.
First of all i was playing for around 2 hours and i never had anything good to play with. Few rag aces and actualyl managed to get Q10 suited at one point! Every hand i did play with i hardly ever hit the flop, and if i did i got outdrawn on the turn.

I know people said not to bluff, but with the cards i had and with the game getting rather tedious i had to make some moves, most were called or raised... I managed to pull this number which was the only move that paid off, and wow what a pay off it was 72p! :P
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Tomsey Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £6.47
HartshorN Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £6.56
  Your hole cards

mofiman Fold        
Bukowski Fold        
tosca55 Fold        
lewbob Fold        
Tomsey Call   £0.04 £0.16 £6.43
HartshorN Check        
Flop

• Q

Tomsey Bet   £0.08 £0.24 £6.35
HartshorN Call   £0.08 £0.32 £6.48
Turn

Tomsey Bet   £0.08 £0.40 £6.27
HartshorN Call   £0.08 £0.48 £6.40
River

Tomsey Bet   £0.24 £0.72 £6.03
HartshorN Raise   £0.72 £1.44 £5.68
Tomsey Fold        
HartshorN Muck        
HartshorN Win   £1.40   £7.08
Anyhow now my moan and brag is out of the way now for the advice.

I would really like to continue playing cash, im hoping that just wasn't my "session" with me being card dead throughout, so i'd like some tips from the the best fo you cash game players out there :)

Is it good to have a wide range to limp with? And questions of this nature..

Any help would be muchly appreciated and i hope every had a great new year, i sadly spent spent mine in the a&e in Nottingham :(! (My other moan :D)

Comments

• edited January 2010

Aup Pal, gud decision to try cash.

The above hand was played well, u read the board and realised he cudnt possibly call unless he had the nuts. (classin fh here as the nuts).

I wouldnt make a habit of making this type of play at these levels though, and make sure that if you are gonna do it, its against an opponent good enough to fold! I still find at NL50 my river bluffs get called by 4th 5th pair. (Maybe thats just coz its me, lol)

The advantage with cash is u get to know ur player, ur guna be sat with em for a long time, so while ur card dead, n folding, make sure ur watching everything, what cards ppl are playing, how much their betting etc etc.

Being card ded isnt much fun, but its not disasterous in cash, theres no pressure to play at all.

Stay patient, the big pay offs will happen when 2 big hands collide, set over set etc. At this level, ur sets, 2 pairs etc WILL get paid off by poorer hands, so all I can really say is bet ur hands strongly, dont slow play, limp in position with marginal hands rather than raising.

Just play ya cards basically, dnt worry too much about looking tight, or your image in genral. Keep it simple, and ull make money :) !!

GL! DOHH

• edited January 2010
    Thanks bud.

How was you new year??

Think i might try build a small (but bigger than my current) BR on DYM.

And then turn to playing 2 or 3 cash tables at the same time, to stop the inevitably of me finding it tedious and blowing off money :)
  • edited January 2010
    P.s

IM actually hitting everything in the Soccer 6 free roll :P currently 3rd out of 178 :D
  • edited January 2010

Nooo dnt run b4 ya can walk, n knowing ur luck ull get dealt aces on all 3 at once n ur lappy will crash!

- (Might be a blessing in disguise n save ya 3 buy ins!)

Play 1 cash n 2 DYMS or something, but dnt go krazy multi tabling at cash, need to watch ur oppos carefully. DYM is ok coz its ABC.

New year was rubbish, was in bed all day bad, went out yest to mek up for it n again, Im paying for it today. Dnt mind suffering in bed on a satdurday - Loads of sport on the box.

Been running bad myself, and playing bad (sure its due to illness n lack of alcohol!) - N to make it worse I cnt re-deposit what Ive won until the 7th, lost my card xmas eve and had to cancel it. Found it agen xmas mornin, that sums my luk up l8ly.

Guna have to drop down the levels, might hunt ya down n come terrorise ya on the cash tables!! muwaha

GL with the FR! and in genral!

DOHH

• edited January 2010
    About to be blinded out.

Not 1 picture card in my last 10 hands.. WHY ME!