You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

freerolls poker points

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat
I'd like to know what people think of sky's supposedly freerolls, i ask myself and the sky team how can they call them freerolls when in most cases you need poker points to enter, to gain poker points you must play cash games and tournaments so other than the free 500 sign up poker points you are infact paying for your freeroll so therefore I think they shouldn't really be called freeroll, what does everyone else think or is it just me that thinks it's slightly unfair? 

Comments

• edited April 2014
    i consider them a freeroll
    when i can i play and the points are accrued as i go. i don't play to gain points so they are an extra.
    so when there is a tournie "costing" just points i consider it a free tournie as it is an extra one i've gained from just my normal play

gl
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to freerolls poker points:
    I'd like to know what people think of sky's supposedly freerolls, i ask myself and the sky team how can they call them freerolls when in most cases you need poker points to enter, to gain poker points you must play cash games and tournaments so other than the free 500 sign up poker points you are infact paying for your freeroll so therefore I think they shouldn't really be called freeroll, what does everyone else think or is it just me that thinks it's slightly unfair? 
    Posted by ace1981
    So basically, you just want Sky to hand you money yeah?

They ARE freerolls. They cost a zero monetary amount to enter. You even get 500 points for free upon registering, thus enabling you to play numerous tournaments at no cost whatsoever.

God forbid, once you've used up your 500 points, that you might have to put down a few quid on the site to carry on playing. Unreal eh? How do Sky sleep at night?
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to freerolls poker points:
    Posted by ace1981
    LOL. Irony is lost on some it seems.
  • edited April 2014

Ace freerolls are there to give back to players that play on the site and spend money on the site.

You wouldn't go to Tescos and get your shopping for free.

If someone spent 0 money on the site, and didn't contribute any rake, then it is right their access to "freerolls" should be limited.

• edited April 2014
    I consider them freerolls for people that play on the site. So yes I think they are fair. The 50 pts buy in is a bit steep probably should be 25pts.

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: freerolls poker points:
    Ace freerolls are there to give back to players that play on the site and spend money on the site. You wouldn't go to Tescos and get your shopping for free. If someone spent 0 money on the site, and didn't contribute any rake, then it is right their access to "freerolls" should be limited.
    Posted by LARSON7
    For the most part, yes.

If there was zero barrier to entry, there'd be thousands of players registering for them who have never played here, & have no intention of doing so, & they'd be depriving the regulars of opportunity & diluting value.

It's awkward really, as whatever they cut it, it's impossible to please everyone.

• edited April 2014
    I agree Tikay.With the current system at least the freerolls arent swamped with loads of players who do not play on the site.Just as an aside to this,I just checked my account and I have over 19000 poker points.These must have accumulated in the days before Cash for Points/Rewards.There must be quite a few other players on the site in a similar situation.If I played every freeroll,every day it would take months to use them up.Maybe you could ask the suits to put on a few freerolls with bigger poker point buy-ins.I believe the biggest pp buy-in atm is 50 points.
  • edited April 2014
    i consider them a freeroll when i can i play and the points are accrued as i go. i don't play to gain points so they are an extra. so when there is a tournie "costing" just points i consider it a free tournie as it is an extra one i've gained from just my normal play gl
    Posted by walesboy
    pokerstars freerolls are completely free no points they do have a ticket freeroll but other than them all freerolls are free no points required no need to deposit surely that's a real "free"roll. 
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: freerolls poker points : pokerstars freerolls are completely free no points they do have a ticket freeroll but other than them all freerolls are free no points required no need to deposit surely that's a real "free"roll. 
    Posted by ace1981
    They also seem to have over 10,000 runners in most of them, requiring you to put in about 5-6 hours of play to win less than $1... and a site which is multiples the size (and budget) of any other poker room!

As a micro player, give me the small number of poker point ones on Sky any day.
  • edited April 2014
    I got a free roll from tescos once,we'll it wasn't exactly free by definition,I had to climb a fence and rummage through a skip thus dirtying my trousers which I then had to wash so it cost me monies to put the washing machine on.gah tescos eh,I'm never rummaging through their bins again,it's a fix!
  • edited April 2014
    I have just joined the site and was wondering about freerolls, I thought I got 4 to enter as a new player? but have only found 1 to enter, I couldn't play but but noticed 95% of the field cashed so entered anyway and cashed for peanuts.
    Have since turned my £20 of tokens into £43.77 CASH and have gained nearly 90 points 
    so you don't need to deposit and can still earn points,I think freerolls are just that. FREE