You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

GREYHOUND DERBY

Comments

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: GREYHOUND DERBY:
    In Response to Re: GREYHOUND DERBY : Unlucky bazzer Although it does my Mind the Net a right favour! 
    Posted by BADBOY985
    CHEERS MATE-SOD'S LAW OR WHAT ? I THINK YOU'VE GOT TO BEAT CHAARLIE LISTER'S IN T 1
  • edited May 2014
    NOW COMES THE CRUNCH- 3 RACES IN A WEEK-SORT THE MEN FROM THE BOYS.
  • edited May 2014
    NOW COMES THE CRUNCH- 3 RACES IN A WEEK-SORT THE MEN FROM THE BOYS.
    Posted by bazzer61
    Can hardly wait for this. Hopefully no more injuries (or as few as possible) cos its shaping up to be  a cracker.

Shame that Sky pay for the broadcasting rights and then hide it away on the red button FFS. Live golf is on literally 4 days out of 7, 52 weeks of the year. That should be on the red button
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: GREYHOUND DERBY : Can hardly wait for this. Hopefully no more injuries (or as few as possible) cos its shaping up to be  a cracker. Shame that Sky pay for the broadcasting rights and then hide it away on the red button FFS. Live golf is on literally 4 days out of 7, 52 weeks of the year. That should be on the red button
    Posted by ff55hh
    FFs is it not on Chanel 212 this week?
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: GREYHOUND DERBY : FFs is it not on Chanel 212 this week?
    Posted by BADBOY985
    Sadly not, Sky have the rights to it from now on. Crayford + Newcastle on RPGTV tomorrow
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: GREYHOUND DERBY : Sadly not, Sky have the rights to it from now on. Crayford + Newcastle on RPGTV tomorrow
    Posted by ff55hh
    Bo!!ox feckin sky!
    Out tommorrow Night at family party
    Was gonna record it and watch it Sunday morning with a egg and bacon butty and half a dozen neurofen
  • edited May 2014
    If you're waiting until Sunday morning the GreyhoundsNow youtube channel will have full replays up.

I'm not sure exactly when they post them though.
  • edited May 2014
    Decent night for the portfolio. Aero Nemesis 1st and Ecclestone 2nd in same race.

Poor El Flutter is out but he'll be a force over longer distances so don't forget about him!!

QF on Tuesday on SS4

1st quarter final

1 Brother John

2 Salad Dodger

3 Aero Nemesis  (w)

4 Vanrooney (w)

5 Thatchers Champ (w)

6 Fiery Splendour (w)

2nd quarter final

1 Crokers Champ

2 Sidarian Teejay

3  Blackrose Vic

4 Kincraig Rory (m)

5 Holdem Spy (w)

6 Laughill George (w)

3rd quarter final

1 Ballymac Loch

2 Jaytee Hawaii

3 Metro Jack

4 Jet Stream Duke (m)

5 Mind The Net (m)

6 Ecclestone (w)

4th quarter final

1  Jordans Brianna

2 Droopys Ward

3 Farley Chicken

4 Farloe Trent (w)

5 Roxholme Ted  (w)

6 Up To It (w)
  • edited May 2014
    ecclestone still in :)
  • edited May 2014
    Decent night for the portfolio. Aero Nemesis 1st and Ecclestone 2nd in same race. Poor El Flutter is out but he'll be a force over longer distances so don't forget about him!! QF on Tuesday on SS4 1st quarter final 1 Brother John 2 Salad Dodger 3 Aero Nemesis  (w) 4 Vanrooney (w) 5 Thatchers Champ (w) 6 Fiery Splendour (w) 2nd quarter final 1 Crokers Champ 2 Sidarian Teejay 3  Blackrose Vic 4 Kincraig Rory (m) 5 Holdem Spy (w) 6 Laughill George (w) 3rd quarter final 1 Ballymac Loch 2 Jaytee Hawaii 3 Metro Jack 4 Jet Stream Duke (m) 5 Mind The Net (m) 6 Ecclestone (w) 4th quarter final 1  Jordans Brianna 2 Droopys Ward 3 Farley Chicken 4 Farloe Trent (w) 5 Roxholme Ted  (w) 6 Up To It (w)
    Posted by ff55hh
    MESSAGE TO RAB MCNAIR-YOUR 2 HAVE TO GO LIKE ***** IN 4 TH 1/4/ FINAL,BUT FINGERS CROSSED- NO-ONE I'D LIKE TO SEE WIN IT MORE.
  • edited May 2014
    ff5hh
    Thanks for [posting the trap draws mate.
  • edited May 2014
    Both mine still in
    Saw mind the nets heat think putting it to second favourite after that is a bit of an overreaction
    Nice lead from trap 1 trap 2 vacant.so the race was set up perfectly for him.
    Happy to see him in trap 5 for the next round,think he runs better from wider..
    Haven't see sindarian tee jays heat but sound like he just scraped through.
    212 are reviewing all the heats from 6.15 tonight
  • edited May 2014
    Badboy, on another forum someone asked if there was a live stream for the dogs.

I only just saw it so I can't say if its any good or not. 

Thats it^^

• edited May 2014

JAYTEE HAWAII 

CREEP THROUGH TO FINAL 40/1 E/W 1ST 4 PAID
  • edited May 2014
    Kept my powder dry up til now. But I saw a dog beaten last night that took my eye. Crokers Champ is it's name. After leading easily in the 1st two rounds, it had to fight to get to the lead last night, only securing the lead rounding the 2nd bend. The result being one of the strongest stayers in the event Holdem Spy, turned a very handy 4th. And although Holdem Spy took the lead up rounding the last bend, Crokers Champ stayed with him, and even went back in front on the way to the pick up.

I'd bet a large chunk that my fancy turns the form round with Holdem Spy on Tues Night, given it has less early pace to contend with. 12/1 ew 1st four to win the event is too big. I'm on.
  • edited May 2014
    Kept my powder dry up til now. But I saw a dog beaten last night that took my eye. Crokers Champ is it's name. After leading easily in the 1st two rounds, it had to fight to get to the lead last night, only securing the lead rounding the 2nd bend. The result being one of the strongest stayers in the event Holdem Spy, turned a very handy 4th. And although Holdem Spy took the lead up rounding the last bend, Crokers Champ stayed with him, and even went back in front on the way to the pick up. I'd bet a large chunk that my fancy turns the form round with Holdem Spy on Tues Night, given it has less early pace to contend with. 12/1 ew 1st four to win the event is too big. I'm on.
    Posted by joesman1
    Very interesting that Skybet went 10/1 from 12's within an hour of me posting the above. It wasn't my money. 
  • edited May 2014
    Lot of more knowledgable people than me are virtualy in love with Holdem Spy but I don't fancy him for the win either (and certainly not @ 7/1)

He did run wide and won going away from Crokers Champ. Dissapointing run from Ballygibbon King, he impressed me the most in Rd 2 (apart from injured Droopys Odell) and was the only value @ 25/1 at that stage (IMO) Lucky I didn't expand the portfolio though :D

My favourite, El Flutter lost here too :'( Excited about his next assignment though, he'll be a force over 6 bends.

Strongly fancy Crokers Champ to qualify from that heat though. Good draw, like you said.

• edited May 2014
    Lot of more knowledgable people than me are virtualy in love with Holdem Spy but I don't fancy him for the win either (and certainly not @ 7/1) He did run wide and won going away from Crokers Champ. Dissapointing run from Ballygibbon King, he impressed me the most in Rd 2 (apart from injured Droopys Odell) and was the only value @ 25/1 at that stage (IMO) Lucky I didn't expand the portfolio though :D My favourite, El Flutter lost here too :'( Excited about his next assignment though, he'll be a force over 6 bends. Strongly fancy Crokers Champ to qualify from that heat though. Good draw, like you said. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsLNHMyBZNs
    Posted by ff55hh
    You were defo watching a different race from me if u think we won 'going away'.......
  • edited May 2014
    Lot of more knowledgable people than me are virtualy in love with Holdem Spy but I don't fancy him for the win either (and certainly not @ 7/1) He did run wide and won going away from Crokers Champ. Dissapointing run from Ballygibbon King, he impressed me the most in Rd 2 (apart from injured Droopys Odell) and was the only value @ 25/1 at that stage (IMO) Lucky I didn't expand the portfolio though :D My favourite, El Flutter lost here too :'( Excited about his next assignment though, he'll be a force over 6 bends. Strongly fancy Crokers Champ to qualify from that heat though. Good draw, like you said. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsLNHMyBZNs
    Posted by ff55hh
    That's the wrong race u have copied/pasted. I'm sure it's last years 3rd round u have watched. 
  • edited May 2014
    Wow, thats pretty idiotic (even by my standards)

Thank god I didn't lay him off on that evidence.

Note to self: Keep away from betting/forums whilst drunk :-S
  • edited May 2014
    Major dilemma tomorrow....

Got pool league in the night  but Greyound Derby, ENG v SL, IPL and eastenders all on at the same time

:'(
  • edited May 2014
    Think the first heat is the strongest of the night 

fiery splendour for me
  • edited May 2014
    1 in 1 just out

loving mind the nets run

cant wait till saturday.
  • edited May 2014
    ecclestone still in :)  still got my bet going 
  • edited May 2014
    Good night for the portfolio. Managed to watch the races from the correct year which was a nice change!!

Ecclestone @ 50s and Aero nemesis @ 33s

Aero Nemesis cramped up after the race according to the BF forum.

Greening up at some stage. BOOOOM!!!
  • edited May 2014
    FINGERS CROSSED FOR JORDAN'S BRIANNA-THAT WAS AS BAD A FALL AS I'VE EVER SEEN-NO N EWS ON RP WEBSITE
    YET,UNDERSTAND CHARLIE'S OWN VET WILL SEE HIM TODAY.
    MUCH AS I'D LIKE TO SEE RAB MCNAIR WIN THIS(YOU NEVER KNOW),I HAVE NOW TO GO WITH AERO NEMESIS  WITH THAT DRAW.
  • edited May 2014
    Racing post:

The word on Jordans Brianna in the immediate aftermath – he broke down and fell at the bend – was that there was a shoulder injury which whilst obviously a bad one,  might have been far worse. However, the dog will now go for x-rays.
  • edited May 2014
    Just seen the racing. V happy with Crokers, showed he's not a one trick pony. Excellent he's drawn the softer semi too, not overly bothered about trap 5, little pace on his inside.
  • edited May 2014
    Racing post:  The word on Jordans Brianna in the immediate aftermath – he broke down and fell at the bend – was that there was a shoulder injury which whilst obviously a bad one,  might have been far worse. However, the dog will now go for x-rays.
    Posted by ff55hh
    CHEERS.SHOULD BE FURTHER NEWS TONIGHT ON RPGTV-PHIL DONALDSON IS IN TOUCH WITH THE LISTER KENNELS.
  • edited May 2014
    I KNOW THIS IS CRAZY,BUT HOW ABOUT "SIR"ERIC(CANTILLON AT HENLOW)CAUSING A VERY MAJOR UPSET
    WITH THE BLACKROSE DOG-RAN PRETTY GOOD IN HIS 1/4 FINAL.
    MIGHT BE INTERESTING IN F/CAST OR T/CAST COMBOS.-SMALL STAKES OF COURSE !!!!!!! LOL.