You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday Night Live with Sarah and Reds *****official show thread*****

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat
Hi Sarah you mean Mastercash from 7pm as the Bounty Hunter starts at 8pm? :-)

1) What ONE thing would you say has improved your game the most?

Learning to control pots alot more in MTTs

2) What's the BEST piece of advice you've been given and who was it by?

Advice on pot control from Mr Spittles and Mr Thew 

3) What's the MOST common reaction you get when you tell people you play poker?

As a recreational player i don't really tend to tell people too much. Reaction from my friends are often that they are not suprised because i always used to crush them when we played together :-)

Comments

• edited April 2014
    "I WON! I bloody WON!!!!!!"

That's tweet of the year for me, just wanted to echo what's been said already but ruddy well done to Victoria Coren, an inspiration to us all...

Flying the flag for people who play poker '...primarily for fun. You don't have to be a full time professional or a teenage maths graduate that studies videos all day long' and I LOVE that she celebrated with room service in her hotel!  A girl after my own heart *I'm just back from a tour of the US and spent my night in Sin City eating chicken wings in bed.  I'm not proud*

So on to the show!  We've got five hours of pokertainment aimed at educating informing and entertaining your Thursday night so three quick questions with that in mind:

Looking forward to the answers on that last one ;-) and back to Vicky for a minute - it's just brilliant that poker has gained some positive column inches thanks to her win this week.

Let us know if you're in the main event we'll be looking at the Master Cash tables from 7pm with Top Of The Pots at 8, The Poker Clinic at 9, Back to Master Cash at 10 then our main event the 12K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter at 11

See you then!

Sarah xx
  • edited April 2014
    Whoops!  Edited!  Thanks Matt! 

Sx
  • edited April 2014
    No problem, look forward to tonights show :-) x
  • edited April 2014
     Hi Sarah, gl innit----

1. Learning how to suffer fools gladly ( from watching Tikay and Orford )

2. Don't call in every +ev spot-- (julian thew at spt dublin)

3. "oh, I would'nt have a clue"----- or similar
  • edited April 2014

Looking forward to the show, Sarah & Reds,

Getting Valueable advice from my Team Mates in the DRAGONS.

Best advice i've been given is BET SIZING in MTT's by DIVSDREAMS

Do you win much.
  • edited April 2014
    hey sarah 

my games hasnt improved much ha

best poker advice is when im watching you guys 

also just booked my seat into the 12k B/H for 3:30 :)
  • edited April 2014

taker your time

Try some different lines. (not 100% sure on who said it now, was in a skype group full of people)

But how much did you lose? 
  • edited April 2014
    Hey hey hey have a good show guys...

1) What ONE thing would you say has improved your game the most? To stop over-estimating how many people bluff at lower stakes. If it looks like a duck. walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's PROBABLY a duck. Fold!

2) What's the BEST piece of advice you've been given and who was it by? It was something like, don't fall in love with Aces in cash games - you'll usually win a small pot or lose a big pot, so make sure you win the small pot early! Something like that anyway, it was from Kimble76 so laugh at him if it sounds stupid.

3) What's the MOST common reaction you get when you tell people you play poker? People usually assume your a gambling addict and don't believe you when you tell them you have won more than you have lost, and that there IS a certain element of skill & strategy involved in playing!
  • edited April 2014
    1) What ONE thing would you say has improved your game the most?                             watching the show
    2) What's the BEST piece of advice you've been given and who was it by?                     whatever you do in life never try to be anybody else but your self by my dad
    3) What's the MOST common reaction you get when you tell people you play poker?            ooohh do you play poker i dont know how to play
  • edited April 2014
    Hey guys,

Here's a hand for the poker clinic...

It's from Mastercash 9

Redmond, do you think I slowplayed this hand too much. We're pretty deepstacked so should probably have tried to build the pot up before the river. Do you prefer raising the flop or the turn? As played am I right to check the river to let missed draws bluff etc... but then lots of marginal hands check back after getting 2 calls on every street

Hand History #767202890 (02:05 15/04/2014)

============================================

Learning the discipline to bet/fold against loose/passive people when I plan to and not get enticed by the odds I'm being offered.

Can't remember a specific person that said it, a few people have, but not to over-estimate your edge and assume you can try and win every handsagainst weaker players

+1 to the_Don, you tell somehow how much you won and they ask 'but how much did yo lose'... that's usually my mum.
  • edited April 2014
    good evening, great show.

my cash table poker as a whole, last year i would be playing ABC poker but now I can play a much more various range depending on position and table dynamic

MTTs can destroy a bankroll in no time and the losses add up quickly due to the massive amount of varience, cash tables is where i should play for money, MTTs should be fun and occasional. from sky community

poker is gambling and gambling is pure luck. so get that money out before you loose it.
  • edited April 2014
  • edited April 2014

Guten abend fräulein Champion und herr Lee.

Sarah, I remember that hand you lost against CTBN as I was at the table. If it helps you feel better, just bear in mind that, a few hands later, you folded a set against me... and you were correct to do so. *sigh* :(

Discussing hands with other players on the Poker Clinic, Skype and (very rarely) in person.

Don't
    eat the yellow snow - My Dad + The Simpsons.

"Would you play Ace-five?"... No, wait, I'm getting myself mixed up with James Hartigan.

Have a bonny show.

• edited April 2014
    Llistening to classical music whilst i play, especially when i lose with aces, helps me avoiding tilting to much 
    Tthe night before a big tournament, goto bed early and drink coconut milk. Tthe next day i won £4500 in a £50 freezeout. Best advice ever, from my housemate
    I dont tell anyone, playing poker is like being a MI5 spy, Top secrecy shhhhh

Good show guys your both looking fantabydoubulous, (especially sarah) :P
  • edited April 2014
    Best advice - Don't shuffle the pack in 3-card brag
  • edited April 2014
    Evening both,

Question for Reds

what is a common leak you see, in heads up players

• edited April 2014
    Thank you for your answer.
  • edited April 2014
    Just had pretty much the most heart breaking moment I can remember for a long time in poker...

I was sitting 3rd out of 60 (52 paid) in the main event, meant to bet 2300 and when typing in my bet mistyped 23,000 into one of the only guys that had close to my stack and unfortunately he had a hand strong enough to call.... snapped me off with a set and I was drawing dead. I was left with about 5xBB and from being 3/60 ended up finishing about 5 off the money.

You think it's pretty standard to just snap leave all your cash tables after that and close down the session Redmond? It's what I did anyway lol.

• edited April 2014
    i had a great MTT run back in march but that one was soon followed by disasterous positive tilt, so following on from the main event i hope that i have learned my lesson from the past rather than thinking i will win MTT easy.
    at the early stages i had an AK and the SB jammed 3000 chips into a pot which was 1500 the flop was AQ8 2 diamonds and so i called and it was A10 and an A7 so i tripled up and was thankfully still ahead. but risks are much greater in these so bad beat can be stressful.
  • edited April 2014

Sarah, I'm not just saying this because you like to fold AA pre-flop, but you should come back on the tables soon.

Who on Earth would try to get into your head on the chat box? What kind of person would do such a thing? lol

Be sure to let me know the next time you're playing. ;)
    Great show as always.