You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sky poker

the site has a good choice of games its just the amount of river twist to give trailing hand the win is unreal its a shame really because it lets the site down

Comments

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: sky poker:
    In Response to sky poker : and the amount of times pocket pairs clash is just not believable that its not in some way manipulated... and then you get the four card flush that appears with uncanny regularity to beat the over pair!!! Sure these things happen on every site but no where near as often.... I rarely play on sky these days because the rules don't seem to apply to certain people ( I can't be more open about it because I've already been threatened with a forum ban), the software is totally unreliable and I've never felt comfortable that all the hands are genuinely random.. I played one bounty hunter today and tbh most of the small pairs I mucked pre unless I was in the bb, I missed the odd chance to win a few chips but nothing major, Got down to the last 12 or 13, 10 paid... I was bb with 77 it was folded around to the sb...  who had the inevitable over pair... to say its predictable would be understating it..., 
    Posted by EASYFIX
     u cheque small pair u will alays get beat on river miracle cards is an understatment
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to sky poker : and the amount of times pocket pairs clash is just not believable that its not in some way manipulated... and then you get the four card flush that appears with uncanny regularity to beat the over pair!!! Sure these things happen on every site but no where near as often.... I rarely play on sky these days because the rules don't seem to apply to certain people ( I can't be more open about it because I've already been threatened with a forum ban), the software is totally unreliable and I've never felt comfortable that all the hands are genuinely random.. I played one bounty hunter today and tbh most of the small pairs I mucked pre unless I was in the bb, I missed the odd chance to win a few chips but nothing major, Got down to the last 12 or 13, 10 paid... I was bb with 77 it was folded around to the sb...  who had the inevitable over pair... to say its predictable would be understating it...
    Posted by EASYFIX
  • edited April 2014
    just had the misfortune to run into another player on sky,s payroll
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to sky poker:
    the site has a good choice of games its just the amount of river twist to give trailing hand the win is unreal its a shame really because it lets the site down
    Posted by saraman07
    purely as  matter of interest can any of you guys who are interested in the odd's on hands and how they play out answer me this....

what are the odds on a player being dealt a pocket pair and going all in, running into a player with an over, yet winning the hand by hitting a four card flush on the river...

must be fairly low cus it see it very often on sky, just played a sng and saw 10 10 v 4 4, 10's hit a 10 on the flop but still lost to a flush on the river... odd's please guys 
  • edited April 2014
    I had a go at this one . . . .

If you've a pocket pair, and the oppo is holding one of the suits that make up the flush, it means there are 11 other suited cards left unseen? Assuming three hit the flop I worked it out at around 348-1 (1/349) for a pocket pair to draw to a flush after a shove. Bearing in mind the amount of times a pocket pair is shoved across the site each day, I wouldn't think it's that rare an outcome. The probability of two pocket pairs running into each other is 1/289 (1/17 x 1/17). How often do you see that happening?
  • edited April 2014
    I had a go at this one . . . . If you've a pocket pair, and the oppo is holding one of the suits that make up the flush, it means there are 11 other suited cards left unseen? Assuming three hit the flop I worked it out at around 348-1 (1/349) for a pocket pair to draw to a flush after a shove. Bearing in mind the amount of times a pocket pair is shoved across the site each day, I wouldn't think it's that rare an outcome. The probability of two pocket pairs running into each other is 1/289 (1/17 x 1/17). How often do you see that happening?
    Posted by Goethe
    Nope.  You forgot that there are 6 players and they all have a chance of getting a pocket pair.  On a 6max table there are 30 different seating combinations that two random players can occupy so the correct odds that 2 random people have a pocket pair is 30/289.  If you are dealt a pocket pair then the odds of no one else getting a pocket pair are (16*16*16*16*16)/(17*17*17*17*17) or about 73.85% so the odds of at least one other player getting a pocket pair given that you have one are about 26.15%

These figures are very rough as I haven't bothered to do the exact calculations as the odds of a second person getting a pocket pair isn't exactly 1/17 due to you having two cards already and they need to be taken out of the calculations
  • edited April 2014
    If its that bad why do you guys continue to play on the site ? you do realize it is not possible to fix a site or whatever you guys want to call it... poker is poker and if yu cant take the swings dont play, the worrying thing is it is only loosing players who blame the site or the software so if your really intrested in the game try plugging some leaks instead of blaming everything and everyone.. 
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: sky poker : Nope.  You forgot that there are 6 players and they all have a chance of getting a pocket pair.  On a 6max table there are 30 different seating combinations that two random players can occupy so the correct odds that 2 random people have a pocket pair is 30/289.  If you are dealt a pocket pair then the odds of no one else getting a pocket pair are (16*16*16*16*16)/(17*17*17*17*17) or about 73.85% so the odds of at least one other player getting a pocket pair given that you have one are about 26.15% These figures are very rough as I haven't bothered to do the exact calculations as the odds of a second person getting a pocket pair isn't exactly 1/17 due to you having two cards already and they need to be taken out of the calculations
    Posted by cenachav
    I stand corrected. Thanks.

Afterthought: Silly me for failing to take account of the other four players ! ! !  :-(
  • edited April 2014
    If its that bad why do you guys continue to play on the site ? you do realize it is not possible to fix a site or whatever you guys want to call it... poker is poker and if yu cant take the swings dont play, the worrying thing is it is only loosing players who blame the site or the software so if your really intrested in the game try plugging some leaks instead of blaming everything and everyone.. 
    Posted by K8LOU
    ok I'll answer this one bit at a time. I apologise for doing it this way but its because every time I get a few minutes into writing out my reply an alert for the main or something else pops up and freezes the screen ....

The reason I play on sky is because its English and so am I. I enjoy the chat that goes on and when people are talking about  politics, football, how useless we are at cricket I know what they are talking about... it makes a welcome change from listening to conversations about hurling, Gaelic football or how much less you get for a heifer than you use too... why do I live here, cus it way more laid back and people don't get their heads up there a**e over little things like they do back home!!   ok hope that covers the first part of your comment
  • edited April 2014
    Posted by K8LOU
    If you think its not possible to run a sub routine off a main program with lets call them prepared hands to create action then I'm afraid your away with the fairy's... in case you hadn't noticed people have been hacking into military, bank and even your home computer for years... I'm not accusing sky of doing it but I do think hands that might be expected to occur once in a blue moon happen more often than would be reasonably expected... its a personnel opinion but as I play regularly on two other sites and see these hands only rarely its a natural suspicion ...

I have a close friend here that runs his own business repairing computers and I asked him once how easy it would be to fix an RNG. He just laughed and said too easy when your on the inside...

• edited April 2014
    Posted by K8LOU
    as for being a losing player, I stopped counting how many games I'd won on sky when it got past 30 and that was a good while ago. Unfortunately the closest I've come to winning the main was a 2nd but I rarely play them anyway for my own reasons... I played a handful of tournys on sky last week and managed to win one, can't remember exactly what it was a 400bh I think... to be honest I imagine after 3 or 4 years of playing on sky I'm a bit up still... I'd be happy enough for sky to clarify that if there response was accurate... so I don't consider my opinion to be a bitter one because I'm losing loads of money!!!  
  • edited April 2014
    Posted by K8LOU
    to sum up really I win on other sites and there is a well known and respected player on this site who could confirm that but I wont put his name up without asking him first, he's watched me play and win on other sites so I'd like to think my opinion has some honesty and integrity behind it and is not baseless... but either way I respect your opinion.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: sky poker : as for being a losing player, I stopped counting how many games I'd won on sky when it got past 30 and that was a good while ago. Unfortunately the closest I've come to winning the main was a 2nd but I rarely play them anyway for my own reasons... I played a handful of tournys on sky last week and managed to win one, can't remember exactly what it was a 400bh I think... to be honest I imagine after 3 or 4 years of playing on sky I'm a bit up still... I'd be happy enough for sky to clarify that if there response was accurate... so I don't consider my opinion to be a bitter one because I'm losing loads of money!!!  
    Posted by EASYFIX
    just to correct myself out of 10 bh's I played on sky last month (according to "my tables") I won one 600 and was 2nd in another.... I try to make sure if I print something on here it is accurate..
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: sky poker : I stand corrected. Thanks. Afterthought: Silly me for failing to take account of the other four players ! ! !  :-(
    Posted by Goethe
    No problem, easy mistake to make :)
  • edited April 2014
    . . . . but I do think hands that might be expected to occur once in a blue moon happen more often than would be reasonably expected...
    Posted by EASYFIX
    I can't think of a single poker site I've played on (although it's not that many) that publish global raw stats data for analysis, ie that can be used to determine, say, the percentage of drawers of any particular ilk over any given period as a %age of the total, and whether there is any "clumping" that would push the results of sub-sets outside of statistical norms. When I first started playing, SkyPoker did have a page giving the breakdown of starting hands over the last million (I think) dealt but they no longer do this.

So it's not possible to test the outcomes of any poker site for statistical normality. All you can do then is place trust in the fact that nothing untoward is going on, and if you believe this is not the case and you're not getting a fair game, vote with your feet. It really comes down to that.

As to your friend's comment around building in tweaks to the software he's right - not difficult at all, although it's not the RNG element that would be tampered with, but the routines afterwards that take the RNG output and use it to determine the final outcome.

In the five years or so since I've been playing online poker, I've seen successions of results, the odds of which when taken together, are off the Richter Scale. As a result of what I've personally experienced in the the past, I do have reservations, and it's one reason why I don't play online for more than pennies (from which I derive fair entertainment value). You may choose not to play on this site at all?

The fact that most employees of online poker sites are clueless as to the mechanics of how their site's software actually functions, and in response to concerns do no more than come out with the party line of how the RnG is certified bla bla bla does little to inspire confidence. But I've said all of this before  . . . . . .

Good cards (wherever you choose to play).

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: sky poker : No problem, easy mistake to make :)
    Posted by cenachav
    The first one I sat down with a (f)ag packet and pen and worked out. The second I just rattled off without thinking about it . . . . . (story of my life).
  • edited April 2014
    I agree with you saraman just had aces bust by jacks hit a jack and kings bust by sevens hit a seven number of 1-4 outers that hit in tournamnets because the other player has more chips and can therefore take you out are unreal its all so you buy into another tourney or cash or whatever p! looks after the donk players and top staks and high rollers massively any help for the grinders of this world.....course not! sky need to sort it out
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: sky poker : I can't think of a single poker site I've played on (although it's not that many) that publish global raw stats data for analysis, ie that can be used to determine, say, the percentage of drawers of any particular ilk over any given period as a %age of the total, and whether there is any "clumping" that would push the results of sub-sets outside of statistical norms. When I first started playing, SkyPoker did have a page giving the breakdown of starting hands over the last million (I think) dealt but they no longer do this. So it's not possible to test the outcomes of any poker site for statistical normality. All you can do then is place trust in the fact that nothing untoward is going on, and if you believe this is not the case and you're not getting a fair game, vote with your feet. It really comes down to that. As to your friend's comment around building in tweaks to the software he's right - not difficult at all, although it's not the RNG element that would be tampered with, but the routines afterwards that take the RNG output and use it to determine the final outcome. In the five years or so since I've been playing online poker, I've seen successions of results, the odds of which when taken together, are off the Richter Scale. As a result of what I've personally experienced in the the past, I do have reservations, and it's one reason why I don't play online for more than pennies (from which I derive fair entertainment value). You may choose not to play on this site at all? The fact that most employees of online poker sites are clueless as to the mechanics of how their site's software actually functions, and in response to concerns do no more than come out with the party line of how the RnG is certified bla bla bla does little to inspire confidence. But I've said all of this before  . . . . . . Good cards (wherever you choose to play).
    Posted by Goethe
    Your right, best thing to do is vote with your feet and mine are heading towards the door.... 

There isn't just one reason why I decided to move and actually its not an easy decision because as I've said in previous posts I enjoy playing on sky because it English...   

Trouble is its the whole package seems to have gone downhill be it software reliability or value for money compared to other sites. Since the Christmas bounty hunter a couple of years ago that froze there always seems to be another then another issue with the software on sky. Its never been properly sorted out. I can't get my head around it really.... why can't someone draw a line under it, accept it doesn't work as well as its supposed to and go buy it off 888 or another site or whoever they got it off.... DTD hasn't been running long and they don't have problems or none I've seen and I play on that site!!! 

I imagine we've all experienced the table freezing or the cards not turning after you've moved tables... you contact sky and you get "send us a screen shot" or "clear your browser history"  I'm tired off being fobbed off.... all I want is to be able to sit down and play poker win or lose and enjoy it. Tonight twice tables I'd left popped up again covering other tables I was playing, why are they coming up when I'm not on them!!!!

So sorry sky I'll close the door on my way out, goodluck. 
  • edited April 2014
    Could be a problem with the Adobe Flashplayer component of your browser (if you use the flash option).

Would suggest upgrading your browser to the latest release,
    Upgrading Flash to the latest release,
    Try using a different browser,
    Update the display drivers on your PC (or whatever)

Checking to see that all of the RAM installed is picked up and used
     (could have a dodgy chip, it's happened to me before).

Some of these may help.

Good luck.
  • edited April 2014
    Could be a problem with the Adobe Flashplayer component of your browser (if you use the flash option). Would suggest upgrading your browser to the latest release, Upgrading Flash to the latest release, Try using a different browser, Update the display drivers on your PC (or whatever) Checking to see that all of the RAM installed is picked up and used  (could have a dodgy chip, it's happened to me before). Some of these may help. Good luck.
    Posted by Goethe
    Thanks for taking the time to post your advice but my computer is all up to date, in fact I actually have two at home which are independent of each other and I still have problems on both when playing on sky......

Tbh having seen sky was down again today and also the posts from other people sadly I'm sure I've made the right decision to move to another site and so far its paying off not massively but my bankroll is making steady upward progress. There is one game I might mention to sky that caught my interest, its a 10 player 5 euro buy, win 5 in a row there's a 29,000 euro bonus..... yea no mean feat to pull it off but it adds a bit more interest to it  

just mention it as there are a few different ones at different buy in levels and its something sky might consider as it never seems to take long to get another one up and running... anyway gl all regards, jerry.     
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: sky poker : Thanks for taking the time to post your advice but my computer is all up to date, in fact I actually have two at home which are independent of each other and I still have problems on both when playing on sky...... Tbh having seen sky was down again today and also the posts from other people sadly I'm sure I've made the right decision to move to another site and so far its paying off not massively but my bankroll is making steady upward progress. There is one game I might mention to sky that caught my interest, its a 10 player 5 euro buy, win 5 in a row there's a 29,000 euro bonus..... yea no mean feat to pull it off but it adds a bit more interest to it   just mention it as there are a few different ones at different buy in levels and its something sky might consider as it never seems to take long to get another one up and running... anyway gl all regards, jerry.     
    Posted by EASYFIX
    just to clarify that, the 29,000 is a progressive jackpot which starts at 15,000 but is presently up to 29,000
  • edited April 2014
    Out of curiousity, and bearing in mind the crux of your original post, you may be interested to read my whinge in the Brags, Beats and Variance section of the forum (entitled "Becoming really boring now . . . "), and the responses from other members. The most useful comment is along the lines that "it's a volume business" (my quote) and continuing to play, or playing more, will result in the current dismal succession of results I've experienced to average out. Trouble is, I'm not quite sure that my mental health is resiliant enough to last until they do.

I've decided to take a break as well.