You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What would you do now?

GliterBabe Small blind   £0.50 £0.50 £171.75
redrabbit Big blind   £1.00 £1.50 £35.87
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

Leroybrown Fold        
FlashFlush Raise   £4.00 £5.50 £106.33
Boonicon Call   £4.00 £9.50 £113.61
GliterBabe Raise   £12.50 £22.00 £159.25
redrabbit All-in   £35.87 £57.87 £0.00

Comments

• edited January 2010
    its on me, after my 4x raise got smooth called then re-raised then re-reaised all in by the BB... I have 2 players left to act after me including glitterbabe who bumped it up to £13
  • edited January 2010

Never played against glitterbabe have no idea what his 3 bet range is, what dya know about him? I ignore the short stack here, not worried about him/her obviously....but his play is obv key to the hand, as flatting here gives GB the oppo to raise/shove again...

It's so hard without knowing anything about GB....Boonicon isnt rly a prop here to me either.....

If GB flats pre and the shortie shoves, Im happy to move all in and isolate...

GB 3 betting OOP in the BB tells me hes strongggggg, as r u, but who knows?

The great thing about this situation is, you ONLY have 4 quid invested, and, obviously its gonna be a snap call for GB to take on the shortie, so ur garunteed to see his cards, which is priceless information.

I'd fold it, and watch on with interest!

Curious to know how it played out! DOHH

• edited January 2010
    I probably have to fold this one, you could easily be putting another £106 in as a big underdog. Definitly fold and save it for a better spot.
  • edited January 2010
    gliterbabe a rock i would fold
  • edited January 2010
    Fold m8. Echo what Dohhhhhhhhh said.
  • edited January 2010
    GB could easily have ak here or a lower pair. I may have shoved if i had been sat at the table and seen how the table was.
  • edited January 2010
    Well this is what happened...
    FlashFlush Fold        
    Boonicon Fold        
    GliterBabe Call   £23.87 £81.74 £135.38
    GliterBabe Show
    • A
    • Q

redrabbit Show
    • J
    • A

Flop

Turn

• K

River

GliterBabe Win Pair of 4s £79.94   £215.32
  • edited January 2010
    i would have folded for what its worth, glitterbabe is normally a better player than that, not sure he played that very well though
  • edited January 2010

I dont think GB could have played it any better! Played a good hand strongly, Isolated the short stack, got the best hand to fold, and Won a tasty pot with at least the 2nd worst hand pre flop! Who knows what the button folded? Maybe AK/Pair?

VWP by GB, altho Im sure s/he doesnt need me to say that.

DOHH
  • edited January 2010

Ah, just come across this thread and my gut said go all in as soon as I saw it.

As Doh said, I'm not really worried about boonicon or redrabbit here.

And because GB is a great player, they can and will try to isolate with less than aa, kk or even ak.

But of course it's far easier to analyse when you're not playing the hand yourself...
  • edited January 2010
    I, the tiltmonkey ship it in here every day of the year.

Dont want to give much away but crucial info has not been discussed here. Lets see if anyone gets it, then if so i will comment.

XXX

clue: think of glitter.
  • edited January 2010
    Hey Charles you know if u ever need advice you can always MSN me :-D.

I play with GB all the time usually, but it seems he has dropped stakes I know him as a TAG - tight aggressive player.

But he has been known to play on this image now it is in place. The only thing I can see here is his 3bet size is small, I'm probably guessing though AQs is literally the bottom of his range at these stakes, espesh with a short stack behind him. So thinking about all this, I think it still is probably a marginal fold here m8. So imo you made the right play just at the wrong time.

• edited January 2010
    ding ding ding.

Discussion opened on his bet sizing, out of position too. I dont know but is this is the normal amount for a squeeze when there are two players in?
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: What would you do now?:
    ding ding ding. Discussion opened on his bet sizing, out of position too. I dont know but is this is the normal amount for a squeeze when there are two players in?
    Posted by Sparce
    Agreed that the re-raise was a small raise in terms of that hand, this did go through my mind, but I came to the conclusion it was wanting to be called, if he thought the pot was weak then he would of raised it up to more like £16, or like you said an OTT move may of been a shove. I think if he shoves im calling as it tells me he wants to close the hand there and then, but a £12 bet said to me he wanted to build the pot and get paid.

Am I wrong in this thinking? How do you see it?