You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FAO ff55hh

edited April 2014 in Betting Chat
Hi mate 

You seem quite clued up on the exchanges so just wondering if you could explain these emails i keep getting from Betfair and in what way to use them best to make a profit.

I always thought their profit came from the 5% (or up to ) commision and the bets were matched by other punters .

But if that is correct how can they offer things like this  (copied below from my email). Its the 3rd or 4th one i,ve had of late (It does say at the bottom that max bonus is £25 )

Hi Paul, 

Opt in and place Exchange bets on the Premier League football matches between April 26-28 to get a bonus on your overall winnings*:

• Bet on Saturday and you'll get a 25% bonus
  • Bet on Saturday and Sunday and you'll receive a 50% bonus
  • Bet on Saturday, Sunday and Monday and we'll give you a 100% bonus
We're at the business end of the season but there's still so much to be decided: 

Thx

Paul 

Comments

• edited April 2014
    Bit of a tricky one.

obviously to realise the full potential you'd have to be in profit after these games on Monday;

I'd strongly advise against chasing the bonus if results don't go your way today.

If its not against the rules you could bet £2 today and tomorrow only then £25 on arsenal v newcastle.

betfair - £25 both teams not to score @ 1.9 - £66.80 return including bonus

boyles - £30 both teams to score @ 6/5 - £66 return

+£11.80 - not to score
    +£11 both score

Thats the best way to guarantee a profit.
    Bear in mind that you may lose the £2 from the previous days.

They probably get that money from a promo budget. Obviously they don't value my custom that much as I've not recieved an e-mail :-((