You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The UKPC TV Series- Episode 1 now available to view on YouTube (link in opening post)

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat
Hi all,

Episode 4 of the UKPC goes out next Monday at 10pm on Sky Sports 3..

Episode 3 is now available on Sky On Demand (under 'Most Popular).

And Episode 1 is now available on YouTube right here.

As for Episode 2, forget it. For the moment. What d'ya want, blood?

;-)

Comments

• edited April 2014
    I enjoyed this as a regular viewer of the channel but not sure what your average joe will make of Tikay and Anna at the aircraft museum!
  • edited April 2014
    it was ok id rather they show what they do on channel 4 both of the players hole cards when in the hand instead of showing it after 
  • edited April 2014

I think the commentary team of Richard Bacon & Timmy Mallet tried hard but were not quite Hartigan & Stapes standard. :)

On a serious note, did enjoy this 1st episode and look forward to seeing the rest. I may record the others though so I can fast forward the adverts, and the Tikay bits obv
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: The UKPC starts tonight on Sky Sports 3 at 10pm!:
    it was ok id rather they show what they do on channel 4 both of the players hole cards when in the hand instead of showing it after 
    Posted by imallin24[/QUOTE
     Only on the feature tables where there are hole card camerasvthey are able to do this on channel 4, ame as dtd, thought it was a good show,  seemed to flow quite we'll and definetly better than sky poker cash game, more poker on tv I think instead of reruns of tennis gold or football gold etc
  • edited April 2014
    I enjoyed it all and quite liked the commentary of rich and sam cant wait till next week
  • edited April 2014
    I enjoyed the poker bits of the programme, but have to say the aeroplane museum stuff was kind of disrupting to the flow of the programme. I'm sure an interesting enough 60 minute documentary can be made about the planes and the history, but to plonk 5 minutes of it seemingly at random into a poker show just didn't work.
  • edited May 2014
    What about episode 2? I thought it was there on the EPG earlier but it's certainly not on any of the Sky Sports channels as I type this
  • edited May 2014
     No, it would appear sky are currently focusing thier coverage on the tennis - IF it airs, it will end up replacign what was originally scheduled at 11:30pm..I think it might have been cancelled due to thier continuing tennis coverage! Who wants to see two unknowns play in madrid anyhow!?
  • edited May 2014

No idea what happened there lads, it was definitely on the schedule for 10pm.

Will try and found out what happened tomorrow morning. 

The repeat (?) remains scheduled for 1am.
  • edited May 2014
    Thanks Tikay! I tweeted you as well, in an attempt to find out...
    EDIT @ 11:04pm - It would appear the original broadcast slot for the UKPC has been cancelled. I have been watching SS3, and the tennis broadcast finished at 11pm and it appears they are now showing highlights from the Pistorious Murder trial. :(
  • edited May 2014
    Bit disappointing. Then again i was able to watch MOTD2 and laugh at Liverpool :-)
  • edited May 2014
    poor effort by SKY.

Presenters have been promoting this, so embarrassing for them!!! 
  • edited May 2014
    its on at 1 am 
  • edited May 2014
    poor effort by SKY. Presenters have been promoting this, so embarrassing for them!!! 
    Posted by zadoc
    Hi Zadoc,

Not sure we can say "poor effort" until we know the reason.

The Ch 861 Head Suit has written to Sky Sports this morning, asking what happened, as nobody at Sky Poker were made aware it was not going to be shown.

However, it was due to follow "Live" Tennis, & Live sports can always over-run, & when it does, pre-recorded stuff will always get shunted around to accommodate it.

We may not like it, but the truth is, poker is a very low interest spectator game compared to Tennis, & if they pulled Live Tennis, which has x-teen more viewers than poker will ever have, there'd be hell to pay from tennis lovers.

We THINK the reason the Tennis was delayed was due to the dreadful news about former British Number 1 Elena Baltacha, who died yesterday, aged just 30, &, quite rightly, there were tributes & the like for poor Elena which lengthenened the TV coverage & proceedings.  

Anyway, as soon as I hear, I'll let you know.
  • edited May 2014

I recorded the later showing. It was good.

It lacked the aircraft museum feature this week, though. That was an unfortunate oversight on behalf of the production team... I'd hate to be the guy responsible for that gaffe - Hell to pay!

• edited May 2014
    I recorded the later showing. It was good. It lacked the aircraft museum feature this week, though. That was an unfortunate oversight on behalf of the production team... I'd hate to be the guy responsible for that gaffe - Hell to pay!
    Posted by BorinLoner
    True, true.

Go-Karts this week.....
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The UKPC starts tonight on Sky Sports 3 at 10pm! : True, true. Go-Karts this week.....
    Posted by Tikay10
    You vs Anna?

Is Sky Bet opening a market on that?
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The UKPC starts tonight on Sky Sports 3 at 10pm! : You vs Anna? Is Sky Bet opening a market on that?
    Posted by BorinLoner
    You can bet that with me, providing you want to bet on Anna, that is.....
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The UKPC starts tonight on Sky Sports 3 at 10pm! : You can bet that with me, providing you want to bet on Anna, that is.....
    Posted by Tikay10
    No chance. Not while she's carrying all that extra ballast.
  • edited May 2014
    Earlier in tonight's LIVE Broadcast, Anna announced that the UKPC shows being aired on Sky Sports are going up onto Sky Poker's You-Tube channel. Indeed Episode appeared around an hour ago. Keep your eyes out for it. Perhaps opportunity to catch it for those who missed it..and Minus the annoying Ad-Breaks as well (I think)
  • edited May 2014
    Hi all, just to let you know you can now watch Episode 1 of this series here.