You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Best of the best

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat
Can't wait for ths promotion! Although can't help feel it's only benefting players that win anyway. Just one quick qn... if you satellite into say the roller for £22 and then min-cash for £220, is your ROI going to be ~ 1000% or is it gong to be 200%?

Comments

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Best of the best:
    Can't wait for ths promotion! Although can't help feel it's only benefting players that win anyway. Just one quick qn... if you satellite into say the roller for £22 and then min-cash for £220, is your ROI going to be ~ 1000% or is it gong to be 200%?
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

Hello,

Satellites will not be included in this promotion and this has been stated on the promo page:

Best of the Best Details:
    - Only tournaments with a minimum buy-in of £5.50 and that were played between 1st - 31st May 2014 will count towards this promotion.
    - All tournament types are included except for satellites, freerolls and timed tournaments.

Cheers and good luck,
    Justin
  • edited May 2014
    love this promo!!!
  • edited May 2014
    I also intitially thought that this would be a good promotion - one question though -

Is it only your best 15 results that are considered or your total ROI?

• edited May 2014

Chaps,

If possible, can you post all questions on the containment thread, to aid easy replies,
    HERE

I will reply to Shanny's question here, just give me a mo please.....
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Best of the best:
    I also intitially thought that this would be a good promotion - one question though - Is it only your best 15 results that are considered or your total ROI?
    Posted by BIGSHANN
    I believe it is ALL the SNG's you play in the given week.

It says.....

"....Each week Sky Poker will measure your level of skill based on the average ROI (Return On Investment) of 15 or more 6 Max Sit & Go’s....."

"...The leaderboard will display the top 20 players who have played
    at least 15 Sit and Go’s..."

"....The leaderboard will first be updated when 10 players have played at least 15 Sit and Go’s and have a positive average ROI......"

I believe 15 is simply the MINUMUM qualifying threshold, see

....."You need to play a minimum of 15 Sit and Go’s by 7th May in order to qualify....."

Note that these are all WEEKLY totals, the whole thing starts again each week.

Week 1 - 1st - 7th May (Televised Final 11th May)

Week 2 - 8th - 14th May (Televised Final 18th May)

Week 3 - 15th - 21st May (Televised Final 25th May)

Week 4 - 22nd - 28th May (Televised Final 1st June)

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Best of the best : I believe it is ALL the SNG's you play in the given week.   It says..... "....Each week Sky Poker will measure your level of skill based on the average ROI (Return On Investment) of 15 or more 6 Max Sit & Go’s....." "...The leaderboard will display the top 20 players who have played at least 15 Sit and Go’s..." "....The leaderboard will first be updated when 10 players have played at least 15 Sit and Go’s and have a positive average ROI......" I believe 15 is simply the MINUMUM qualifying threshold, see ....."You need to play a minimum of 15 Sit and Go’s by 7th May in order to qualify....." Note that these are all WEEKLY totals, the whole thing starts again each week. Week 1 - 1st - 7th May (Televised Final 11th May) Week 2 - 8th - 14th May (Televised Final 18th May) Week 3 - 15th - 21st May (Televised Final 25th May) Week 4 - 22nd - 28th May (Televised Final 1st June)
    Posted by Tikay10

oops...thats the SNG promo that is running in parrallel.

pretty sure its all tournaments, not just your best 15 as in the SNG promo.

...read the terms and conditions most stuff whould be answered there already. 
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Best of the best : oops...thats the SNG promo that is running in parrallel. pretty sure its all tournaments, not just your best 15 as in the SNG promo. ...read the terms and conditions most stuff whould be answered there already. 
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Ahh yes, my bad apologies, but the answer is the same.

15 is the MINIMUM threshold, but it is ALL MTT's played.

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Best of the best : Ahh yes, my bad apologies, but the answer is the same. 15 is the MINIMUM threshold, but it is ALL MTT's played.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Left you a msg TK, but not sure it was on the right thread. Do you know when the "BEST OF THE BEST" leaderboard will be available? It says when atleast 10 players haave played 15 games with positive ROI's. I would have thought we'd be there now.

Cheers Graham (StayOrGo)

P.S. Great promotion by the way! 
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Best of the best : Left you a msg TK, but not sure it was on the right thread. Do you know when the "BEST OF THE BEST" leaderboard will be available? It says when atleast 10 players haave played 15 games with positive ROI's. I would have thought we'd be there now. Cheers Graham (StayOrGo) P.S. Great promotion by the way! 
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Sorry TK, one more thing, as there is a bit of confusion between the SNG promotion and the MTT promotion. Can you confirm for sure that MTT ROI's don't affect the SNG ROI's and visa versa, if you are trying for both, I wouldn't want one to advesly affect the other. Also, I entered the code "BEST" for the MTT promo, is that code also good for the SNG promo.

Sorry for the barrage of questions. Cheers Graham (StayOrGo)
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Best of the best : Left you a msg TK, but not sure it was on the right thread. Do you know when the "BEST OF THE BEST" leaderboard will be available? It says when atleast 10 players haave played 15 games with positive ROI's. I would have thought we'd be there now. Cheers Graham (StayOrGo) P.S. Great promotion by the way! 
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Hi Graham,

No, I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to that. I imagine it will be quite soon though.

I also received your Message & "Friend Request", thanks, I presume your questions are answered now though, so I won't reply to that. 

Good luck mate.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Best of the best : Sorry TK, one more thing, as there is a bit of confusion between the SNG promotion and the MTT promotion. Can you confirm for sure that MTT ROI's don't affect the SNG ROI's and visa versa, if you are trying for both, I wouldn't want one to advesly affect the other. Also, I entered the code "BEST" for the MTT promo, is that code also good for the SNG promo. Sorry for the barrage of questions. Cheers Graham (StayOrGo)
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Hi again Graham.

I'm not aware of any confusion between the two. In one reply I mistakenly confused the two whilst answering a bunch of questions when these Promos were first announced, which I quickly withdrew & apologised for, but I'm not aware of any other confusion between the SNG one & the MTT one.

The MTT ROI's & the SNG ROI's are completely & wholly UNCONNECTED, neither will affect the other. They are quite seperate.

The Code for the MTT Promo is "BEST", as you correctly note.

The code for the SNG Promotion is "CHALLENGE", so no, you cannot enter the same Code for both. If you want "in" both, you must enter BOTH codes.

Hope that helps.
  • edited May 2014
    I Typed in BEST CHALLENGE PROMOTION,BUT NOTHING HAPPENED,SO I TYPED IN NOTHING HAPPENED,SO I GAVE UP :):):):)XXXX AND WENT AND PLAYED A DYM XXX
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Best of the best : Hi again Graham.   I'm not aware of any confusion between the two. In one reply I mistakenly confused the two whilst answering a bunch of questions when these Promos were first announced, which I quickly withdrew & apologised for, but I'm not aware of any other confusion between the SNG one & the MTT one.   The MTT ROI's & the SNG ROI's are completely & wholly UNCONNECTED, neither will affect the other. They are quite seperate. The Code for the MTT Promo is "BEST", as you correctly note. The code for the SNG Promotion is "CHALLENGE", so no, you cannot enter the same Code for both. If you want "in" both, you must enter BOTH codes.   Hope that helps.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks TK, appreciate the clarification, I think it was probably just me that was confused! Doesn't take much to confuse me :=). 

One last thing (honest). it says the SNG's must be 6 max, does this mean only 6 player SNG's or can you play say an 18 player SNG, containing 3 (6 max) tables?

Cheers Graham
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Best of the best : Thanks TK, appreciate the clarification, I think it was probably just me that was confused! Doesn't take much to confuse me :=).  One last thing (honest). it says the SNG's must be 6 max, does this mean only 6 player SNG's or can you play say an 18 player SNG, containing 3 (6 max) tables? Cheers Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo

Hi Graham,

No, it is 6 player SNG's only, 18 player SNG's do NOT count.

Good luck.
  • edited May 2014
    Such a Nice Man That MR Tikay,i was just having abit of fun with my post,And he never complains,How he puts up with me on the forum i will never no :):):):)xxx
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Best of the best : Hello, Satellites will not be included in this promotion and this has been stated on the promo page: Best of the Best Details: - Only tournaments with a minimum buy-in of £5.50 and that were played between 1 st  - 31 st  May 2014 will count towards this promotion. - All tournament types are included except for satellites, freerolls and timed tournaments. Cheers and good luck, Justin
    Posted by Sky_Justin
    Hi

Is there any reason I am not showing on the leaderboard? Pretty sure I have played 16 tourneys and have a not too bad ROI since 1st May

Thanks

Paul
  • edited May 2014
    Such a Nice Man That MR Tikay,i was just having abit of fun with my post,And he never complains,How he puts up with me on the forum i will never no :):):):)xxx
    Posted by paige55
    Ha!

Poker forums are supposed to have a goodly element of fun, and as far as I am concerned, the more the better. We really should not take ourselves, as poker players, too seriously, for 99% of us it's just a game.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Best of the best : Hi Is there any reason I am not showing on the leaderboard? Pretty sure I have played 16 tourneys and have a not too bad ROI since 1st May Thanks Paul
    Posted by Enut

same for me...

usual CC response - responding without checking the facts. they said the table hadn't been updated yet - when it has. sigh. 

Leaderboard - Updated 06/05/14

• edited May 2014
    If it's like the points leaderboards then there's a cut-off (I think midnight) so if the ME last night finished at 00:01 then when they ran the report today it'll be as though that ME hasn't happened yet.