You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HU Let's Go

edited July 2014 in Poker Chat
Good luck larson!!!

One peice of advice, be patient!! Im not talking about the start but the whole tourny. During the times you are card and situation dead it is important to still assess your situation even if you are desperate to double up or get involved. This is one of the biggest differences between cash.

Comments

• edited July 2014
    Hey everyone!

Decided i'm going to play 100 £11 MTT's or £1100 total spend on MTT's.

This will include some main events, so actual number of games might be less than 100.

Why am i doing this?

To try and improve at MTT's, my MTT game is ok at the moment but definatly could do with some improvement. This thread will exclusively keep track of results.

What am i hoping to achieve?

A profit at the other end, and to see an improvement in my MTT game.

Most of the games being played will be BHers, which to an extent will be lower variance due to picking up bonties along the way. I've played quite a lot of BH recently and am quite happy with the strategy i use in these games.

Why this thread?

Mostly to keep me focussed. It will mostly be results, so pretty dry, but find it helpful posting up to keep me on track, share the highs and lows.

• edited May 2014
    good luck with this larson im sure you will do well even with that horrible monicker :@P

• edited May 2014
    100 MTTs, sounds a good plan for the bank holiday weekend. Best of luck
  • edited May 2014
  • edited May 2014
    Keep us updated on skype mate.
  • edited May 2014
    best of luck x
  • edited May 2014
    Without wanting to sound negative, 100 MTT's is a pretty small sample size. So I wouldn't read too much into any profit/losses. Be more focused on the various decisions you makes, as opposed to whatever you may win or lose.

All the best.
  • edited May 2014
    iluvpickles xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx lol

Booooom, game 1 went down like this, 9:30 BH, massive field.

Had a shockaroonie of a start, down to 1k early doors, doubled, got a bit of momentums, got the poker groove going got up 2 7k, then it fizzled out lol, busted 7 b4 the bubble but picked up 3 bounties so a wee profit in the 1st game

LARSON7047£12.19 Head Prizes
    Total Games 1, Total Spend £11, profit £1.19

Thanks everyone.

"Horrible Monicker" i bet you that's what Bill Clinton was saying when he was found out lol

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: 100 MTT's (1100) sweat thread:
    Good luck larson!!! One peice of advice, be patient!! Im not talking about the start but the whole tourny. During the times you are card and situation dead it is important to still assess your situation even if you are desperate to double up or get involved. This is one of the biggest differences between cash.
    Posted by CraigSG1
    Yeah defo need to be patient.

Really just playing TAG in these games early doors, going for max value, good thing is you are getting paid off with a big hand, not so good when you're running bad though and folding a lot lol

I'll always be playing to get to the FT, and going for the win. I'll loosen up when the blinds are bigger to get a stack or busto, just looking for the right spots. All the monies really in the top 3 places.

The game i played tonight had 300 plus runners. Most games i play will have 100 runners, and will give me the best chances of running deep/ FT and taking a few down.

• edited May 2014
    thnks for the xxxxxxxxxxx must of helped me in the 2240 game
    ILuvPickle4860001£160.99 + £67.68 Head Prizes10£18.77
    wd on your cash xx
  • edited May 2014
    Nice1! Very well done Pickle!

Total Games 2, Total Spend £22, profit minus 9.81

Fun cash hand!

x Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £20.00 booty Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £19.80   Your hole cards ??      LARSON7 Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £41.37 robo27 Call  £0.60 £1.50 £8.73 craigcu12 Fold     x Raise  £2.70 £4.20 £17.30 booty Fold     LARSON7 Raise  £4.40 £8.60 £36.97 robo27 Fold     x Raise  £4.40 £13.00 £12.90 LARSON7 Raise  £4.40 £17.40 £32.57 x Raise  £4.40 £21.80 £8.50 LARSON7 Raise  £4.40 £26.20 £28.17 x Raise  £4.40 £30.60 £4.10 LARSON7 All-in  £28.17 £58.77 £0.00 x All-in  £4.10 £62.87 £0.00 LARSON7 Unmatched bet
  • edited May 2014
    OK, he had AA and you had 72o? Any you won!! :) Now your off round to his house to collect the £1 he owes you because you won at the 72 game!

Oh, no pressure, but ive only played about 20 MTT's this year and won 3, including one tonight! :)
  • edited May 2014
    Gl Henrik, I have no doubt you will be in profit by the end of this challenge. All the best!
  • edited May 2014
    Gl Henrik, I have no doubt you will be in profit by the end of this challenge. All the best!
    Posted by waller02
    First time i've seen that lol
  • edited May 2014
    Well done Craig, you win!

I must have played 10 MTT's in the last 3 days and not cashed once, these have all been low buy in games lol not tenner ones.

I've ran pretty bad and played pretty bad:)

Thanks Waller, hopefully a nice profit!

Someone was saying the other day, I should play more fiver BH. Although the rake is 15% standard of opposition will compensate for this.

I'll update this once a week, on a Friday, with results.
  • edited May 2014
    All the best with this mate.As H said 100 mtts is a small sample.Then again i'd be very suprised if you don't end up with a profit.
  • edited May 2014
    Game 3 was the main tonight, ended up taking it down for £1370.

It's biggest tournament win so far, before that my biggest win was in the xmas cracker where i came 2nd for about 300.

Abosultly chuffed, knew it was inspired starting this thread!

The whole tournie went in rapid, till it got 2 3 handed lol we seemed to be 3 handed for ages.

At the time i was deep in the £1 deepstack, i was about 4/8-10, i just downsized the window to concentrate on the main haha

Thanks a lot everyone that railed, phenomenal:)
  • edited May 2014
    Brilliant result larson, V well played. BTW I did leave you a Prvt Msg a few days ago, but am doubting you have read it. Basically saying thanx for your nomination of me to the TOTP's. Meant alot to be nominated & to play in it, not to mention the resuscitation it has done to my BR despite my run-bad in my DYM's tonight! Still Let's keep it positive - Congrats again - I bet yr jumping all over the living room, or bedroom or study! Break open the wine mate, you deserve it! :D 
  • edited May 2014
    vwp mate you deserve a score like that after all the hardwork you have put into your game :).
  • edited May 2014
    Hey Gary

I've not seen it, i'll go check it out.

Not at all you deserved the nomination, well done on getting picked. Where did you finish?

lol amazing feeling tonight mate, have always wanted to win a main event, glad i've put that one 2 bed now:)
  • edited May 2014
    Game 3 was the main tonight, ended up taking it down for £1370. It's biggest tournament win so far, before that my biggest win was in the xmas cracker where i came 2nd for about 300. Abosultly chuffed, knew it was inspired starting this thread! The whole tournie went in rapid, till it got 2 3 handed lol we seemed to be 3 handed for ages. At the time i was deep in the £1 deepstack, i was about 4/8-10, i just downsized the window to concentrate on the main haha Thanks a lot everyone that railed, phenomenal:)
    Posted by LARSON7
    wp mate, u most likely wont sleep for a bit tonight, knock a few cans into you to take the edge off
  • edited May 2014

Well done mate.
    Really pleased for you

• edited May 2014
    Game 3 was the main tonight, ended up taking it down for £1370. It's biggest tournament win so far, before that my biggest win was in the xmas cracker where i came 2nd for about 300. Abosultly chuffed, knew it was inspired starting this thread! The whole tournie went in rapid, till it got 2 3 handed lol we seemed to be 3 handed for ages. At the time i was deep in the £1 deepstack, i was about 4/8-10, i just downsized the window to concentrate on the main haha Thanks a lot everyone that railed, phenomenal:)
    Posted by LARSON7
    WP Henrik, nice bink that. Bet you where buzzing last night. I'm very pleased for you.

• edited May 2014
    Great result Henrik, wp
  • edited May 2014
    Ahhh fantastic!! :D
  • edited May 2014

Well done, mate.

I guess there must have been HUGE overlay ;)

• edited May 2014
    Vwp Larson, great result, very well deserved!
  • edited May 2014
    Very well done! It's a great tourny that I wish I could play but Tuesday is a bad night for me. Sigh. Enjoy the feeling, cash maybe more profitable but there is no other feeling like winning an MTT! 
  • edited May 2014
    great stuff larson very well played
  • edited May 2014
    Only just seen this thread so best of luck for the rest of your challenge - the big win yesterday certainly helped, congratulations :D