You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Well that's what I call variance....

Well I played last night was going along well in the £12K BH when I had 2 other players all in against me, I had them both covered. I have AhQc v Jc10c and 8h8c, the flop comes AcKs4h so I am 91% to beat the 88 and 83% to beat the J10. Things are looking good, should take 2 bounties and set myself up for the later stages. Then boom, turn is the 8s and river is the Qd so I end up with 2 pair against trips and a straight and no bounties.....oh how I run. Suffice to say I didn't cash in the £12K BH

Then entered the £4K BH at 9pm and ran like God, or any other deity you would like to pick.

Mid way through I got it all in horribly with A8 against AK and AJ and binked the 8 for 2 bounties, including Simon Hemsworth (sorry Simon you outplayed me pre) and then kept my head down until the final table, then ran like God again including all in heads up with an overpair of Qs against what turned out to be AA. Oops doomed well second is a good result but.... river is one of the two remaining Qs so I am back in it. Anyway a short while later and my top two pair holds against Beachbaby4's flush draw and I scoop first for about £1,000.

So zero to hero (in my own head) in a matter of hours and all down to variance. Apologies to Beachbaby4 for the 2 outer that robbed him of the win and condolences to hitman0127 who lost connection and half his stack when we were down to 3.