You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What am I supposed to do with all these poker points???????

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat
So I have played on sky for a few years and never really took any notice of poker points. The main reason for this is because whenever I look on the freeroll tab for MTT's there are only ever 4 tourneys

£20 Gtd Turbo FR Hold'em NL 10 Pts 37 02 May 14:00
B/Hunter Seat FR Hold'em NL 75 Pts 25 02 May 16:00
Mini 10 Seat FR Hold'em NL 25 Pts 0 02 May 17:00
£20 Gtd Turbo FR Hold'em NL 10 Pts 2 03 May 01:00

Now the £20 gtd don't seem worth my time to be honest (im guessing that £20 would be stretched when 200+ runners jump in)

The mini seat and BH seat seem like a decent prize but 99% of the time I will be at work at that time.

At the time of writing I have 8848 poker points. Surely there is something I can do with these???

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Do sky have a rewards programe like stars.? I can't see anything
  • edited May 2014
    Enter REWARDS IN THE PROMOTIONS box and u will get cash for ure poker points each month
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: What am I supposed to do with all these poker points???????:
    Enter REWARDS IN THE PROMOTIONS box and u will get cash for ure poker points each month
    Posted by REDARROW61
    I have and I do. But these are a separate entity and just continue to accumulate. I don't even get that many points each month. I've only ever broken 1000 once lol. I dread to think how many point high stakes grinders have sat there lol
  • edited May 2014
    Total Poker Points: 147382

There have been several threads about this over the years and there has of yet never been any solution - good luck with getting somewhere this time!
  • edited May 2014
    It is to keep the lower stake players happy and interested, as the small amount of points required to play in the freerolls can be achieved on very small stakes with a little effort. In this way it works quite well.
    Unfortunately this means that the large stake players who are putting in lots of game time are earning a lot of these points, indeed far more than it is possible to use on the freerolls.
    I think perhaps Sky are missing out here as the idea of these rewards are to promote player interest and thus increase traffic and profit. This seems to help only the lower stakes players when it comes to spending them, so some other ideas for wanting to obtain the points to be spent in some way should generate more interset in boosting their points total. A target of some sort to aim for.
    Perhaps sky could use these ukpc's as a way of using these points up. A freeroll say of 2000 points for a seat at the UKPC. I seat for every 20 players say or whatever they think it needs to be.
    It would be a Promotion and could be used for any UKPC SPT etc.
    Also it would stop these threads keep appearing :-)
  • edited May 2014
    Shove em up up ur a rs e or play sat freerolls or you can cash em in and sky will pay for a prozzie from city road. Gl.
    Posted by davelufc
    haha best idea so far. 

• edited May 2014
    It is to keep the lower stake players happy and interested, as the small amount of points required to play in the freerolls can be achieved on very small stakes with a little effort. In this way it works quite well. Unfortunately this means that the large stake players who are putting in lots of game time are earning a lot of these points, indeed far more than it is possible to use on the freerolls. I think perhaps Sky are missing out here as the idea of these rewards are to promote player interest and thus increase traffic and profit. This seems to help only the lower stakes players when it comes to spending them, so some other ideas for wanting to obtain the points to be spent in some way should generate more interset in boosting their points total. A target of some sort to aim for. Perhaps sky could use these ukpc's as a way of using these points up. A freeroll say of 2000 points for a seat at the UKPC. I seat for every 20 players say or whatever they think it needs to be. It would be a Promotion and could be used for any UKPC SPT etc. Also it would stop these threads keep appearing :-)
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    The last time they ran VLV they did some. I managed to spend about 50% of my points trying. Would defo have a go at the UKPC this way if allowed to, although i think 2000 is a touch too much ill only get 1000 back for playing the event lol