You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

So let me get this straight.....

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat
I heard about the new Promo that SKY are doing in May, it sounded quite exciting I was looking forward to my email telling me my points target and the prizes on offer.

So I've read through the email about 3 times and im sure I must be getting this wrong....

"If you hit this target, you'll get to choose one of the following" then lists a load of...okay prizes I guess, Blu-Ray Player, Designer sunglasses, Digital camera etc. Expected maybe a little better but hey there giving them out for free cant be grumbled at.

But then....

You will also gain entry into a BH Freeroll with a nice starting stack, ooo fair enough free tourney at the end of the month, why not. But to the winner they get...

40 Inch Smart TV
Desktop PC
27 inch HD monitor
Iphone5S
and a load of other nifty gadgets.

Is it just me that thinks this is a bit bizarre? 

Whats secound prize? Is the HU just going to be (around) £3k swing?

Why is this promo so outrageously  top heavy? 

Why not have a kind of ladder to climb points wise and as you climb the points you get greater rewards? 

for example:

Hi bolly580

Here are your goals:

12k: Cuddly Toy

14K: headphones (or Choice of cuddly toy)

etc etc etc (I know this example has a few wholes but Ive literally just made it up on the fly). 

Surely SKY can do something better than just spending a massive % of their Promo budget and just dumping it all on one players door step come the start of June.

Am I alone in thinking this?

Have i read the promo wrong?

Im not a hardcore grinder on SKY, I generally average around 70-80 hours a month grinding. My target is only 16.5k but well, this certainly doesnt motivate me to put in a big shift in May.

Comments

• edited May 2014
    First time I have ever agreed with anything you have said on this forum.
  • edited May 2014
    BUMP

Would be interested to hear thoughts.  Also who is the constant c4p winnar? And is said villain an outlyier.. or is there an actual competition here? 

I'm not even in priority but just showing my usual class. 

stay classy sky poker 

ps. maybe better thread titles in future bolly. 
  • edited May 2014
    Is this if you are already priority or if you make it this month?!
  • edited May 2014
    I agree, it's not particularly motivational, but it's completely my free choice (and everyone else's) whether I want to try to achieve the target, or not.
    Therefore, I haven't got a problem with it.
    It maybe that Sky have worked out that everyone playing a little more, and getting some reward, is better than say 10 players playing a lot more, and getting a bigger reward.
  • edited May 2014
    Hi guys,

I've passed this on to the main man JP so he should be in contact soon, cheers.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: So let me get this straight.....:
    BUMP Would be interested to hear thoughts.  Also who is the constant c4p winnar? And is said villain an outlyier.. or is there an actual competition here?  I'm not even in priority but just showing my usual class.  stay classy sky poker  ps. maybe better thread titles in future bolly. 
    Posted by TPTP123
    Constant C4p winner? There isnt one, there arent monthly tables that show that kind of info. Yes there is an actual tournament at the end of the month which you are enterd into if your reach your target.

It seems ridiculous that the tournemnt winner gets like 4k in prizes and everyone else gets a £100 prize, surely they could divide up there monthly promo budget better?

Meh the more i think about it the more it kind of grows on me to be honest. Maybe my initial post was a bit out of line, this Promo will make it so everyone has a fair shot at some fantastic prizes rather than hardcore grinders. I still believe the prizes could be dvided up better in the tournemnt though. Say 100 enterants top 15 cash and prizes go up from 15th place to 1st place accordingly. 
  • edited May 2014
    Well if theres not a constant c4p champion - i dont understand why you started thread. Good luck taking it down, imo.  

Makes me think that Sky should have a world champion and an intercontinently champion too. 

Starting grinding.
  • edited May 2014
    Well if theres not a constant c4p champion - i dont understand why you started thread. Good luck taking it down, imo.   Makes me think that Sky should have a world champion and an intercontinently champion too.  Starting grinding.
    Posted by TPTP123
    I started the thread because sky are giving a load of players £100 for grinding and one player like £4k. It wasnt about wether who was constantly getting the most points. It was surely this Promo budget can be divided more fairly.

• edited May 2014
    What is the freeroll? for all priority or just those who reach their target?
    I didn't get the email and had to contact sky for my target but still don't know what the freeroll is.
    Cheers
  • edited May 2014
    If you hit this target, you'll get to choose one of the following prizes;

Blu-Ray Player with a Box Set
    Designer Sunglasses
    Kindle Fire HD
    JVC Headphones
    Pure DAB Radio
    £100 Experience Day Voucher
    Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
    Google Chromecast and a Portable Hard Drive
    Digital Camera

You will also gain entry into a Bounty Hunter Freeroll, with a 6,000 point starting stack, in which we'll be giving away all the above prizes, along with the following, to the winner.

40 Inch Smart TV
    Desktop PC
    27 Inch HD Monitor
    iPhone 5S
    Cappuccino Maker
    Electric Toothbrush
    Remote control Helicopter
    Cuddly Toy
  • edited May 2014
    If you hit this target, you'll get to choose one of the following prizes; Blu-Ray Player with a Box Set Designer Sunglasses Kindle Fire HD JVC Headphones Pure DAB Radio £100 Experience Day Voucher Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Google Chromecast and a Portable Hard Drive Digital Camera You will also gain entry into a Bounty Hunter Freeroll, with a 6,000 point starting stack, in which we'll be giving away all the above prizes, along with the following, to the winner. 40 Inch Smart TV Desktop PC 27 Inch HD Monitor iPhone 5S Cappuccino Maker Electric Toothbrush Remote control Helicopter Cuddly Toy
    Posted by bolly580

Thanks for that Bolly. Cuddly toy makes this go from an average promotion to an outstanding promotion.
  • edited May 2014
    Only lucky enough to get that though if you bink the end of the month comp!
  • edited May 2014
    Is there any priority freerolls this month? i cant see anything in the lobby
  • edited May 2014
    Is there any priority freerolls this month? i cant see anything in the lobby
    Posted by alex1229
    Ive never been able to seen any, dont think Ive played one in about a year
  • edited May 2014
    Has a date been set yet for the end of month bounty hunter freeroll?