You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SKY TECHNICAL TEAM PLEASE GIVE US FEEDBACK ON CONSTANT FREEZING TABLES

I have posted often as have many others , including  high stakes regs on this issue. Today was just another day of the same , not everyday but 2 or 3 times a week , constant tables goin into hibernation. Every tourney i play  people  are constantly goin away for the same issue, check my chat boxes if u want proof or facebook . Its just not fair so many people are having the same issue on a site we want to play on.I know not everyone has this issue  but MANY MANY do and im becoming increasingly frustated .ITS 2014 .I know u cant publicly say but would like to know that u accept there is an issue here.

Thank You

Comments

• edited May 2014
    as far as im aware sky have said they know of this issue and are looking for a fix. 
  • edited May 2014
     My tables are not auto opening - or even coming up with boxes for me to launch the tourneys. Also if I'm moved tables I have to go to my Sky Poker to find the game and try to find my new table from there 
  • edited May 2014
    There is a section under help & support which should allow you to load the OLD original tables, perhaps try giving that a go for a little while? OK it doesn't look very good graphically, but I think you may get some reliability back - or what about resizing your screen so the mini table shows?

I've got my view set permanently to the mini and its working fine.
  • edited May 2014
    Hi,

We are aware of this issue and are releasing a fix for this today that we believe should prevent the tables from freezing through a disconnection. As you point out it is not an issue that we are seeing across the board thus making it difficult for us to replicate and fix straight away. Hopefully though you should see an improvement on your experience.

• edited May 2014
    Hi, all morning the table has been freezing and I actually can't get on. Last week on about 4 or 5 heads up I was actually blinded out. Please get a fix.
  • edited May 2014
    Blinded out again - due to freezing tables. Any refunds?

• edited May 2014
    just blinded out on 4 tables cheers
  • edited May 2014
    And it's done it again this site is becoming impossible to play on
  • edited May 2014
    Playing atm table keeps stopping/jumping hands & asking to be reloaded chrome Win 7.
    Swiched to D/L  no better.Dym.
  • edited May 2014
    Still everyday with  me, So frustrating, must be driving people away,  Comm error  or  just freeze, have to right click in table  and select reload, many times for table to reload.
  • edited June 2014
    NOT a problem of constant freezing. The Story: playing in a tournament and after only one or two hands i had pocket kings, grin grin. on the button. third player raises, i re-raise and get re-raised all in. ok i call all in.
    he shows ten seven, grin grin.  flop= a ten and a seven im out against two pairs. im sure i am not alone with this play. happens to us all. to continue... there are thirteen tables left and my (old) table has closed. silly of me i expect but i go to the lobby and open all thirteen screens at the same time. i am going to watch him as he jumps table to table to see how he plays other hands. all is well. i find the 'tile' button and my screen shows all the tables nicely laid out. after about ten minutes, the community cards start taking a while to turn over and i regularly see the red backs of these cards. screen refresh is slower and slower until the tables are all frozen. my computer is not frozen, mouse ok select lobby ok , clock is counting time ok ... but no table select or refresh. 

Questions: have i hit a buffer limit or something?  is this something others get when multi tableing? or was i just a bit silly to open so many tables ?
  • edited July 2014
    This is still a very serious problem.

I started using the download on Friday for auto focus of multi tables. Shortly into my first session Windows reported that therre was a "fatal error" and Sky Poker had to close. I restarted and after a short while the same thing happened again.

Thinking this might be down to me still using Win XP Pro I configured a brand new system using Win 7. I ran it today and the same thing happened. All tables froze, right in the middle of a big hand.

I have had freeze ups on Win XP, Win Vista, Win 7 on four different computers using two different ISP's. The problem clearly isn't with my kit it is just poor programming at Sky's end. This has been going on for literally years and there is no excuse for it.

I even had to retype this post because one of their stupid unwanted sales messages popped up and locked up the forum half way through.
  • edited July 2014
    Hi Everybody,

Thank you for the feedback that we are receiving on this issue. I apologise for the lack of updates from myself on this but want to make you aware that we are taking this issue very seriously and are looking into it in a great amount of detail with the appropriate people.

All I can ask from you is consistent feedback of what you are experiencing, when it is happening? And what you need to do to resolve. Any screenshots that you have will be very useful also. 

Again apologies for the issues that you are experiencing and the lack of updates but we are working on this.

Thanks

Sam
  • edited July 2014
    Third session playing with the download on a cleanly installed Windows 7 platform. No other software has been installed.

Playing 5 Cash tables, total lock up of software after about 30/40 mins. All tables unresponsive and frozen. Had to use Task Manager to shut it down. Three sessions now on a clean computer, same lock up every time.

To reiterate my previous post I have had this problem on 4 different computers (Two of which were set up just to run Sky Poker) 3 different OpSys (Win XP Pro, Win Vista, Win 7), 2 Different ISP's (BT and Sky) and with both the download and the browser service. It does seem the download is by far the worst however.

I have no doubt that this a problem at the Sky Poker servers, it is certainly not with my system or set up.

It really makes Sky Poker unreliable and therefore unusable.

It is also probably why the player numbers on the site never seems to grow.
  • edited July 2014
    I had an issue last night with 1 table but that's when i opened the live chat to report something.
  • edited July 2014
    Has the Download Client still got the memory leak or has it been fixed? It's many months since I tested for it. I discussed it in another thread in Poker Chat in April.
    If not it's possibly that still causing this issue.

• edited July 2014
    Tested over the last hour - memory leak still very much present. Download Client ended up crashing with a 'Gateway Error' - probably a red-herring error message.

• edited August 2014
    Totally unplayable today
  • edited August 2014
    Actually been trying to play a bit with the premiership & the £300 freeroll back & nothiing much has changed.
    Hit or miss if the games runs smooth or laggy,even had both at the same time when playing 2 tables at the same time.
  • edited August 2014
    FWIW i run windows 8 on chrome or download client no more than 2 tables and have never had an issue.
    If its a software glitch would it not effect everyone, saying that I used to have problems with the old tables.
    Hope your issues get resolved swiftly.