You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Apologies...

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat
For various family-related reasons, I have not been about on Sky (much) for a month or so, and then last week I had to go to the optician because I couldn't close my eye properly. As the woman in the white coat leaned over me in her subtle yet coquettish way, it was apparent that I had - in her words - 'ruptured my cornea'. Apparently staring at monitors all day is not good for the ol’ peepers. Who knew, right?

Thankfully it sounds a lot worse than it was/is. It basically means my eyes require more lubrication than they're getting. I wanted to tell her that wasn’t the only place I could do with a little more lube, but decided against it, at least until I could see her more clearly and determine whether she was worth the comment.

Anyway, just to say – if anyone gives a damn – that I should be back on the boards shortly, and sorry for any disruption I have caused to the Heads-Up League, as I understand people are still waiting to play me!

And yeah, the Main/Mini Leaderboards will be updated by tomorrow.

Comments

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Apologies...:
    For various family-related reasons, I have not been about on Sky (much) for a month or so, and then last week I had to go to the optician because I couldn't close my eye properly. As the woman in the white coat leaned over me in her subtle yet coquettish way, it was apparent that I had - in her words - 'ruptured my cornea'. Apparently staring at monitors all day is not good for the ol’ peepers. Who knew, right? Thankfully it sounds a lot worse than it was/is. It basically means my eyes require more lubrication than they're getting. I wanted to tell her that wasn’t the only place I could do with a little more lube, but decided against it, at least until I could see her more clearly and determine whether she was worth the comment. Anyway, just to say – if anyone gives a damn – that I should be back on the boards shortly, and sorry for any disruption I have caused to the Heads-Up League, as I understand people are still waiting to play me! And yeah, the Main/Mini Leaderboards will be updated by tomorrow.
    Posted by Slipwater

did wonder what had happened - thanks for the update and I hope you're fully recovered soon.

• edited May 2014
    Get well soon mate.  A good facial should sort you right out!
  • edited May 2014
    all the best bud
  • edited May 2014
    get well soon slipper
  • edited May 2014
    Take care Slip... Hope u recover soon pal..
  • edited May 2014
    Hey

Hope you are better soon mate.

And when you are back, when can wrap up our win in the HU league:)

All the best
  • edited May 2014
    Run better mate ;o)
  • edited May 2014
    Hope your ailment gets better soon Mr Slipwater,I look forward to your quips,they always make me chuckle.,take care and get the missus to " moisten " whatever makes you well.
  • edited May 2014
    Did wonder where you'd been.  Hope things improve eyewise. GL
    Pad