You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MY DEEPSTACK DIARY RAINMAN397

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat
Good afternoon all.
I have been playing deepstack for quite a while now and have improved my game, although i class myself as  a well below average player, who gets lucky now and again.
I work nights at nestles coffee factory but it is closing down and will be made redundant on may 23rd, so am going to try improve my game by doing  a diary and ask anyone interested to give me any advice how to improve my game.
Will be playing the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack most days and any low stakes deepstack in evening when have nights off.
I have been playing poker for 3 years now and have lost over £1500, so i am going to try and get that below  £1000  by end of year.
All the best
Rainman397.   

Comments

• edited May 2014

Best of luck with this RM. Sorry to hear about your impending redundancy. Please don't play with more than you can comfortably lose.

Here is a small deep stack guide I did ages ago. I am no expert, but there are a few tips on this thread.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Tips on deep stacks   << click to go to link
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: MY DEEPSTACK DIARY RAINMAN397:
    Best of luck with this RM. Sorry to hear about your impending redundancy. Please don't play with more than you can comfortably lose. Here is a small deep stack guide I did ages ago. I am no expert, but there are a few tips on this thread. GOOD LUCK!!! Tips on deep stacks    << click to go to link
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Good afternoon Maxally.
    Thank you for reply. very sound advice, my budget was £40 per week but will reduce it to £20 per week.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited May 2014
    Sorry to hear that Rainman. It's not a nice thing to happen as I know.

Regards to your poker challenge this series of videos may be of help. It starts off very basic but it's a decent series if you have the time. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF5615BAC92B3CDFE
  • edited May 2014
    Sorry to hear that Rainman. It's not a nice thing to happen as I know. Regards to your poker challenge this series of videos may be of help. It starts off very basic but it's a decent series if you have the time. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF5615BAC92B3CDFE
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Good afternoon FlyingDagg.
    Thank you for reply, will look through these from start to finish later this week.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited May 2014
    Hi Rainman, 

very sorry to hear about your redundancy.

one thing i find very useful - I post hands where I wasn't sure what to do to my coach, who analyses them for me. 

If you try to pick 1 hand per deepstack that you werent sure about, and post it on here, we as a community can help you to slowly reduce the number of times you arent sure what to do in a tournament. Dont worry about posting hands where you think you have completely messed up - they can often be the ones where you learn the most.

GL with your diary and reaching your goal! maybe you can even earn a few ££ and reduce the financial strain of your redundancy.
  • edited May 2014
    Hi rain man,sorry to hear about your redundancy,wish I could offer advice on the poker tables but there more learned folk here who will help you far more than I could.i wish you all the best on the job front ,take care.
  • edited May 2014
    Gl with your challenge and on the future job front.
  • edited May 2014
    Sorry to hear about your job rainman, all the best with getting something else.

I have played you quite a lot, and you have a good game.

If you are playing in the evening, the 7:15 and 7:45 are fantastic games for £3.30 total. Also if you are playing in the evening decinatly worth while playing the freeroll.

No doubt you will make your £500 by the end of the year.

Good luck with the challenge!
  • edited May 2014
    Good afternoon Chickenmelt, Tomgoodun and A00Rock.
    Thank you for your kind words and advice.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited May 2014
    Sorry to hear about your job rainman, all the best with getting something else. I have played you quite a lot, and you have a good game. If you are playing in the evening, the 7:15 and 7:45 are fantastic games for £3.30 total. Also if you are playing in the evening decinatly worth while playing the freeroll. No doubt you will make your £500 by the end of the year. Good luck with the challenge!
    Posted by LARSON7
    Good afternoon Larson.
    First of all excellent result taking down the main last night.
    Ido play the evening deepstacks when i have the opportunity, also like the mega.
    Played the £300  freecash last nigt and managed to sneak into 3rd place.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited May 2014
    Good afternoon all
    Yesterday cleared out my poker account knowing i recieve my poker rewards today.
    Left £2.20 in to play the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK, played really bad even for my standard.
    £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK 39 RUNNERS FINISHED IN 33RD PLACE.
    1900 HRS £300 FREECASH FR 281 RUNNERS FINISHED 3RD £27.75.
    PROFIT FOR THE DAY £25.05.
    All the best Rainman397
  • edited May 2014
    Good afternoon all Yesterday cleared out my poker account knowing i recieve my poker rewards today. Left £2.20 in to play the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK, played really bad even for my standard. £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK 39 RUNNERS FINISHED IN 33RD PLACE. 1900 HRS £300 FREECASH FR 281 RUNNERS FINISHED 3RD £27.75. PROFIT FOR THE DAY £25.05. All the best Rainman397
    Posted by rainman397
    Nice work, Dustin :)
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: MY DEEPSTACK DIARY RAINMAN397 : Nice work, Dustin :)
    Posted by Slipwater
    Good afternoon Slipwater.
    Thank you got very lucky in the freeroll.
    Hope you are on the mend, remember to blink.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited May 2014
    Well done.Survived better than me even after I rivered you ;-).
  • edited May 2014
    Well done.Survived better than me even after I rivered you ;-).
    Posted by belsibub
    Thank you Belsibub.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited May 2014
     Hi Rainman, I want to wish you the very best of luck in finding work soon rainman. Try the £1.10 Deepsake at 7.45 as this will help your bankroll and if you cash then play your afternoon one which is your fav. Mind ive I have only been playing poker for a year so your have every right to ignore my advice lol. May lady luck be kind to you. 
       Patience is the biggest thing ive learnt on the deepstack ,hope this helps.  Yours truly56   p.s( Be lucky at the tables)
  • edited May 2014
    Can we rename the 14.20 game after you? Good luck with this!
  • edited May 2014
    gl with this, I played your 14.20 and was less than than impressed by some of the play so if you don't copy it you should be fine
    gl on job front x

• edited May 2014
     Hi Rainman, I want to wish you the very best of luck in finding work soon rainman. Try the £1.10 Deepsake at 7.45 as this will help your bankroll and if you cash then play your afternoon one which is your fav. Mind ive I have only been playing poker for a year so your have every right to ignore my advice lol. May lady luck be kind to you.     Patience is the biggest thing ive learnt on the deepstack ,hope this helps.  Yours truly56   p.s( Be lucky at the tables)
    Posted by truly56
    Good morning Truly
    Thank you for taking the time to reply.
    I do and try play the evening deepstacks, but working nights  i normally have 2 miss them.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited May 2014
    Can we rename the 14.20 game after you? Good luck with this!
    Posted by Matt237
    Good morning Matt
    Thank you for the post.
    All  the best
    Rainman397
  • edited May 2014
    gl with this, I played your 14.20 and was less than than impressed by some of the play so if you don't copy it you should be fine gl on job front x
    Posted by ILuvPickle
    Good morning Iluvpickle
    Thank you for playing the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack, and the good wishes.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited May 2014
    Good morning all
    I have played really badly over last couple of days and br down to £21.87.
    So i am going to refocus as i am off work for 2 days so will play the evening deepstack and mega stack tonight.
    All the best
    Rainman397