You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TONIGHT LIVE on Ch 861 Sky Poker TV presents the £5K Turbo Open with Rich and Ross ( + Last Lon

Comments

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: TONIGHT LIVE on Ch 861 Sky Poker TV presents the £5K Turbo Open with Rich and Ross ( + Last Longer Competition):
    In Response to Re: TONIGHT LIVE on Ch 861 Sky Poker TV presents the £5K Turbo Open with Rich and Ross ( + Last Longer Competition) : I'll have to try that next time! Sounds like a thai-inspired roast chicken? Right, I am late-reging the mini now. Hopefully better luck in this one :)
    Posted by Laura_C
    U could say, but ive done research and coconut milk is proved to improve your poker play ! seriously you could be the next liv boeree with some coconut milk
  • edited May 2014
    Question - for the competitions that measure ROI are heads prizes included as winnings in the ROI calcs?

Cheers
    RM
  • edited May 2014

my comeback story, two of them....

live event at luton.  knocked out.  back to hotel. logged on, won £2k in the Rebuy Open.

spt at birmingham.  knocked out.  back to hotel. logged on, won £2k in the Main Event.

• edited May 2014

10:12 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 548 555 239 44  
    left 54 139 8    

JohnConnor 27 75      
    pomfrittes 29 78      
    Birchinio 30 27      
    pockets6 32 88      
    sammy550 34 62      
    AllyD90 39 76      
    gary1962 40 138      
    Direwolf 51 68      

• edited May 2014
    Rich im on master cash table 9 + 24, show some hands from here,i will prove the benfits of coconut milk and improving poker play
  • edited May 2014
    #775003678  shows the wonders of coconut milk consumption
  • edited May 2014
    was the UKPC on sky sports Monday night - I recorded it but got tennis instead....
  • edited May 2014
    Thanks for the kind words. I know craig is a decent player so gave him the credit in the aa vs aq hand. Playing live for only the second time tomorrow. Any tips?
  • edited May 2014
    I was going to use my last £2.89 in my account to play a sat for tonights turbo.... decided to put it on a 9 fold footy acca!!

BOOM ... IT CAME IN!!! £2540.59!!!!!!

Now if only I knew where to donk it all off..... hmmmm

• edited May 2014
    At AB0151, No the programme wasn't shown at it's originally scheduled broadcast time, due to the Live-tennis coverage overunning until 11pm. There has been a thread started regarding the programme and it's airing (or lack of). There aparently was a repeat show broadcasted at 1am.

I don't know as yet when the 2nd episde will be shown again at all - I think we may have to wait for it when it is re-broadcasted on either Sky Poker TV or youtube..though I know that Tikay was trying to get it looked into with sky sports. (from what was being said)..Keep your eyes peeled on the poker chat forum for further info...I think the associated thread has dropped to Pg2 tonight.

EDIT: @LIVESHOW - Have emailed in BTW.
  • edited May 2014
    Im not impressed Rich, knock me when im down, i was going to the kitchen to get more coconut milk in that hand, head back to my table now
  • edited May 2014
    I was 9/10 in the £200 Guarenteed at previous break, and i went to get some milk and i ended up winning. Maybe it's all milk in general?

Matt237820001£75.85Joeysampy02£45.10Frowme03£30.75kaden104£22.55mondo198505£16.40Tsaaaar06£14.35
  • edited May 2014
    Rich & Ross im sending some complimentary coconut milk over to you guys !! you deserve it
  • edited May 2014
     Coconut milk? and he won 1 hand

I had a glass of red wine and won the tournament
  • edited May 2014
    I've been cooking with coconut oil but my poker game hasn't improved, I assume it's just the milk that works then?
  • edited May 2014
    Well played with that pun Jarvis, Gg sir.
  • edited May 2014
    Dear Richard

In reply to your proof, i am actually a qualified market researcher, Ive conducted projects in the past which looked at whether the moon is really made out of cheese. I was assigned the coconut milk project many months back and have tested coconut milk and poker profitablity. To my suprise i found if i had coconut milk during poker sessions i became unbeatable even with rags like Q5

I personally invite you to join me on this research, we could test this over the next 7 days?
  • edited May 2014
    Coconut Milk improving your poker? Sounds like rubbish to me!

However, the food that does improve your poker play is bacon! Everybody loves bacon and if you type in the chatbox to the other players that you are eating bacon, it will distract them with jealousy, causing them to play badly. This strategy is even more effective during live poker when the opponents can physically see your bacon, causing an even greater level of distraction.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: TONIGHT LIVE on Ch 861 Sky Poker TV presents the £5K Turbo Open with Rich and Ross ( + Last Longer Competition):
    I've been cooking with coconut oil but my poker game hasn't improved, I assume it's just the milk that works then?
    Posted by Slykllist
    Sorry Sky, it is only Milk, in actual fact Coconut oil can have adverse affects to your game, id advice you to cut back on this
  • edited May 2014
    It was full fat milk i had by the way.
  • edited May 2014
    when i saw him fold on the turn i was quite amazed myself really because normally if i have flush draws i want to raise as too many fold the minute the flush comes.

i did later try it with a J4s on the button as their was a min raise so i 3bet and cbet a flop Ks 10 5s and i cbet and on the turn i got a Q so jammed andtook the pot down.
  • edited May 2014
    BTW, what was this Ross Jarvis award i won? I;m pretty excited
  • edited May 2014
    Evening Fella's!! Fantastic show 2nite!!! had an epic fail 2nite in the turbo open, managed to last nearly an hour!!! but managed to win my buy in plus extra back on disaster cash....sorry master cash!!! question for ross, for the first two levels of 2nite's main i played very tite as didnt want to lose half my stack or more early on, was planning to open up after those levels but was card dead and cudnt find a spot, do you agree with keeping it tite early on even though its a turbo or would you advicate hitting the ground running from the get go?
    Stuart
  • edited May 2014
    Yep definitely the Poultry pun :-)
  • edited May 2014
    Shoutout to 3 of my team mates that have top 10'd the main tonight, good work by Pomfrittes, Misty4me and Larson7. Flying the mighty Poker Titans flag high. Just about beats my tournament win :-(
  • edited May 2014
    Hi guys

Thank you for your kind words on my shove with th A8 in the main tonight. I didn't think it was an ideal shove but I had been card dead for too long... Was happy with my end place though. Enjoyed the evening with you both. 

Onwards and upwards :-))
  • edited May 2014
    I crashed out the main and the mini knew I should have had a glass of red wine.
    I am not not convinced by the milk. It reeks of the white flag of sueendor whereas the the red of danger is more like it.
  • edited May 2014

where is the best place to improve your game? websites, books etc? and where did ross learn?

• edited May 2014
    Thanks for the award Mr Jarvis, definetly the best moment of the week, even better then winning a UKPC seat. Will you guys be there? 
  • edited May 2014
    I crashed out the main and the mini knew I should have had a glass of red wine. I am not not convinced by the milk. It reeks of the white flag of sueendor whereas the the red of danger is more like it.
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    I will give the wine a go to compare i suppose :-)