You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Luckbox Larson...

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat
So, I was watching CNN last night when a ‘Breaking News’ banner started scrolling along the middle of the screen. Apparently Larson7 had won a Main Event on Sky Poker. I didn’t believe it (I mean, why would I?) and even the newsreader had to take a moment to compose himself. High on antibiotics as I was, I logged on to the forum just to check that I had not been self-medicating beyond the expiration date and sure enough, there it was. It wasn’t a joke and it wasn’t a misprint. Larson7 had indeed, taken down the Turbo Tuesday.

I’ve met the guy in person, and I’ve watched him play. He loves a rag ace, thinks third pair is almost always good, and chases every single draw that has ever presented itself to him. He is the player we all were thirty minutes after we shuffled a pack of cards for the first time.

Now, I think it’s possible that MattBates or TommyD was signed in on his laptop at the time, but without the corroborative evidence to back that up, I guess we just have to accept that sometimes these things happen. Sometimes, bad players just get there ;)

Sigh.

Well done, mate!

Comments

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Luckbox Larson...:
    So, I was watching CNN last night when a ‘Breaking News’ banner started scrolling along the middle of the screen. Apparently Larson7 had won a Main Event on Sky Poker. I didn’t believe it (I mean, why would I?) and even the newsreader had to take a moment to compose himself. High on antibiotics as I was, I logged on to the forum just to check that I had not been self-medicating beyond the expiration date and sure enough, there it was. It wasn’t a joke and it wasn’t a misprint. Larson7 had indeed, taken down the Turbo Tuesday. I’ve met the guy in person, and I’ve watched him play. He loves a rag ace, thinks third pair is almost always good, and chases every single draw that has ever presented itself to him. He is the player we all were thirty minutes after we shuffled a pack of cards for the first time. Now, I think it’s possible that MattBates or TommyD was signed in on his laptop at the time, but without the corroborative evidence to back that up, I guess we just have to accept that sometimes these things happen.   Sometimes, bad players just get there ;) Sigh. Well done, mate!
    Posted by Slipwater
    I still can't shuffle a pack of cards:)
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Luckbox Larson...:
    So, I was watching CNN last night when a ‘Breaking News’ banner started scrolling along the middle of the screen. Apparently Larson7 had won a Main Event on Sky Poker. I didn’t believe it (I mean, why would I?) and even the newsreader had to take a moment to compose himself. High on antibiotics as I was, I logged on to the forum just to check that I had not been self-medicating beyond the expiration date and sure enough, there it was. It wasn’t a joke and it wasn’t a misprint. Larson7 had indeed, taken down the Turbo Tuesday. I’ve met the guy in person, and I’ve watched him play. He loves a rag ace, thinks third pair is almost always good, and chases every single draw that has ever presented itself to him. He is the player we all were thirty minutes after we shuffled a pack of cards for the first time. Now, I think it’s possible that MattBates or TommyD was signed in on his laptop at the time, but without the corroborative evidence to back that up, I guess we just have to accept that sometimes these things happen.   Sometimes, bad players just get there ;) Sigh. Well done, mate!
    Posted by Slipwater
    Well, poker is a game that requires luck - that is the only possible explanation for Larson's triumph. Maybe if you had some luck too Slippy, you might have a chance at winning something also instead of consistently busting out first ;)
  • edited May 2014
    nice post slip and wp again larson