You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

is sky poker fixed? discuss

how many bad beats happen on sky poker, along with every second hand being a full house, flush or 4 of a kind, hands that on every other site are rare hands? i would like to hear other peoples experience and thoughts on this.

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Its not fixed at all but its clear that the way cards are generated is done in a way that creates more excitement by increasing the frequency of hands such as flushes and full houses. This doesnt give any player an advantage over any other player.
  • edited May 2014
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

DUMB AND DUMBER
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: is sky poker fixed? discuss:
    Its not fixed at all but its clear that the way cards are generated is done in a way that creates more excitement by increasing the frequency of hands such as flushes and full houses. This doesnt give any player an advantage over any other player.
    Posted by Ben444

thanks for the reply without being rude, i see your point but this does not explain almost every hand being a abd beat. poker is a game of percentages, they should even out but on sky poker this never seems to happen, on every other site i use it does. if then the hands are generated to increase excitement this means that the generator cant be random, therfor its fixed surely?
  • edited May 2014
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ DUMB AND DUMBER
    Posted by THEROCK573

i understand your comment but am not sure of its context or direction, its clearly not a pont so what is your input into the post or do you have nothing of interest to say?, how do you explain there beiong so many huge hands compared to any other game of poker?
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: is sky poker fixed? discuss : i understand your comment but am not sure of its context or direction, its clearly not a pont so what is your input into the post or do you have nothing of interest to say?, how do you explain there beiong so many huge hands compared to any other game of poker?
    Posted by matty700
    i cant explain something that isnt true, i played on pokerstars and ladbrookes last night, there was bad beats on there too, its called poker, i ran considerably well last night, tonight im running terrible, getting rivered, cant win a flip, coolered KK v AA, it happens, im used to it cos ive played thousands of tournaments and its all part of the game. you will understand one day hopefully.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: is sky poker fixed? discuss : i cant explain something that isnt true, i played on pokerstars and ladbrookes last night, there was bad beats on there too, its called poker, i ran considerably well last night, tonight im running terrible, getting rivered, cant win a flip, coolered KK v AA, it happens, im used to it cos ive played thousands of tournaments and its all part of the game. you will understand one day hopefully.
    Posted by THEROCK573

lol, its people like you who make Mr Sky richer every day, and making assumptions will get you no ware, i too have played thousands of hands, over the 8 years i have played online poker its probably closer to hundreds of thousands, and im not speaking about over the space of a day, im speaking about 99% of hands on this site over the past 6 weeks i have been a member. I understand completely that poker runs hot and cold for individual players, thats the game, its a game of percentages, but they even out over time hence the term percentages, but it seems too much on this site compared to others, again hence why i started the thred, not for small minded people making assumptions and calling people names for their opinions. I could be wrong, again why i asked for peoples opinions. hopefully one day you will be able to comunicate without the need to be offensive. but for people like you i understand that is probably a longer shot than hitting a flush 8 hands in a row, oh ye sorry im on sky poker, that happens every game.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: is sky poker fixed? discuss : i cant explain something that isnt true, i played on pokerstars and ladbrookes last night, there was bad beats on there too, its called poker, i ran considerably well last night, tonight im running terrible, getting rivered, cant win a flip, coolered KK v AA, it happens, im used to it cos ive played thousands of tournaments and its all part of the game. you will understand one day hopefully.
    Posted by THEROCK573

and you highlighted my question as if to answer it then dint touch on my question. again i said how can you explain so many big hands, for example almost every hand is won by better than a straight, how can this be possible when the majority of hands in poker are won by lower than a suit?
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: is sky poker fixed? discuss : and you highlighted my question as if to answer it then dint touch on my question. again i said how can you explain so many big hands, for example almost every hand is won by better than a straight, how can this be possible when the majority of hands in poker are won by lower than a suit?
    Posted by matty700

silly me i meant to say lower than a straight, i played in a tournament yesterday ware the same player hit 2 royal flushes and 3 straight flushes in 6 hands, i have never seen this in my life, i doubt many serious poker players have, does anyone know for example if sky uses bots in their games?, just a question.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: is sky poker fixed? discuss : silly me i meant to say lower than a straight, i played in a tournament yesterday ware the same player hit 2 royal flushes and 3 straight flushes in 6 hands, i have never seen this in my life, i doubt many serious poker players have, does anyone know for example if sky uses bots in their games?, just a question.
    Posted by matty700
    i've just seen aliens land outside my house tonight and then i saw a time machine.

words mean nothing mate you have hand history so prove it.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: is sky poker fixed? discuss : lol, its people like you who make Mr Sky richer every day, and making assumptions will get you no ware, i too have played thousands of hands, over the 8 years i have played online poker its probably closer to hundreds of thousands, and im not speaking about over the space of a day, im speaking about 99% of hands on this site over the past 6 weeks i have been a member. I understand completely that poker runs hot and cold for individual players, thats the game, its a game of percentages, but they even out over time hence the term percentages, but it seems too much on this site compared to others, again hence why i started the thred, not for small minded people making assumptions and calling people names for their opinions. I could be wrong, again why i asked for peoples opinions. hopefully one day you will be able to comunicate without the need to be offensive. but for people like you i understand that is probably a longer shot than hitting a flush 8 hands in a row, oh ye sorry im on sky poker, that happens every game.
    Posted by matty700
    This is absolutely priceless, you couldn't pick a better player to pick on.

As for your OP it's a ridiculous allegation - it's poker, it's why we love the game :-)
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: is sky poker fixed? discuss : lol, its people like you who make Mr Sky richer every day, and making assumptions will get you no ware, i too have played thousands of hands, over the 8 years i have played online poker its probably closer to hundreds of thousands, and im not speaking about over the space of a day, im speaking about 99% of hands on this site over the past 6 weeks i have been a member. I understand completely that poker runs hot and cold for individual players, thats the game, its a game of percentages, but they even out over time hence the term percentages, but it seems too much on this site compared to others, again hence why i started the thred, not for small minded people making assumptions and calling people names for their opinions. I could be wrong, again why i asked for peoples opinions. hopefully one day you will be able to comunicate without the need to be offensive. but for people like you i understand that is probably a longer shot than hitting a flush 8 hands in a row, oh ye sorry im on sky poker, that happens every game.
    Posted by matty700
    listen theres a stupid post about sky being fixed every single week on this forum and im sick to the back teeth of it as are many others, admittedly im rude and abrupt when people start talking rubbish without no evidence what so ever other than jibberish noncence about big hand v big hand that they have selctivly remebered.
    if i thought for one minute sky was rigged i would withdraw all my money and never play on the site again, funny thing is though the people who make these claims on here are back on here playing the next day. laughable!!!
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: is sky poker fixed? discuss : listen theres a stupid post about sky being fixed every single week on this forum and im sick to the back teeth of it as are many others, admittedly im rude and abrupt when people start talking rubbish without no evidence what so ever other than jibberish noncence about big hand v big hand that they have selctivly remebered. if i thought for one minute sky was rigged i would withdraw all my money and never play on the site again, funny thing is though the people who make these claims on here are back on here playing the next day. laughable!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573

i wont be back exept to have a look on this thread i can assure you of that. i will not be puting any more money in this site, thats my choice and your chice is obviously the opposite, iv never seen another post about sky poker being fixed, but now u mention that it makes me think even more that im right. i think u wil find you are the one speaking meaninless directionless drivel, i have simply started a thread to dicuss peoples opinion. if u are sick to the back teeth then i suggest u stop reading and COMMENTING on the subject that obviously makes u a bit touchy. then u wouldnt get sick of it if u did not spend your free time reading things that annoy you, seems a strange thing to do but anyway each to their own.

another point u mentioned was all the people who make these claims, one other interesting point is that in a ratio to the size of company to the amount of members sky is doing very badly, the most i ever see online is 3000 people, on other sites its in the 10's of thousands and these are new unestablished companies compared to the mighty sky, why do so many tournament players refuse to play on sky poker, the threads through out the internet show this, along with other threads of people who "claim" to have taken data from sky poker over hundreds of thousands of hands and the figures seem to point in the same direction i am pointing. Again these are faceless people who may or may not have carried out their claims.

again people this is intended as a discussion, i am new to sky poker as have always been told by friends "who have played poker much much longer than myself" to stay away from them as its not a natural game of poker, i now see im my opinion exactly what they meant. i also have not seen any of these threads about this every week, so i apolagise if i am repeating what other have already said but surely that happens on every one of the threads on a chat comunity.i would struggle to believe that sky completely fix their games without a 3rd party assesor picking up on this, i do however think sky live on the edge of the guidelines. again anyone want to tell me im completely wrong then please do, thats the point of this thread, but please try and explain your pint of view rather than being childish and just spouting abuse.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: is sky poker fixed? discuss : i've just seen aliens land outside my house tonight and then i saw a time machine. words mean nothing mate you have hand history so prove it.
    Posted by craigcu12

what colour were they? the voices in my head tell me they will be green but god tells me they are red, who is right?

never posted my hand history on this site, i will get to it and post it up shortly. thanks for telling me to do so, i should have done it in the first place admittedly, just didnt think,

also played in a tournament tonight ware 2 times at the same table 4 of a kind was beaten by another 4 of a kind, this is again next to impossible is it not? proof to follow, lol
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: is sky poker fixed? discuss : This is absolutely priceless, you couldn't pick a better player to pick on. As for your OP it's a ridiculous allegation - it's poker, it's why we love the game :-)
    Posted by Matt237

what do u mean couldnt pick a better player to pick on?

and i completely agree with you, it is poker, and it is a game of luck, but also skill, and does no one else think there are far more big hands on sky poker than other sites, and also a huge amount of bad beats, admittedly i have only used this site for a very short time in the grand scheme of things but it does seem strange to me, and i wanted to find out if its just me and a bad run on this or if it is noticed by other people and if so i will continue to use the other poker sited=s i have enjoyed and had nothing to complain about, but i like to use different sites, it keeps u under the radar a bit more if you play alot of poker, i mean it stops people becoming as familiar with your tactics as quickly and i think it improves your chances of winning by spreading the love so to speak. lol.

again i have won and lost large amounts of money on poker, i am more than aware that its not all rosey but i just have a niggling feeling at the back of my head every time i use this site which i do not seem to get on other sites.

also as far as i am aware nothing that is programed by a human can be "completely random, the programe has to follow a pattern itself and i assume this can be manipulated, im not saying for one secon that is what happens, but it could.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: is sky poker fixed? discuss : i've just seen aliens land outside my house tonight and then i saw a time machine. words mean nothing mate you have hand history so prove it.
    Posted by craigcu12

and according to the most inteligent man on the planet at this moment in time, possibly ever, (Mr hawking) time travel is possible and has more than likely already been done, so u should have got a picture of that time machine, could have made you a fortune, lol,
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: is sky poker fixed? discuss : listen theres a stupid post about sky being fixed every single week on this forum and im sick to the back teeth of it as are many others, admittedly im rude and abrupt when people start talking rubbish without no evidence what so ever other than jibberish noncence about big hand v big hand that they have selctivly remebered. if i thought for one minute sky was rigged i would withdraw all my money and never play on the site again, funny thing is though the people who make these claims on here are back on here playing the next day. laughable!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    im speaking gibberish, does the above underlined comment even constetute english, my spelling is not up to much i admit but at least i put my words in the correct order while im pointing out someone else is "talking gibberish" come on now lets stop throwing put downs at each other and have a discussion, prove me wrong please, tell me your experiences and feelings on the subject if you wish, if you dont want to hear about it then read another post about something that fills you with joy and happiness, life is too short to go reading things that you dont want to. lol
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: is sky poker fixed? discuss : i wont be back exept to have a look on this thread i can assure you of that. i will not be puting any more money in this site, thats my choice and your chice is obviously the opposite, iv never seen another post about sky poker being fixed, but now u mention that it makes me think even more that im right. i think u wil find you are the one speaking meaninless directionless drivel, i have simply started a thread to dicuss peoples opinion. if u are sick to the back teeth then i suggest u stop reading and COMMENTING on the subject that obviously makes u a bit touchy. then u wouldnt get sick of it if u did not spend your free time reading things that annoy you, seems a strange thing to do but anyway each to their own. another point u mentioned was all the people who make these claims, one other interesting point is that in a ratio to the size of company to the amount of members sky is doing very badly, the most i ever see online is 3000 people, on other sites its in the 10's of thousands and these are new unestablished companies compared to the mighty sky, why do so many tournament players refuse to play on sky poker, the threads through out the internet show this, along with other threads of people who "claim" to have taken data from sky poker over hundreds of thousands of hands and the figures seem to point in the same direction i am pointing. Again these are faceless people who may or may not have carried out their claims. again people this is intended as a discussion, i am new to sky poker as have always been told by friends "who have played poker much much longer than myself" to stay away from them as its not a natural game of poker, i now see im my opinion exactly what they meant. i also have not seen any of these threads about this every week, so i apolagise if i am repeating what other have already said but surely that happens on every one of the threads on a chat comunity.i would struggle to believe that sky completely fix their games without a 3rd party assesor picking up on this, i do however think sky live on the edge of the guidelines. again anyone want to tell me im completely wrong then please do, thats the point of this thread, but please try and explain your pint of view rather than being childish and just spouting abuse.
    Posted by matty700

if sky had any sense then anybody making false allegations and trying to start rigged threads should be completely banned from the forum, its bang out of order and its slander, ur bascially calling the people in charge of sky thiefs and cheats if u think u arnt getting a fair game for ur money. who exactly is it fixed for and what is the purpose of doing it?

sky has alot more than 3000 runners at peak times of a night by the way, its not got the runners other sites have but its only open to certain countries so thats understandable, the tournaments are pretty poor in terms of different types of games you can play so its understandable players would rather play elswhere but it still has lots of regs winners and losers who enjoy the games.

i have no biased opinion towards sky, im just a regular customer on here as i am elswhere and i dont see anything happening on this site that i dont see happen on others. 

show me the hand histories of the same guy hitting 2 royal flushes and 3 straight flushes in the space of 6 hands and you might make a believer out of me.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: is sky poker fixed? discuss : im speaking gibberish, does the above underlined comment even constetute english, my spelling is not up to much i admit but at least i put my words in the correct order while im pointing out someone else is "talking gibberish" come on now lets stop throwing put downs at each other and have a discussion, prove me wrong please, tell me your experiences and feelings on the subject if you wish, if you dont want to hear about it then read another post about something that fills you with joy and happiness, life is too short to go reading things that you dont want to. lol
    Posted by matty700

constitute

no need for english lessons thank you.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: is sky poker fixed? discuss : constitute no need for english lessons thank you.
    Posted by THEROCK573

i think u will find i pointed out my own spelling mistakes, that was the next thing i mentioned in my comment, engineers are very bad spellers as we spell things as they sound on engineering drawings, so my spelling is not of note as u managed to understand what the word was so it was spelled close enough, the random words u stuck together to form what u believed to be a sentence on the other hand was bad english, so a small refresher course could be a good idea for yourself.

i take it by your tiny reply to my essays i gave unto you, that you have nothing of note to put to this and have no answer to the questions i put to you, oh well plod on then and leave comments someware else please,

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: is sky poker fixed? discuss : if sky had any sense then anybody making false allegations and trying to start rigged threads should be completely banned from the forum, its bang out of order and its slander, ur bascially calling the people in charge of sky thiefs and cheats if u think u arnt getting a fair game for ur money. who exactly is it fixed for and what is the purpose of doing it? sky has alot more than 3000 runners at peak times of a night by the way, its not got the runners other sites have but its only open to certain countries so thats understandable, the tournaments are pretty poor in terms of different types of games you can play so its understandable players would rather play elswhere but it still has lots of regs winners and losers who enjoy the games. i have no biased opinion towards sky, im just a regular customer on here as i am elswhere and i dont see anything happening on this site that i dont see happen on others.  show me the hand histories of the same guy hitting 2 royal flushes and 3 straight flushes in the space of 6 hands and you might make a believer out of me.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    there is a wonderfull thing in the developed world that is called free speech, it would be a sad day if any thread a company thought was "not good for press" was simply deleted, i actually CONSIDER IT FANTASTIC THAT WE CAN SPEAK LIKE THIS about sky on sky.

i have not said they are cheats, i have aske for opinions on what people think, why should i not be able to do this? it certainly is not "bang out of order" would u like to live someware like china ware you can only do or say what the powers that be deem acceptable?

i personally have never seen online players avove the 3000 odd mark, but again i am only one man and i dont play poker every day all day, but i did not know that sky poker was not available in all countries, this is a very good point and something i have learned from this thread, which was exactly the reason i started this convo, to learn things so already we are on the right path,
  • edited May 2014
    i would like to take this opertunity to thank sky for allowing us to continue this discussion, i would also like to say i am not accusing you of cheating even if it sounds that way, i hav ejust noticed an unnatural game on here with an abundance of hands straight of above that i have never noticed on another site. this could be down to me and me alone, i simply wanted to discuss, i did not think people who do not work for sky would be so hurt and offended by my appeal for opinions

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: is sky poker fixed? discuss : i think u will find i pointed out my own spelling mistakes, that was the next thing i mentioned in my comment, engineers are very bad spellers as we spell things as they sound on engineering drawings, so my spelling is not of note as u managed to understand what the word was so it was spelled close enough, the random words u stuck together to form what u believed to be a sentence on the other hand was bad english, so a small refresher course could be a good idea for yourself. i take it by your tiny reply to my essays i gave unto you, that you have nothing of note to put to this and have no answer to the questions i put to you, oh well plod on then and leave comments someware else please,
    Posted by matty700

i really hope you play lots of cash games on this site cos if you dont judging a site on 177 games is laughable. get to bed kid anyway. school in the morning!!!
  • edited May 2014
    For all the thousands of threads on here and elsewhere claiming sites churn out action hands on purpose and/or at an unrealistic rate, I've never seen anyone ever suggest the opposite.

You'd think there would have been at least 1 "I can never make a pair on this site" or "the flops are so dull its impossible to make a hand, this never happens in real poker" type thread.

Same as I've seen thousands of "im running terrible threads" and very rarely see anyone post that they're hitting a prolonged run of amazing cards.

Everyone has a bad beat story they're willing to tell, rarely do you see people bragging about inflicting one. 

I've seen this loads of times. ...... "Dam I got disconnected on a final table, that's disgraceful".

I've never once seen this ........ "wow I got to a final table and my opponent wasn't there, how sweet was that"

It's just the way the mind works, you see what you want to see/remember what u want to remember.

-------------

Huge hands aren't even a big deal to be honest.

If you have AKss on a board of Ts, Js, Qs, how often are you getting action?

The only time a royal flush really gets paid is when it goes in pre flop, in which case the AKs will have like 50% equity, who cares if it wins at showdown with Ace high being good or having flopped a royal flush? It's the same thing, thee 50% of the time it wins is made up of zillions of different combinaions of community card runouts. It's really not worth paying any attention to.

More likely to see big action post flop when 1pair meets 1 pair, (AK v AQ/AJ/AT on A72r) tbh.
  • edited May 2014
    Is it fixed? No!

Why? It makes no business sense to cheat as if the ever got caught just once then the business would be dead. 

Biggest reason? No one, no computer program can predict how or make anyone play a poker hand. 
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: is sky poker fixed? discuss : i really hope you play lots of cash games on this site cos if you dont judging a site on 177 games is laughable. get to bed kid anyway. school in the morning!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    yes play mostly cash games, there is not a great deal of variety on this site for tournaments, as has already been mentioned if you could read.

and i also mentioned several times iv only been a member of sky for a few weeks, something that again has been mentioned several times in my posts, try going to school yourself and learning english you pleb, now bog off you silly little girl, get an education before u try and argue the case with someone, i have no time for children on an adults site, you are meant to be over 18 to be on this so give mummy back her credit card and keep quiet unless u have something of note to say.

and that is all i have to say about that
  • edited May 2014
    Is it fixed? No! Why? It makes no business sense to cheat as if the ever got caught just once then the business would be dead.  Biggest reason? No one, no computer program can predict how or make anyone play a poker hand. 
    Posted by CraigSG1
    thanks, what you said is very simple but makes complete sence at its base value, but again are you aware if sky poker has bots in operation?, is it even within the rules to operate bots in real money games?

if they do use bots then it would save alot of money as if the bots win then sky pays no one,

but this is a pointless point if they dont use bots.
  • edited May 2014
    Dont take on Rock and then delete posts, silly move :l
  • edited May 2014
    Dont take on Rock and then delete posts, silly move :l
    Posted by Matt237
    what do u mean delete posts?, i have not deleted any posts, and i wouldnt call it taking on rock, i dont fight with little girls, lol