You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Playing Nut Flush draws post flop

edited May 2014 in The Poker Clinic
I'll try to keep it simple as I mean "in general" obviously there is a difference between cash and tourney.

So, You have a suited ace in position raise pre and get a call, the flop brings 2 of your suit on a pretty dry board e.g. Qc 7c 3d. I am assuming if it is checked to you the correct play is to bet out? If the flop is bet do you raise? Obviously the Strength of your ace comes into play, do I feel I have 2 overs as well vs 1 over.

Of course I understand cash is geared more towards getting it in as you can reload, but if you get check raised on the flop in a tourney do you re raise all in rather than calling and the turn being a brick, as you have more equity (hopefully) post flop rather than post turn.

I know its a bit vague, hope it makes sense. Any thoughts appreciated.

Comments

• edited May 2014
    I think there are so many different variables that affect our decision here. Things like stack sizes, type types and their level of passivity and aggression, stages of a tournament and more have a huge influence on our play. As i was once told by a good player after posting a similar type of question on another forum, the answer is, it depends? Jamming all in on the flop for 100bbs when there is only 10-15 bbs in the pot vs a player than cant fold top pair is generally going to be a losing play, however calling all the time in the hope of hitting on the river is also a losing play. Play each situation based on its own merits rather than looking for generic rules imo. Any particular play may be best in different given situations whether its cash or a tourney.
  • edited May 2014