You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

1st month on sky

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat

I thought i would write and thank everyone for the kind support and words from the community and players on sky poker. 
Having never played poker before, well only with family and on various free apps, I have found the game to be rather puzzling, the longer the games go on the stranger the players become. 
ie they seem to build any early stack all be it getting lucky and then try to win the game in the 1st few levels.
I think there are 5 types of players on sky
winning regs, losing regs, it's only a game players, aggro nutcases and any 2 card callers.
I hope my game is going towards winning regs but I do get tilted by some of skys magic 1 outers :)
My only target with to get involved and try not to chase any loses.
I have joined the Dragons team and they all seem great but as only played 70 odd games haven't talked to many. 
I seem to have made the best of the best leaderboard but I can't see that lasting but chuffed my names up there :)
bit lost on what to say now, so if you see me at the tables say hi :)
If you have any tips for my game please help with my bad parts.
thanks loves
kezza xx

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Hi Kezza, i think it would really help ure game if u joined  facebook , as there are team pages such as Dragons, and  forum DTD page  etc. On this social media site it is very easy  to get help and support  and discuss Hands and strategy  etc. xx
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to 1st month on sky:
    I think there are 5 types of players on sky winning regs, losing regs, it's only a game players, aggro nutcases and any 2 card callers.
    Posted by ILuvPickle
    This made me giggle a little!

It's nice to see such a positive post on the forum, I hope you continue to enjoy your poker :-)
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: 1st month on sky:
    In Response to 1st month on sky : This made me giggle a little! It's nice to see such a positive post on the forum, I hope you continue to enjoy your poker :-)
    Posted by peter27
    +1

All the best pickle, great attitude towards the game. I should take note sometimes!
  • edited May 2014
    Hi Kezza, Lovely post and nice to see you riding high on the Best of the Best leaderboard. Nice win yesterday in the £600 BH by the way, not bad for a newbie!

What are your plans now you're in the top 10? I would be sorely tempted to play some cash, STTs and satellites for fear of dropping my average ROI!

Also a non poker question. Must it be Branston pickle are others still 'luvable'?  My step daughter swears by Tesco's own brand!  
  • edited May 2014
    Hi pickle,nice post and good to see such a great attitude,hope you continue your run good,funnily enough I fall into 4 of the 5 categories of player you describe.,guess I'm a "special" case ey:) take care and good luck.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to 1st month on sky : This made me giggle a little! It's nice to see such a positive post on the forum, I hope you continue to enjoy your poker :-)
    Posted by peter27
    thx love gl luck to you to 
    x
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: 1st month on sky : +1 All the best pickle, great attitude towards the game. I should take note sometimes!
    Posted by waller02
    That's sweet, hope you do
    thx love x
  • edited May 2014
    Hi Kezza, Lovely post and nice to see you riding high on the Best of the Best leaderboard. Nice win yesterday in the £600 BH by the way, not bad for a newbie! What are your plans now you're in the top 10? I would be sorely tempted to play some cash, STTs and satellites for fear of dropping my average ROI! Also a non poker question. Must it be Branston pickle are others still 'luvable'?  My step daughter swears by Tesco's own brand!  
    Posted by Enut
    thx was chuffed to win that and did ran great including flopping quad 10's on the final table when 3 left and winning with qq :)
    Plans, are to play some £2 bh as haven't played any and there seems alot of runners and any mtt with a large field at a £11 buyin or lower, not too worried by promo as players have till 31st to enter the code lots might be way ahead!
    I don't understand the concept of cash as the levels don't move, so will avoid that
    Sats seem to fast paced or on at the wrong time of day for me :)

lol not Branston it's Pickled Gerkhins 
    Run well enut and glad I could help you on the roi 
    xx

• edited May 2014
    Hi pickle,nice post and good to see such a great attitude,hope you continue your run good,funnily enough I fall into 4 of the 5 categories of player you describe.,guess I'm a "special" case ey:) take care and good luck.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Cheers love
    all the best to you 
    with luck you might turn into a winning reg *tongue in cheek*

xx
  • edited May 2014
    Hi Kezza, i think it would really help ure game if u joined  facebook , as there are team pages such as Dragons, and  forum DTD page  etc. On this social media site it is very easy  to get help and support  and discuss Hands and strategy  etc. xx
    Posted by REDARROW61
    Will look into that Red
    thx love
    run well
    xx
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: 1st month on sky : Cheers love all the best to you  with luck you might turn into a winning reg *tongue in cheek* xx
    Posted by ILuvPickle
    Thank you for your kind words and the good luck ?;),check out the dtd1result from last night :) me be il make it pay one day ey. Hope to meet you on the small stakes mtt,s.good luck to you.