You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Another FIASCO by Sky Poker :) - URGENT, FTAO SUITS

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat

Played in the FINAL of the UKPC Challenge tonight at 9pm.

Tourney id = 9420656.

It didn't last long!

After the FIRST person was eliminated.....the GAME ENDED! It was a SnG with prizes for all 6 places.

This is the lobby with stacks when the game 'ended'

ACEGOONER46251£500,000 6-Max UKPC Main Event packageMAXALLY25102£500,000 6-Max UKPC Main Event seatSmitalos19953£500k UKPC Final seat next Sundayedrich15004£500k UKPC Final seat next Sundayliamboi1113705£500k UKPC Semi seat next SundayTTayseer06£500k UKPC Semi seat next Sunday

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Obviously needs to be replayed from the start!
  • edited May 2014
    Can not understand why it was 5 min blinds for the final - maybe it was set up wrong and that is why it was stopped?
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Another FIASCO by Sky Poker :) - URGENT, FTAO SUITS:
    Posted by TTayseer
    Ahem, eeeerrr noooooo! If sky cannot re-start the sng at the chipstacks when it decided to declare the sng a result then this is a complete fiasco. 

• edited May 2014
    Posted by TTayseer
    yeah I agree that was a practice run :)
  • edited May 2014

Needs to be restarted with chip stacks as they were when it ended IMO.
  • edited May 2014
    Regardless of what sky decided its too late to plan something for today. I will be onto priority tomorrow about this though. Next weekend is cup final weekend and will be very poker light for me. 
  • edited May 2014
    Needs to be restarted with chip stacks as they were when it ended IMO.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    of course it does I was only joking lol
  • edited May 2014

Or just give us all seats for the mess up! LOL
  • edited May 2014
    I think you should all get free packages for the mess up - and I should get 1% of all your winnings for suggesting it ;)

• edited May 2014
    Yep seats for everybody Sky:)
  • edited May 2014
    Come on guys, it's obvious what happened here.  Acegooner has obviously hacked into the steady server. ;)
  • edited May 2014
    This is obviously a software error, Maxally has more than his starting stack
  • edited May 2014
  • edited May 2014

Hi Alan,

I've just sent this upstairs.
  • edited May 2014

For the record, if it is "URGENT" (see Thread Title), then there is no point Posting it on the Community - there is no formal Comminity monitoring in place for these things - the Business operates Customer Care to handle these matters, & it makes no sense to duplicate roles.

So, in cases such as this, where you require urgent response, PLEASE use Customer Care.

It's not a matter I'm allowed to comment on, so I can't say much about last night's matter, but I'm sorry things never went as expected or planned, & I hope it all gets sorted to everyone's satisfaction.
  • edited May 2014
    Hi Guys,

Firstly apologies for the error in the set up of this sit & go final.

We will be restarting the game from where it cut off with the chipstacks as they were. We will contact each of the 5 remaining players in regards to when we propose to play this. 

Apologies again.

Sam
  • edited May 2014
    For the record, if it is "URGENT" (see Thread Title), then there is no point Posting it on the Community - there is no formal Comminity monitoring in place for these things - the Business operates Customer Care to handle these matters, & it makes no sense to duplicate roles. So, in cases such as this, where you require urgent response, PLEASE use Customer Care. It's not a matter I'm allowed to comment on, so I can't say much about last night's matter, but I'm sorry things never went as expected or planned, & I hope it all gets sorted to everyone's satisfaction.
    Posted by Tikay10

Fair comment, but I really doubt that CC could of done anything about this last night TBH. 

I intentionally headed the thread this way so it could be picked up on Monday morning. when hopefully someone would see it from Sky Poker and send it 'upstairs'. 

Thank you for your reply and sending it up for me. Yes, I do hope it gets all sorted soonest.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Another FIASCO by Sky Poker :) - URGENT, FTAO SUITS : Fair comment, but I really doubt that CC could of done anything about this last night TBH.  I intentionally headed the thread this way so it could be picked up on Monday morning. when hopefully someone would see it from Sky Poker and send it 'upstairs'.  Thank you for your reply and sending it up for me. Yes, I do hope it gets all sorted soonest.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    CC themselves might not have been able to help, but they would have raised it as an urgent query for the Poker Team to look into. Not saying 100% that it would have been looked at quickly enough for the five of you still in the tournament but it would have given them a fighting chance. 

Always worth dropping CC a message when something like this crops up imo.
  • edited May 2014

Another fair comment Dave. I did headline this as a 'fiasco' and put a smiley in the title to attempt to inject some light hearted into it TBH.

It has obv been not well received, but I thought this was better than doing nothing about it.
  • edited May 2014
    Another fair comment Dave. I did headline this as a 'fiasco' and put a smiley in the title to attempt to inject some light hearted into it TBH. It has obv been not well received, but I thought this was better than doing nothing about it.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    No no Alan, that is not the case at all - I, & then Dave, are simply trying to help, by advising the most efficient course of action.

You are right - NOBODY would or could have done a thing last night. 

But if reported to CC, it would get seen first thing this morning. 

Me, when I send stuff up, I'm like Princess Cambridgeshire, I'm 836th in line to the (poker) throne, so they don't take so much notice of my daily barrage of whittly stuff.

It's not a case of "not well received" at all, I was genuinely trying to help by offering you sound advice for the quickest way to get it sorted.

The best thing, of course, would be if it never happened in the first place.....

• edited May 2014

I see now that this has been rescheduled for Thursday night. No contact, as far as I know, to any of the 5 still left in to notify us of this so could change the dynamics if players are not aware of the change and are 'away'. It is my Thirsty Thursday normal night out but I will now play this, obv.Some communication would of been nice, afterall it was Sky Poker's error in the first place, IMHO.

One more trivial point (not causing trouble, just making an observation).....it says in all the blurb, that this was going to be shown live on 861. I had a few family and friends tune in to watch, and the SnG was not even mentioned, let alone shown. I had to explain after how the game went....or didn't as the case was.

Week 1 - 1st - 7th May (Televised Final 11th May)

^^^ maybe change to 'hands may or may not be shown on live television'

• edited May 2014
    Hi Maxally,

This has been scheduled for Thursday evening yes pending confirmation that all involved can participate. Attempts were made yesterday to contact the 5 remaining players by telephone and confirmation was received from 2. Emails were sent to the other 3 so I would hope you have received an email about this?

Regarding the coverage on 861 I will pick this up with the TV team. It is hard for them to cover everything in the show but I will speak to the relevant parties about this.

Sam

• edited May 2014
    Hi Maxally, This has been scheduled for Thursday evening yes pending confirmation that all involved can participate. Attempts were made yesterday to contact the 5 remaining players by telephone and confirmation was received from 2. Emails were sent to the other 3 so I would hope you have received an email about this? Regarding the coverage on 861 I will pick this up with the TV team. It is hard for them to cover everything in the show but I will speak to the relevant parties about this. Sam
    Posted by Sky_SamT

Apologies Sam, just picked up email from yesterday (there was a lot of junk in my inbox).

Replied.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Another FIASCO by Sky Poker :) - URGENT, FTAO SUITS : Apologies Sam, just picked up email from yesterday (there was a lot of junk in my inbox). Replied.
    Posted by MAXALLY

I am in for Thursday Maxally, so is Liamboi not sure about the others. 

• edited May 2014
    Hi Guys,

Apologies there is one runner who cannot make Thursday night and in the interest of fairness we are going to rearrange. Somebody will be in touch today regarding this.

Sam
  • edited May 2014
    Hi Guys, Apologies there is one runner who cannot make Thursday night and in the interest of fairness we are going to rearrange. Somebody will be in touch today regarding this. Sam
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Hello, 
            Sorry to be the one who has put a spanner in the works. Unfortunately I am working until 10pm. on Thursday, so wouldn't be able to play until 10.30pm. Don't know if this would be possible. 
            If not, to save cc phoning back and forth, could we all post our availability on here? 
    Again apologies and I hope we can come to a consensus soon,
              Ed.
  • edited May 2014
    I heard AceGOONER had no plans on Saturday and would love to play it then
  • edited May 2014
    I heard AceGOONER had no plans on Saturday and would love to play it then
    Posted by MattBates
    +1

He said he could play on his iPad whilst at Wembley watching his beloved Gooners being destroyed by the mighty Hull Tigers.
  • edited May 2014

Hahaha 

Tough choice between going to wembley,potentially winning our first silverware in 9 years and playing the sng final !

Unfortunately I wont be available on sat or sun. 

Availability next week is Mon,Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun. 
  • edited May 2014
    Hi All,

Customer care are trying to get in touch with you all to try and get a date arranged for this. Please can you respond to emails/ phone calls that you have had.

Thanks