You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The best of the best promo got me thinking...

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat
MTT's are my favourite format of poker and I love the best of the best promo idea.

I just wondered what the MTT grinders think what a good strike rate is? Either cashing or taking them down? Not just over 15 or so games but 6months? a year?

I haven't taken one down for ages, although my volume is very low. However I find at low stakes I can cash pretty comfortably usually if I play my best poker (which is nothing to write home about).

So far this month I have played 10 bounty hunters and cashed 3 times (4th 5th 11th) with various amounts of heads.

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Cashing shouldn't really be something to aspire to. All the money is in the top three places, in particular the wins.

Personally I'm disappointed with anything except first, I have zero interest in min-cashes so have no qualms about playing for my tournament life on bubbles.

I'd suggest you look at your average field size, then see how often you win compared to the other players. Let's say you play in tournaments that go off with 100 runners, then you should be trying to win at least 1 in every 80 in order to beat the rake.

I've just looked at my own stats, I've played 4194 MTTs on Sky, average field size of 118. Had I won 1 in every 118, that's would be 36 victorys (4194/118=36). I've actually won 170, that's where my profit comes from.
  • edited May 2014
    as to answer your question, obviously any positive roi is good. 10% plus would mean you are a profitable player and i would say 30% plus over 1000 games would mean you are making decent money at them and is something to aim for. 40% plus and you are crushing