You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live hand curiosity.

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat
One of the last hands I played in Vegas, I'd check called down on flop and turn, and before I could act on the river, the other guy snap put 20k in the pot.

I paid him off, but it wasn't until the plane home when I thought about his acting out of turn, and what I could've done....IE; if I just led out for a small bet, is he obliged to just call, or is he entitled to still raise me?

Appreciate the rules here might differ from LV....

Comments

• edited May 2014
    As far as im aware if you bet he has all options left open. If u check his bet stands
  • edited May 2014
    ^^^ correct.... hence if you have the nuts... you check let his bet stand and then jam over the top!!

:)
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Live hand curiosity.:
    ^^^ correct.... hence if you have the nuts... you check let his bet stand and then jam over the top!! :)
    Posted by watto84
    Haha I shall bear this in mind for future reference ;)

Sure I read/heard somewhere of a ruling where that same mistake meant he could only call a bet, but my sleep deprived, jetlagged mind probably made it up.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Live hand curiosity.:
    One of the last hands I played in Vegas, I'd check called down on flop and turn, and before I could act on the river, the other guy snap put 20k in the pot. I paid him off, but it wasn't until the plane home when I thought about his acting out of turn, and what I could've done....IE; if I just led out for a small bet, is he obliged to just call, or is he entitled to still raise me? Appreciate the rules here might differ from LV....
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Chips i hope.

not dollars ..
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Live hand curiosity.:
    In Response to Live hand curiosity. : Chips i hope. not dollars ..
    Posted by 1267
    It was 20k of the free stir things for your coffee.

Highroller.