You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should i move up to higher stakes?

EENEEN
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
Lately ive been playing a lot of DYM STT's for £2+0.25 and £3+0.30

I have cashed in the last 17 of 21 tourneys ive played, so would it be feasible for me to move up to say the £5+0.5 tourneys and test it out?

I've turned £20 into £42.80 in the last couple of days just playing these for fun, so id like someones opinion on whether i should stay where i am, or move up.

My original plan was:

Start: £20 @ £2+0.25 DYM STT's

£30 @ £3+ 0.3 DYM STT's

£50 @ £5+0.5 DYM STT's

£100 @ £10+1 DYM STT's

If i were to start losing money then i would go down a paygrade on the above table. ( hope this makes sense )

I know this is risking ~10% of my bankroll each time and ive heard many people recommend only using 5% at a time, but this way seems to be working fairly well for me up to now.

Anyone have any advice?

Cheers, EEN

Comments

• edited January 2010
    You're playing for fun and winning. I would suggest ur therefore playing poker the right way!  However, variance is bound to kick in and ur great run will stop and the beats will invariably hit u.  I would say that if ur plan was to move up when u get to £50, then continue with that. Well done so far though.
  • EENEEN
    edited January 2010
    Thanks phil, saw you on the total player thing on tv the other day, great work :)

Yea i think i will stick to the plan outlined above, i imagine theres plenty more fishes at this level anyway :)
  • edited January 2010
    Your playing at 10% of your bankroll which wont last long if you start losing, I would advice playing at 3 -5%
  • EENEEN
    edited January 2010

Maybe you're right, but the reason i started like this was, as it's only ~£2 per tourney with my bankroll as it is now id have to lose 20 straight tourneys to go bust, and the advantage of this is, if i lose 2 or 3 in a row, i can walk away, take a break and see where im going wrong, then come back the next day or something. It's not as if i can just click buy back in like in cash games so easily. Iwould physically have to wait for 5 more players to join.

I think new plan:

Start @£20 -- ~£2DYM

@£60 -- ~£3DYM

@£100 -- £5DYM

I hope to be at £100 by the end of the month, but only time will tell :)

Thanks for the input though guys.