You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Do i value ship? NL 1/2 DEEEEP!

edited January 2010 in Hold'em Poker Strategy
So i been playing most the night 1/2 against this guy and entered monumental tilt!
i ran my stack up to 800, then lost it all + 800 more. Just got back to above evens now and  my Image is very very crazy.  I am open raising sb and bb to 12bb. He is a fairly big caller of me cause i am soo loose and aggro.  Been caught bluffing a fair few times. He likes calling on turn for draws, and often pays off light.  He has just lost a fair few big pots either cause of calling or because he didnt protect his hand.

not sure how do the copy and paste thing, but this is the hh.

Cash 1/2 nl

Hero - Sparce 900
Villain -      850 ish

Hero AD 5s
Sparce raised for £23.

/>Villain called for £22.

/>Dealing the flop (8c,5d,5h)
/>Villain checked.
/>Sparce bet £36.
/>Villain called for £36.

/>Dealing the turn (6s).
/>Villain bet £100.
/>Sparce raised for £300.
/>Villain called for £200.

/>Dealing the river (Ts).
/>Villain checked.
Hero?????

villain has 400 left. I cover.

Comments

• edited January 2010

Wow, the sums of money here are wayyyyy out of my league but having read the history and the way the hand as played out, and presuming money isnt an issue here, (Im not scared of losing money as Im within my roll -which Im sure you are) -- Im betting! - And betting as much as I think he will call! (u wud no this from playing with him) - Probably the lot to maintain your krazy image.

He could be trapping with a monster knowing uve been going crackers for the last half hour or whatever, but likewise this will encourage him to pay you off with much weaker hands. The pots pretty big, I expect him to V bet a stronger hand than yours here, your range is wide so hes gonna find it hard to put you on a hand, and having fired twice (flop and raise on turn), it would be a gamble for him to check a house to you on the river, hoping you will fire again.

Im just betting it, you've got the image and the hand to cash in here.

Look forward to reading what happened. - DOHH

• edited January 2010
    all in.  I reckon villain has a big overpair to the board, prob KK and is not going away.
  • edited January 2010
    Easy shove, When Villain donk bet-calls the turn he has like 7-8/7-6/7-7 and 9-9 alot of the time.