You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this a bad call over time for so many chips?

edited May 2014 in The Poker Clinic
Small blind  800.00 800.00 76529.16
Red_King Big blind  1600.00 2400.00 28162.47
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

RAB642 Fold     
bolesAA Fold     
BARBIE59 Raise  3200.00 5600.00 96203.43
ozzie786 Call  2400.00 8000.00 74129.16
Red_King Fold     
Flop

• A

ozzie786 Check     
BARBIE59 Bet  4000.00 12000.00 92203.43
ozzie786 Call  4000.00 16000.00 70129.16
Turn

ozzie786 Check     
BARBIE59 Bet  11000.00 27000.00 81203.43
ozzie786 All-in  70129.16 97129.16 0.00
BARBIE59 Call  59129.16 156258.32 22074.27
ozzie786 Show
  • A

BARBIE59 Show
  • A
  • K

River

BARBIE59 Win Pair of Aces 156258.32  178332.59

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Not if you got reads on the person
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Is this a bad call over time for so many chips?:
    Not if you got reads on the person
    Posted by alex1229
    Was pretty sure he was weak im just thinking is it right to call here and risk most my stack with top TPTK or wait for better/safer spot?
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Is this a bad call over time for so many chips? : Was pretty sure he was weak im just thinking is it right to call here and risk most my stack with top TPTK or wait for better/safer spot?
    Posted by BARBIE59
    Hi

I think you would be ok to fold in this spot seeing how deep you are.  On this board though what is he representing? I am only scared of the obvious 2 paid A-x or a set. But any standard player probably wouldn't jam with a hand of that strength on that dry board. 

Your bet sizing is good all the way, I think it depends on your read of player. If they push chips around a lot and you have seen him make this sort of move with air then go for it. In realality your only beating a bluff here.  With your stack look at what you left behind - so your probably on the cut off of folding and being a below average stack or calling and being a monster. 

In summary if old if the guy has played solid and I snap a maniac with both eyes closed

Good to see your not looking at results ony
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Is this a bad call over time for so many chips? : Hi I think you would be ok to fold in this spot seeing how deep you are.  On this board though what is he representing? I am only scared of the obvious 2 paid A-x or a set. But any standard player probably wouldn't jam with a hand of that strength on that dry board.  Your bet sizing is good all the way, I think it depends on your read of player. If they push chips around a lot and you have seen him make this sort of move with air then go for it. In realality your only beating a bluff here.  With your stack look at what you left behind - so your probably on the cut off of folding and being a below average stack or calling and being a monster.  In summary if old if the guy has played solid and I snap a maniac with both eyes closed Good to see your not looking at results ony
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Thanks for the input im kind of thinking next time in same sort of spot maybe i fold, like u say depends on the player. 
  • edited May 2014

Player dependent, but I think generally we should be calling here.

We've m/r the button, so could have anything. We've c-bet an A high board, again we could have anything. When we barrel the turn, we could just be barrelling as both stacks are quite deep. We could be betting a turned draw or something similar. We could be barrelling for the sake of barrelling as a lot of players can't take a second bullet out of position.

Obvs it's not a fist pump call to the shove, but we should be good here much more often than not. I don't mind villains play, I'd just prefer it that little bit more if he didn't have the Ace, as he's turned his hand into a bluff essentially. If he had some combi draw (pair and flush, straight and flush etc), I think it would be a cracking, if high variance, move. Has he shoved this turn because he thinks he has the best hand, or because he thinks he can get his oppo off a better ace? My gut feeling is the former....

Nice hand, wp.