You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Strategy when you cant get a break

edited May 2014 in The Poker Clinic
When you are having a run-bad, and can't seem to catch any decent progress, what would be the ideal situation to do. I generally think I am a Loose passive player. Tend to play generally tight but sometimes needlessly spins away alot of chips on what I call marginal hands Like AJ which seem to be missing the flop some 9/10 times at present.

So what your advice people? If I get these style of hands do I try and go uber-aggressive if i get these on the BTN, hoping I don't misss the flop and waist chips, like usual, or do I muck and just wait, wait, wait.....and....wait some more in the vague hope that a premium hnd will appear???

Comments

• edited May 2014
    It all depends on positions and dynamics Gary. Obviously if it folds round to you in the cut off or on the button and you have AJ by all means raise. Whilst AJ may miss the flop very often, Ace high can still be the best hand - If the board comes 2 3 3 its unlikely it will smash a villains range if they are flatting say JQ /910/KJ type of hands, it's always good to go into hands being the aggressor. 
  • edited May 2014
    volume. grind. brm. dig in. dont tilit.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Strategy when you cant get a break:
    When you are having a run-bad, and can't seem to catch any decent progress, what would be the ideal situation to do. I generally think I am a Loose passive player. Tend to play generally tight but sometimes needlessly spins away alot of chips on what I call marginal hands Like AJ which seem to be missing the flop some 9/10 times at present. So what your advice people? If I get these style of hands do I try and go uber-aggressive if i get these on the BTN, hoping I don't misss the flop and waist chips, like usual, or do I muck and just wait, wait, wait.....and....wait some more in the vague hope that a premium hnd will appear???
    Posted by GaryLaud
    I think thats your issue, its not a ideal combination ha

Best place to start seeing as u play DYM's is tighten up. Ive had some degree of success playing £5-£20 DYM's and the best way to play 100% is TIGHT AGGRESIVE, so opposite to you...

AJ, K10, AQ, A10 dont go crazy with these hands especially at the start, these hands only become usefull once the blinds get big like 150/300 200/400 where u just chuck it in pre flop, otherwise these hands are pretty useless.

For a begginer, tighten up ur range big time, just fold these hands pre flop. look to play pocket pairs for as cheap as possible to set mine, and if you hit win as many chips as possible, and on the flip side if you get dealt a big hand then show aggresion, dont slow play it. also im not a huge fan of the turbo dyms if thats what u play? just play the regular ones

ive seen some of the hands youve posted and you are a very passive player so really you gotta cut the hands u play dramitcally and be much more aggresive