You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BEST OF THE BEST - LUCKIEST OF THE MONTH?

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat
So as predicted my ROI of 171% would never be enough to stay in the top ten of UKPC tbl for the month.  Think these promotions are great and good value and well done to all those that do win a package.

I do however think that these promotion should be targeted appropriately.  Basically what i am trying to say is the likes of DIVSDREAMS etc who are the best of the best on sky in tournaments, who has a very respectable ROI of 62% for the month, does not have a hope in hells chance of ever being in the top 10 of this promotion, even though he is definitely the most consistent and profitable player on the site in tournaments!

Definitely think future tournament based leaderboards should be split in to 2 levels as in the cash race:

- 1st tier - best ROI based on minimum of 15/20 tournaments.
- 2nd tier - best ROI based on a minimum of 100 tournaments.

Could split the prizes as in the cash race promo also.  

Just my opinion.

Comments

• edited May 2014
    In Response to BEST OF THE BEST - LUCKIEST OF THE MONTH?:
    So as predicted my ROI of 171% would never be enough to stay in the top ten of UKPC tbl for the month.  Think these promotions are great and good value and well done to all those that do win a package. I do however think that these promotion should be targeted appropriately.  Basically what i am trying to say is the likes of DIVSDREAMS etc who are the best of the best on sky in tournaments, who has a very respectable ROI of 62% for the month, does not have a hope in hells chance of ever being in the top 10 of this promotion, even though he is definitely the most consistent and profitable player on the site in tournaments! Definitely think future tournament based leaderboards should be split in to 2 levels as in the cash race: - 1st tier - best ROI based on minimum of 15/20 tournaments. - 2nd tier - best ROI based on a minimum of 100 tournaments. Could split the prizes as in the cash race promo also.   Just my opinion.
    Posted by BIGSHANN
    So to keep you happy we should just give all the best players in your books a seat? 

He has just as equal chance as anyone else, if he binks a big tourny in the next couple weeks his roi will be massive. 

I can see an argument of raising the minimum tournaments to say 30. That means 1 a day for a month, thats probably better then 15. 

But i really dont get what your whole point about select player is? he can earn his place in the top 10 like anyone else..
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to BEST OF THE BEST - LUCKIEST OF THE MONTH?:
    So as predicted my ROI of 171% would never be enough to stay in the top ten of UKPC tbl for the month.  Think these promotions are great and good value and well done to all those that do win a package. I do however think that these promotion should be targeted appropriately.  Basically what i am trying to say is the likes of DIVSDREAMS etc who are the best of the best on sky in tournaments, who has a very respectable ROI of 62% for the month, does not have a hope in hells chance of ever being in the top 10 of this promotion, even though he is definitely the most consistent and profitable player on the site in tournaments! Definitely think future tournament based leaderboards should be split in to 2 levels as in the cash race: - 1st tier - best ROI based on minimum of 15/20 tournaments. - 2nd tier - best ROI based on a minimum of 100 tournaments. Could split the prizes as in the cash race promo also.   Just my opinion.
    Posted by BIGSHANN
    +1 to this.

I could have pretty much ignored the promotion and viewed it as an additional bonus if I happened to have a good month.

Instead I focused on the promotion and I've viewed it as a low volume promotion, which was probably not one of Sky's objectives.

Normally I would be playing 6-8  tournaments a day / night which on most nights would include the main and mini.

In May I've taken time out and been very selective on Sky, playing just 9 tournaments with the £11 turbo last night being my first main event of the month, though I've no plans to play another main event this week.

I'm sure once I've hit my 15 tournaments and my ROI (currently 196.85%) is not on the leaderboard, I will gradually increase the volume again, but then again if I manage to bink one more good result and my ROI gets me on the leaderboard, I'll go and do the gardening for a few nights, take the family to watch Godzilla 3D, catch up on the backlog on my sky+ box, anything but play tournaments on SKY.

• edited May 2014
    Any promo like this is gonna have some kind of luck element.  Even if you did it over 1000 games it wouldn't really be a true sample as to who the 'best' player was.  It's a fantastic promo with a excellent added value and hopefully a wide range of players get into the top 10 and really enjoy their UKPC event.

A few of the names on there are fantastic MTT players; hurst05 and chicknmelt in particular and I'm sure the others who have made the leaderboard have got game too.

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: BEST OF THE BEST - LUCKIEST OF THE MONTH?:
    In Response to BEST OF THE BEST - LUCKIEST OF THE MONTH? : So to keep you happy we should just give all the best players in your books a seat?  He has just as equal chance as anyone else, if he binks a big tourny in the next couple weeks his roi will be massive.  I can see an argument of raising the minimum tournaments to say 30. That means 1 a day for a month, thats probably better then 15.  But i really dont get what your whole point about select player is? he can earn his place in the top 10 like anyone else..
    Posted by alex1229

my opinion as stated in post.  
  • edited May 2014
    Any promo like this is gonna have some kind of luck element.  Even if you did it over 1000 games it wouldn't really be a true sample as to who the 'best' player was.  It's a fantastic promo with a excellent added value and hopefully a wide range of players get into the top 10 and really enjoy their UKPC event. A few of the names on there are fantastic MTT players; hurst05 and chicknmelt in particular and I'm sure the others who have made the leaderboard have got game too.
    Posted by scotty77
    Agreed.

Just trying to highlight the disparity between the cash race/ and sng  promos where the best will be at the top! 
  • edited May 2014
    Are sky ever gunna give some bonuses to depositing players instead of giving 1.5k packages away to people who are already winning plenty, same with the races, hi sir you've raked up a few thousand in rakeback, well we are gunna throw a 1.5k package at ya, this cant be good for the games and it will just make them gradully worse and worse
  • edited May 2014
    Are sky ever gunna give some bonuses to depositing players instead of giving 1.5k packages away to people who are already winning plenty, same with the races, hi sir you've raked up a few thousand in rakeback, well we are gunna throw a 1.5k package at ya, this cant be good for the games and it will just make them gradully worse and worse
    Posted by CrazyBen23

what would you suggest to be a good promotion for losing players?
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: BEST OF THE BEST - LUCKIEST OF THE MONTH? : Agreed. Just trying to highlight the disparity between the cash race/ and sng  promos where the best will be at the top! 
    Posted by BIGSHANN
    You dont need to be a good cash player to win that ukpc package from the cash promo... just zero life
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: BEST OF THE BEST - LUCKIEST OF THE MONTH? : You dont need to be a good cash player to win that ukpc package from the cash promo... just zero life
    Posted by hurst05
    This

And while a cash rake race is aimed at high grinders, this comp is clearly designed to get people to play 15 mains in a month hope they run deep in 3/4 and win a UKPC seat. Easily aimed at people who dont play mtts often if atall to buy into the higher buy in mtts on site. 
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: BEST OF THE BEST - LUCKIEST OF THE MONTH? : what would you suggest to be a good promotion for losing players?
    Posted by jordz16
    Depoist 100bob every 500points u make u get 10bob back, as a example
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: BEST OF THE BEST - LUCKIEST OF THE MONTH? : Depoist 100bob every 500points u make u get 10bob back, as a example
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    So just increase Cash for Points for losing players? 
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: BEST OF THE BEST - LUCKIEST OF THE MONTH? : Depoist 100bob every 500points u make u get 10bob back, as a example
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    So this is a deposit race? 

Im sure sky would love that...Dont think it would apppeal to 80% of the player field who play within their BR..
  • edited May 2014
    lol, note me saying just an example, well lads ive seen it on pstars.fr, and if you think you or sky run a better buisness then them then there really is some fresh air in between alot of peoples earholes
  • edited May 2014
    lol, note me saying just an example, well lads ive seen it on pstars.fr, and if you think you or sky run a better buisness then them then there really is some fresh air in between alot of peoples earholes
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    I wont even ask how or why u ended up on pstars.fr but good luck to ya...
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: BEST OF THE BEST - LUCKIEST OF THE MONTH? : what would you suggest to be a good promotion for losing players?
    Posted by jordz16
    Ten worst ROI's win package. You could count the ROI relative to the initial stake, so multiple rebuys would could as -100% each if you don't cash. It would be awesome.
  • edited May 2014
    Thanx for mention Shann m8.. You make a very valid point in what you say, but to be honest am not too bothered about promo... You saying that what you did believe it or not is worth more to me than a UKPC seat... coming from a class mtt player like yourself..  If a want to go sure a can satellite in very cheap.. Sky ain daft in these promos why there marketing team should take a bow..
  • edited May 2014
    Hi loves
    This promo is great for all types of players as a new player I have managed to win a couple of mtts both of which I wouldn't of played or played YET due to cost involved (£16.75) and my lack of bank roll (£70)so well done SKY in making me go for it so to speak, I doubt I will ran as good for the rest but I can hope :)
    Mr Shann did you know your ROI 171% is approx the same as winning a 2240 £5.75 bh then losing the next 14 games?? If you did win 1 then you can do it a again and shoot right up the board.
    Good Luck
    xx