You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Comments

• edited May 2014
    After the promo.... It's a Good Day, It's a Bad Day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubOXdrCrhFk
  • edited May 2014
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

gg

LAMBERT18031866UKPC Package
  • edited May 2014
    not sure losing 2+ ukpc packages on russian roulettes to win 1 package warrants a 'BOOOOM'. But each to their own :)
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: For Lambert:
    not sure losing 2+ ukpc packages on russian roulettes to win 1 package warrants a 'BOOOOM'. But each to their own :)
    Posted by hurst05
    Oh it does :)

Yesterday it was looking grim and looking like I was gonna make a big loss, but that has all changed.

Don't forget I got a bucket load of RB from them RRs and @ 30%. Full write up to come in the diary but in short....

Finished a total of -£3k on all SnGs (I played some DYMs, HU SnGs too during the promo)

Now got a £1k seat + £500 cash, + £1.5k RB already minimum. So from looking really grim yesterday, it's ended up being break even. So definitely boom-worthy imo.

And was already +£1k from my own games I palyed alongside (cash), so after all that, I've still got my +£1k profit for the month so far, with 50% of the month left to grind out more profit and do it with 30% RB. 

Not as great as I originally planned but an amazing result given how bad I thought it was gonna go midway through.
  • edited May 2014
    Echo Hursts post

On the plus side you now have a gold star! :)
  • edited May 2014
    Echo Hursts post On the plus side you now have a gold star! :)
    Posted by Jac35
    Replied above ^

Admittedly, I didn't plan for it to be break even, I went in thinking it was +EV or I obv wouldn't have played RRs. The more it went on, the less likely it was going to be +EV  BUT carrying on and getting the prize was gonna be less -EV than just giving up and taking the big loss so had to carry on, and now I've ended up break even which is an amazing result.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: For Lambert : Replied above ^ Admittedly, I didn't plan for it to be break even, I went in thinking it was +EV or I obv wouldn't have played RRs. The more it went on, the less likely it was going to be +EV  BUT carrying on and getting the prize was gonna be less -EV than just giving up and taking the big loss so had to carry on, and now I've ended up break even which is an amazing result.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Sorry Paul. I didn't really need to post that.
    Break even and a seat to a huge event isn't a bad way to start a day on reflection :)
    Just go and win it now!
  • edited May 2014
    Posted by hurst05
    Agreed, people are bannanas over points and rake races I really dont get it
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: For Lambert : Agreed, people are bannanas over points and rake races I really dont get it
    Posted by bolly580
    I agree with you, I thought this would just be a quick/easy +EV thing so seemed like a no brainer.

Dunno if any of you remember but I didn't really decide to go for it until like 9th/10th May and by that point 2nd place only had like 7k points. So I (stupidly) thought 'oh this'll be easy, I'm already on like 5.5k myself, so I'll just carry on grinding on as normal, but play some RRs on the side and if I make say 4000 points from them, that'll mean I've paid £400 in rake (assuming I ran EV) and I'll get like £100+ of that back in RB so it'll only cost me £300 to get a UKPC seat which is much cheaper than it'd probably cost me via sats. So it was like 'ok this is cool, I'll just get a cheap UKPC seat while I grind my normal cash games as normal anyway'... didn't quite work out like that lol.

So points scores when I started where pretty low, then in the last 5 days it went nuts. 2nd place went from 7k to nearly 30k in 5 days!! 

So I had 2 options once I'd got a few days in, either sigh about losing £700 and just give up and leave it there and know I'll get £200ish of it back in RB (so lose £500)... OR carry on, with the theory that I'd have to lose ALOT of money for it to not be cancelled out by the RB and £1k seat. Then as it went on, the scores being put up were crazier and crazier but so was the downward graph on my RRs so had the same 2 options above and felt like I was in too deep to stop.

I got really lucky for it to work out this way, that I did enough, and heatered a bit on the RRs towards the end to make this pretty much break even. Yesterday I'd have been well happy if someone said I could pull out now and be -£500 cos it was looking really grim, so I've been very lucky, but have deffo learnt my lesson and will NEVER be doing anything stupid like this again.

It looked like it would be a walk in the park at the start... couldn't have been more wrong, obv nothing in life is easy.
  • edited May 2014
    they should throw rr out of rake races,they are a joke,thats not playing poker,but sky wont.anyway well done lambert.
  • edited May 2014
    they should throw rr out of rake races,they are a joke,thats not playing poker,but sky wont.anyway well done lambert.
    Posted by mkgunner
    They should ditch rr altogether IMO......up the tigers btw!
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: For Lambert : They should ditch rr altogether IMO......up the tigers btw!
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Disagree with this slightly. If im running bad ill often do 4/5 of the lowest stake RR just to remind me i can win sometimes. 
  • edited May 2014
    RR are not for me, but if people play them then of course Sky will continue to run them, As for Lambert, good on him for using a 'loophole' that was available to everyone.
  • edited May 2014

Never in doubt !!!
  • edited May 2014
    You defo made the right decision in carrying on, -3k + no seat = Get the rope oot
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: For Lambert : I agree with you, I thought this would just be a quick/easy +EV thing so seemed like a no brainer. Dunno if any of you remember but I didn't really decide to go for it until like 9th/10th May and by that point 2nd place only had like 7k points. So I (stupidly) thought 'oh this'll be easy, I'm already on like 5.5k myself, so I'll just carry on grinding on as normal, but play some RRs on the side and if I make say 4000 points from them, that'll mean I've paid £400 in rake (assuming I ran EV) and I'll get like £100+ of that back in RB so it'll only cost me £300 to get a UKPC seat which is much cheaper than it'd probably cost me via sats. So it was like 'ok this is cool, I'll just get a cheap UKPC seat while I grind my normal cash games as normal anyway'... didn't quite work out like that lol. So points scores when I started where pretty low, then in the last 5 days it went nuts. 2nd place went from 7k to nearly 30k in 5 days!!  So I had 2 options once I'd got a few days in, either sigh about losing £700 and just give up and leave it there and know I'll get £200ish of it back in RB (so lose £500)... OR carry on, with the theory that I'd have to lose ALOT of money for it to not be cancelled out by the RB and £1k seat. Then as it went on, the scores being put up were crazier and crazier but so was the downward graph on my RRs so had the same 2 options above and felt like I was in too deep to stop. I got really lucky for it to work out this way, that I did enough, and heatered a bit on the RRs towards the end to make this pretty much break even. Yesterday I'd have been well happy if someone said I could pull out now and be -£500 cos it was looking really grim, so I've been very lucky, but have deffo learnt my lesson and will NEVER be doing anything stupid like this again. It looked like it would be a walk in the park at the start... couldn't have been more wrong, obv nothing in life is easy.
    Posted by Lambert180
    By my calcs...

you lost £2926 playing RR and you paid £2432 in rake (so u ran worse in the higher games overall, otherwise these figs should be equal)

30% of £2432 in rakeback you get back is £729.60.

So you spent £2926, but won £1000 seat + £500 cash + £729.60(RB).

So you finished -£696.40 by playing RR.

The figs above are from scope, so give or take a bit for missed games.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: For Lambert : By my calcs... you lost £2926 playing RR and you paid £2432 in rake (so u ran worse in the higher games overall, otherwise these figs should be equal) 30% of £2432 in rakeback you get back is £729.60. So you spent £2926, but won £1000 seat + £500 cash + £729.60(RB). So you finished -£696.40 by playing RR. The figs above are from scope, so give or take a bit for missed games.
    Posted by splashies
    Yea doesn't make much sense
  • edited May 2014
    Ah well:)

Man had a plan, didn't go as expected.

No dramas.

Well done Lambert on winning the promo.
  • edited May 2014
    Tbf, says a lot about the guy that he can say he 'heaterd' towards the end even though he had lost a lot overall in a neutral EV game pre rake.

Also there obv is a point where giving up becomes hugely -EV even if u know you'll lose a chunk more continuing.
  • edited May 2014
    From Matt with love xxx

• edited May 2014
    Losing more than I raked doesn't necessarily mean I ran worse in the bigger games fwiw, it just means I ran below EV overall,for instance I ran super good in the 50s but terribly at 30s. When I started 30s Bawfizzle did the honour of ruining a bit good and winning 8 in a row of the first 8 x 30s I played so was gonna be close to impossible to recover from that stake level cos I knew very few games run at that level.

I got all the stats for each stake that ill post in my diary update but Yeh pretty clear I ran a decent chunk below EV. Would have pretty practically break even just with RRs, RB, promo money if I ran EV, but meh that's poker. When I said break even, I meant including total RB, not just the RB from RRs, its prob still a little under break even but like I said, towards the end I was gonna be very happy to lock up a small loss in comparison to how much I could have lost. I was looking at it as an overall monthly +/- once I got into it and just wanted to make it to the end of the promo withoutlosing money. Thankfully my MTT/cash results have been ok along the way so I'm now half way thru the month with a UKPC seat and more money in my roll than I started the month with so I'm happy. Could have been better obv without the promo but after how brutal the week felt its great to come out of it having made some profit.
  • edited May 2014
    lol, i wasn't overly bothered wether i won a seat or not. But when i saw u playing them stupid coinflip sngs i decided i was going to push u as hard as i could. Little bit tilting that i decided to go drinking thursday night instead of playing another session as if i played i woulda caught the guy who was leading the whole way.
  • edited May 2014
    Hey Mikey

Good luck for the second half of the promo.
  • edited May 2014
    Lol thought there might have been a bit of that Mikey, a few days everytime I'd stop regging RRs you'd jump on them, then if I started regging again you'd stop. Was an annoying spot on the last day cos I thought I had enough points and didn't need to play anymore but if I stopped, you'd start, and then I might not have had enough so had to carry on even if I didn't 'need' to.

Unlucky on 3rd place, at least (unlike me) whenever I did 'find a player' on you, you seemed to be crushing the tables so your week was prob a lot better than mine lol.
  • edited May 2014
    Good afternoon Lambert.
    Cash in the UKPC and it will all have been worth it.
    Good luck.
    All the best
    Rainman397