You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

picture upload??

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat
Recently on my diary post I tried too post a pic.
It was through my phone and had the choose file option.
After I selected the pic it said save. Which I did but doesnt appear on the post. 
How do I upload it???

Anyone there that could help me with this????

Comments

• edited May 2014
    In Response to picture upload??:
    Recently on my diary post I tried too post a pic. It was through my phone and had the choose file option. After I selected the pic it said save. Which I did but doesnt appear on the post.  How do I upload it??? Anyone there that could help me with this????
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    You click the 'insert picture' button when you're posting (on the toolbar at the bottom of the post window), upload it and then wait for it to be approved by a site administrator. While it's waiting for approval you'll see a temporary image in the post. If the admin decides it's unsuitable for approval it'll just get removed from the post.

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: picture upload??:
    In Response to picture upload?? : You click the 'insert picture' button when you're posting (on the toolbar at the bottom of the post window), upload it and then wait for it to be approved by a site administrator. While it's waiting for approval you'll see a temporary image in the post. If the admin decides it's unsuitable for approval it'll just get removed from the post.
    Posted by NoseyBonk

I did try the insert pic. The name of the file comes up but it then says. Save. I click that and it takes me back to my message but without the pic showing.

• edited May 2014
    ok will try it now.
    click on insert file at the bottom of the message screen
    A pop up Box comes up click on choose file
    Navigate to where your picture is.
    select it and click open
    Then click on save in the pop up box.
    If this works then there is a picture of me in the UKPC
    when it gets approved.

• edited May 2014
    I think I can do it through the comp sir-gary,

did u do that through your phone?? as thats where I seem too have the problem uploading.
  • edited May 2014
    again ive tried there with the desktop and it sais the file is too big, it is only one pic...

I don't understand :(
  • edited May 2014
    Copy into paint save as jpeg & try again.GL.
  • edited May 2014
    Copy into paint save as jpeg & try again.GL.
    Posted by belsibub
    still didn't work, ill have a mess about see what I can do.

it sais less than 7oo mb
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: picture upload?? : still didn't work, ill have a mess about see what I can do. it sais less than 7oo mb
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    Mb or Kb?If Mb that is quite big.If I do a screen gab & put it into paint & save as a jpeg it is only 117kb's.
  • edited May 2014
    it sais 1.69mb I have no idea why it is so big
  • edited May 2014
    Test,as i have never tried it.

• edited May 2014
    hmmm, im not sure where im going wrong with this.
  • edited May 2014
    hmmm, im not sure where im going wrong with this.
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    Mine is just a table from a screen grab as i don't  keep any pic's on my pc.
    Again only reads 160kb's.
    I could try one of the windows pics as they should be copyright free.
  • edited May 2014
    so ive started a thread full of pics and I cant do it. u can all cash aswell, think theres something wrong there too :)
  • edited May 2014
    so ive started a thread full of pics and I cant do it. u can all cash aswell, think theres something wrong there too :)
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    I think it is just the size of your pic......mine was just one from google and it was only a few kb's
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: picture upload?? : I think it is just the size of your pic......mine was just one from google and it was only a few kb's
    Posted by waller02

I loaded the pic from my phone, as it wasn't working from that, but why is it so big, its just a standard pic lol
  • edited May 2014
    Looks like it has worked for you "at last" Photo's now awaiting approval....VWD! :D
  • edited May 2014
    Looks like it has worked for you "at last" Photo's now awaiting approval....VWD! :D
    Posted by GaryLaud
    I have a feelimg its going too be quite a small pic though. We shall see lol.
  • edited May 2014
    Sounds like the file was too big and you are struggling to understand what to do.
     So I will give you a different way that will save it it in another lower acceptable resolution.
    when you want somwething off the screen regardless, try the snipping tool instead, this enables you to save any specific part of the current screen you want.
    This is not the only way, but a way they may work for you.

Ok you have the table or the lobby which you wish to take a picture of.

Click start button.
    click all programmes.
    Click accessories.
    Click snipping tool.
    A box appears, by default all you need do is select the top left of which you wish to copy and hold down left mouse keyall the way to bottom right.
    click again the that bit of screen is captured in the box.
    Go to file in the box and click save as 
    Save in a directory to suit (usually my pictures).
    The default name is capture , I advise you to rename it.
    Then save, this file should then be ok for uploading.