You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

desktop failure!!!!

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat
Just had the news rhat my desktop is failing to do a windows update nd not starting. I recently restored the comp too factory settings and has been running hreat for two days. 

Any ideas on how I can sort this.

Its windows 8. 

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Not familiar with windows 8 but a quick google seems to show they install similarly apart from windows 8 wanting the key at the beginning.
    Did you do a custom install(total start over wipes all old files) or an upgrade install(keeps a copy of old version & moves files onto new install)?
    I would always recommend if you are having problems a custom install start clean but back anything you don't want to loose up on an external hd.As this will get rid of any bad info.
    Don't know if this will help(made before 8.1 update came out) but you can have a look.

Windows 8 Installation and Configuration 
  • edited May 2014
    If you had the failure message on an auto update try it manually going thro your File explorer/ Desktop/control panel/syt & sec/windows update, it is likely there are a lot of updates awaiting installation once you have them all updated download the windows 8.1 which is far better than 8 but it took my puter about 3hrs to download this so it is not a quick fix mate gl.