You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Making some bounty prizes less to make the prizepools bigger?

Evening all. Would anyone else like to see some of the bounty prizes smaller, to make the prizepool bigger?
 Maybe 70% - 80% for the prizepool. Or maybe add a new game all together with a 80/20 format to see how it goes. A 22 pound one would be perfect for me at that format, or if the 33 bounty had a 10 bounty with 20 in the prize pool. What do you guys think? has this been tried here yet?
 cheers :) 

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Like the idea - but I feel that it would not really benefit any parties.  Most rec players will want the chance to recover their buy in with knocking out a max of 3 players - changing to a 80 20 would mean in the £33 example, Head prize would start at £6

at £22 - would be just £4

Meaning you make just £4.50 for a £33 and £3 for a £22 buy in.  This almost makes the head prizes not worth chasing after at all - unless that is a format you was suggesting where your rewarded for a head but people are less llikely to activly chase?

I feel this would take away a big part of the BH's - they are  faster playing tourny and if you knock out a few people quickly build up a good cash to take home - and when you run deep - unless you are in top 2, generally your better off than a non BH tourny.  If start well then get unlucky / outplayed and finish - can still say had a good evening on the cheap.

People always want a tourny that gives you the best chance of return - current BH format does that - I know that other operators run some head hunter tournys with a much lower head proze - they are no where near as good as sky ones!! 

As ever - no idea a bad one - and what do I know about what people want. :-)
  • edited May 2014
     Hey Nuggy, thx forn the input. I do understand what you are saying, but I think in the 33 bh, a 10 head prize would be plenty to chase. 
     Maybe even trying to bring a new 22 pound format with a 15/5 pound head prize. It just seems that so many of the normal format games are disapeering, this could find some middle ground.
     The head prize in this format couldn't really be a set percentage, it would have to depend on the buyin.
     Example: 
    10+1= 7/3
    20+2= 15/5
    30+3= 20/10
    50+5= 30/20 or 35/15

I really think it would be worth a try with one of these formats. What do you think of these bountys, worth chasing now?
     Cheers :)
  • edited May 2014
    I agree that there are fewer big prize pool games for non BH other than main events. But people vote with their wallets and the BH format is getting more and more popular. 

I am the wrong person to suggest a new format and weigh up pro's and cons. Hopefully Tk will read your post, he always says the right things and will be honest in response to the suggestion. I think that the people in the know could certainly look at your idea and see if a model fits. I saw a BH double chance the other day, another take on the BH format. 

Out of interest, why would you like the head value reducing and prize pool bigger? 
  • edited May 2014
     It just came to me when I noticed the 20+2 deepstack seemed to be on it's way out. I thought "I bet it would be more popular if it had a 25% bounty on it". Then the more I thought about it, the more I thought I would prefer that format on the other bountys too.
     I figured that if it hasn't been tried yet, it could go down well. I'v not seen any games of these formats here yet, but i'v not been here that long.
  • edited May 2014
    Ah I see! 

That makes sense :)

Hope your enjoying the site. If ever worried about a particular tourny finishing ask in the community and people far more knowledge than me on these matters :)

Hope to see you at the tables