You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Sky Poker App

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat

Hi All,

From today you can enjoy all your favourite cash games on your iPad with our new Sky Poker app. The Sky Poker app allows you to play whenever and wherever you like.

The app comes on the back of the development and release of the new tablet lobby that has been available for all tablet users for the last few weeks.

As a Sky Poker customer you can enjoy some fantastic features within the app:

• * All your favourite Hold'em, Omaha and Omaha Hi-Lo Cash games
  • * The brand new Sky Poker lobby design
  • * Watch Sky Poker TV and learn to improve your game on the go
  • * 'Play Now' Feature - We will find you a cash table in seconds that suits your bankroll
  • * Enjoy all the great features of the Sky Poker desktop tables
  • * Full acoount history, deposits and withdrawals all direct from your device
  • * Access to all our great promotions and forum via the app

That is all available right now but there is much more to come to the app in the future including:

* Sit and Go's
  • * Tournaments
  • * Multi- tabling capabilities
  • * Sky Poker rewards progress meter
* We are also working on a dedicated iPhone app that we hope to deliver in the near future.

As always we are keen to gauge as much feedback as possible. This can be done by the feedback function within the app; equally feedback can be left on the forum. All feedback is very useful and is regularly monitored and we will answer any questions that you may have on the forum.

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Yes lovely, now how about an update that means you can see whos on the actual tables before clicking play?
  • edited May 2014
    Hate to put a downer on things, but the app crashes constantly. Crashes when opening a table and when closing one. Was using the app on an iPad Air, the most powerful iPad that Apple do. So I would say anyone running an older model wouldn't stand a chance until a fix is issued.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker App:
    Yes lovely, now how about an update that means you can see whos on the actual tables before clicking play?
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    This is something that we are considering and there is a chance that it will appear in future updates of the app.
  • edited May 2014
    Hate to put a downer on things, but the app crashes constantly. Crashes when opening a table and when closing one. Was using the app on an iPad Air, the most powerful iPad that Apple do. So I would say anyone running an older model wouldn't stand a chance until a fix is issued.
    Posted by thefa1lacy
    Hello,

We have had good usage of the app since launch and have had no more evidence of this happening? Are you saying that the app crashes every time that your table open or closes? 

What is the behaviour when it does crash? Is there any chance you could provide a screenshot?

Thank you
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker App : Hello, We have had good usage of the app since launch and have had no more evidence of this happening? Are you saying that the app crashes every time that your table open or closes?  What is the behaviour when it does crash? Is there any chance you could provide a screenshot? Thank you
    Posted by Sky_SamT

Hiya, I've just opened an closed about 10 tables and it hasnt done it. Basically yesterday when opening a table and you the swirly circle showing its loading, it crashed back to my apps, and when opening it again it hadn't saved my username despite checking the box. Then it crashed when I pressed close table, and upon opening it again it crashed when a table was loading. So I didnt use it again. As I say it seems ok this morning. It wouldnt have been my iPad though, its a new 32GB Air, with no problems.

Good luck with the app, hope the DYM's are added soon. Thanks.

• edited May 2014
    How about an app for grown-up tablets?
  • edited May 2014
    How about an app for grown-up tablets?
    Posted by FCHD
    If you mean Android, unlikely: not something we can affect as Google Play have rules which restrict gambling apps appearing in there. We monitor this on a regular basis as obviously we'd love to have one in there though!
  • edited May 2014
    Hi All,

The app has been out there for a few days now and we are keen to gauge some feedback on it. Have you enjoyed playing the app? What do you want to see next? 

If you have any questions please fire away, I will try and answer as many as I can.

Thanks
  • edited May 2014
    You still can't multi table then? Just one table?
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker App : If you mean Android, unlikely: not something we can affect as Google Play have rules which restrict gambling apps appearing in there. We monitor this on a regular basis as obviously we'd love to have one in there though!
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    I don't know if this is 100% correct as many betting sites have their own apps for Android.

I have a number on them on my S3.
  • edited May 2014
    What are the advantages of playing on a Ipad through an "app" rather than playing it through a browser?
  • edited May 2014
    What are the advantages of playing on a Ipad through an "app" rather than playing it through a browser?
    Posted by FCHD
    Exactly. Can't multitablle. Pointless at the moment.